Closed Thread
Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We saw our clinic and the fertility doctor again, and it was interesting sad and surprising. First we were told that we would be going through a ICSI cycle in November, we were surprised, pleasantly, and thought wow we might have caught a break and had some happy thoughts. then we signed the paperwork to go through with the cycle. but then our doctor paused and asked when I had last had a baseline ultrasound, and blood tests. so they were able to squeeze me in to do both today, we thought it was a formality. but the person doing the ultrasound raced off to see our doctor. we were then informed that my uterus was large, which could mean I have a form of endometriosis. So the lining of my uterus is going into my abdomen, which is why my periods have been heavy and painful. So everything we have gone through this year has been for nothing. all the emotion, health and money has been a waste of time, as I had no chance of hanging on to any pregnancy our embryos never had a chance. I have to have a pelvic MRI to confirm their diagnosis later in the month, then we have another appointment to work out our next move. I just feel pretty angry and broken, as fertility sa did none of these tests when we started with them again, just seemed to assume that I was ok, and that our issues were all brentons fault. They said I can still get pregnant apparently but it changes the medications etc. Im glad that they are so thorough, but feeling that we have wasted time and money and got nowhere. Just feeling sad and angry at our previous clinic, as I might have got pregnant if we had know this earlier.
    Last edited by nicole77; 09-10-2013 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear this Nicole. it's disheartening to get excited to start then get blind sided by something out of the blue. I was in the same boat with my old clinic and it wasn't until moving elsewhere that they bothered testing me and found issues. I felt like we wasted 2 years of our lives with them.
    On a positive note it sounds like your new clinic and doctor are at least on the ball and although it has changed things a little, in the long run it will be the best thing. The only way is up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole77 - oh my goodness, that is shocking! You poor thing, I don't know if it helps, but if they can do something for your endo, it might really change things for u. I have a friend who had endo everywhere. Very severe on all organs, both ovaries and even cervix. She really stuggled with infertility but then had a laparoscopy to remove the endo cells. Because she knew how her body responded to meds already, first try after the lap she got pregnant. Then went for her second child- same process, another positive. In some ways the other stuff hadn't been a total waste- they knew exactly what to do next. Endo can be very painful, I'm so sorry it sounds like u have been struggling and no one has taken that seriously. Did u have a lap before u commencing ivf?

minib- crinone is a bit yucky... I bought absorbent panty liners which helps just in case there is any discharge. And definitely a clean up every now and then

francesthecat- that sounds awful- I really hope u are ok- are u in pain or just bloated?

annerley- I have had some cramping, a little sharp pinch/tug just above my pubic bone in the same spot for the last few days. Also- tmi, when I last cleaned out the crinone I noticed my cervix feels really weird... Really rounded, more convex, and hard. Also having a hell of a lot of discharge. Making the crinone not so bad. Been cold and hot, shivery and then sweaty. Lots if pimples - little painful ones. Loose stools. Very emotional. Boobs not sore at all! I do really hope it sticks, DH is being quite emotional about it now. I've calmed down a lot after being so upset this week but this evening he needed a bit of a chat about if we loose it. So we will have to wait and see if the symptoms continue. Right now I just want to fantasize about how good it could be...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So I had the trigger. For some reason I had a little freak out before it & apparently I 'threw my DH off' (seems like its my fault) so he didnt check the needle pen properly. The plunger itself was on 250 but he didnt check the little window on the side. After he administered it he (even though I asked him repeatedly) didnt check that the little window was on zero till after he'd pulled the needle out. The plunger itself was on zero but the little window just had a line. So now I have no idea if its all been administered properly. I'm so angry at him, he has so much trouble following instructions etc but I thought he'd be better with something this important. So now all this might have been for nothing. So angry at DH right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Heartstringz,

Can you see how much is left in the needle ?? If there is not much left will be fine.
    Just call the clinic this morning.

I had a huge stuff up with my trigger last cycle. And omg I went berserk totally. All needed up fine.

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Frances the cat - I had a look and there is just a tiny tiny bit left at the bottom. I was just worried cause the little window had a line not a zero. Hopefully it will be ok, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big poor me post.

Had first scan this morning, all looking good 15 smaller follicles. One big one at 13 cms and 5 at 9 cms. Ok not too bad, then see the nurse no you have only 1 at size, you normally do much better than this. We might have to cancel as you have been bleeding and this as well.

WTF OMG so sick if this type of thing. This was my last chance this year to get pregnant. I so sad I hate myself and feel like a complete failure.

Time too look at plan B & C

Hope everyone is having a better day than me. Sook over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Frances! You poor thing, after yesterday's scare and now this news! You really deserve your break, I hope they don't cancel on you. Fingers crossed the other follicles come through as well.

Heartstringz- sorry to hear that your trigger didn't go as planned. From memory, I had the tiniest bit left over as well and the window was on 0 so I'm sure it's ok.

Nicole- sorry to hear what you've been through! On one note, it's good that they have worked out what might be stopping you from getting pregnant and they can work on fixing it but it's frustrating that it's taken this long to get to this. Hope this is the turning point for you.

Berra- I had twinges for the first two days after ET and then absolute nothing for the next two days but sore boobs (from the Crinone). I had a bit of a cry last night, imaging getting a bfn phone call from the clinic, I'm not usually an emotional person. Today I'm 5dp5dt and this morning I've had really mild cramps and have had loose stools all week. I've been sleepy as well but probably because I've been waking at weird times through the night- might be all the water I'm drinking or because my mind isn't switched off!
    I really hope I get the same result as you but am mentally preparing myself that this hasn't worked! I think I'm going to POAS the morning of my BT as I'd rather know with my DH there, rather than finding out at work. On the plus side, one boss at work did a couple of rounds of Ivf a few years ago so at least I have someone at work who will understand!
    Last edited by Annerley; 10-10-2013 at 08:05.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - YAY!! Congratulations on being PUPO! And how exciting that you got to freeze one! Good luck with these next two weeks.

Jb - You poor thing … Hopefully your results come back sooner rather than later. It’s really amazing when you have a good person by your side isn’t it!

Heartsgringz - Have you called the clinic and explained what happened with the trigger? It may not have effected anything. I have everything crossed for you.

Berra - You poor thing. It’s so hard not to overthink things sometimes isn’t it. The 2ww is just the pits… But, how amazing that you have a BFP!!! I would have stared at the stick too. I hope Saturday comes around really quickly for you and confirms your wonderful news!! Your symptoms sound very promising

Annerley - Thank you so much for the tip. What a great idea to take your own pictures! Did they come out clearly? I’m so happy I have you ladies to give me so many tips I really hope these next few days pass quickly for you. It would be so exciting for you to get a BFP! Try not to let your mind take over …

Frances - I’m so sorry that you might have to cancel this cycle. When will you find out for sure? You are not a failure in any way, shape or form. Things get thrown at us sometimes that can’t be avoided, but it’s never your fault. I’m sending you a big hug.

Nicole - I’m so sorry that you’ve been put through all of this. I have endo and it’s really so horrible. I can’t believe no one picked up on it though. My FS new within the first five minutes of just talking to me. I had a successful laparoscopy that got rid of a lot of the bad stuff so hopefully they will do that for you. I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now but know that we are all here for you. I’m sending you a big hug too.

AFM - I had my scan this morning and it seems that I am a massive overachiever …. I have 10 follicles on each side all ranging from 14mm and 19mm. FS is a bit worried about OHSS so I’ve been taken off the Gonal F for the time being and just need to keep up the Lucrin to ensure I don’t ovulate. EPU has been brought forward to Monday! I am so excited it’s ridiculous. I called DH and he was a bit worried because he doesn’t want me getting sick, but I don’t care about that. I just hope that it all works out nicely and my body holds out until Monday. I’ll know more when I get my BT result this afternoon. No wonder I’m so bloated and uncomfortable!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (10-10-2013),francesthecat  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb. Sorry your biopsy was so awful but I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your evening.

Annerley. The thought of going to a medical centre for bloods did cross my mind, but after all the money we have paid I decided I would call the FS rooms back and ended up talking them into letting me come in on Monday instead of Thursday. My excuse was that I run out of pessaries on tues so it will save me a trip lol. They also seemed to think it was quite early for my POAS to be positive so I'm taking that as a good sign . Also for pregnancy symptoms ....1. A bit of super smell. ( I couldn't stand the smell of my cuppa tea, or the lagoon I walk past everyday that doesn't normally smell as foul as it did yesterday.)
    ...2. Vivid dreams
    ...3. heartburn. ( last night I was so bad with heartburn/reflux I almost vomited, it just sat in my throat no matter how many times I tried to swallow or drink water. I was up till 2:30 am then woke again at 3:30 and had
    ...4. bad cramps. I ended up having some panadol it was getting annoying. So I've had no sleep!

Mini. Congrats on being PUPO! I hope u don't get as crazy as me in the TWW.

Riss. I agree that the ET is the best part. It feels so special!

Chiefs. I'm glad a colleague gave you some thoughtful comments. It's the smallest bit of understanding and acknowledgment that we seek sometimes.

Berra. Omg I have been there so many times being devastated by POAS being negative and just losing it. I am soooo happy that you got a BFP! Super yay! I hope emby stays snug for you.

Hi Nicole. That really sucks. I changed FS because we didnt trust the last one was doing enough. And the new one did so many more tests and different drugs etc. I hope that now they can have a better chance of getting a BFP that sticks for u.

Hearts. I wouldn't freak out. I think I always have some left over. Good luck for tomorrow!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope4Baby For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (10-10-2013)