Closed Thread
Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sandra yes I heard from our nurse, going in on Friday to pick up new meds. AF will be due any day from Friday so hopefully injections start next week!

Booboo I am nervous for this cycle too... I am in a good head space right now with all thats gone on so a bit anxious about getting back on the emotional rollercoaster ride.. Power of positive thinking though... it WILL work for us this time... it WILL!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im feeling a bit better too, have been eating a lot healthier and its paying off. It will work for us, lets get ourselves a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm loving the positivity ladies!! This is going to be a good cycle for all of us!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra13 View Post
    I'm loving the positivity ladies!! This is going to be a good cycle for all of us!!!

Agree!!!!! We all need to have positive thoughts and send them out into the universe!!! Bring on September & October the months of the BFP!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is doing well. Hello to the new people who have joined us. I've been MIA for awhile.. Have just been throwing myself into exercise, focusing on healthy eating and doing things to help pass the time while I wait for AF, which I'm expecting is about 2-3 weeks away but who knows really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been posting but I've been reading everything

I've got my first appointment on Friday. Can anyone suggest a list of questions I need to ask and maybe tests to request and also what I should expect!!! I'm getting really nervous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparklemonkey View Post
    I haven't been posting but I've been reading everything

I've got my first appointment on Friday. Can anyone suggest a list of questions I need to ask and maybe tests to request and also what I should expect!!! I'm getting really nervous
    Hi Sparklemonkey, what tests have you guys done already? Sorry if I've forgotten from a previous post! Are you definitely preceding with IVF? Or is there a chance they might suggest IUI first? If you are keen to only do IVF make sure you let them know that's your decision

Questions to ask would be:
    - Will you do an antagonist (short) or down regulation (long) cycle? And why did they decide on either cycle?
    - What form of FSH will you take, what dose and why?
    - Do they do 3 or 5 day transfers? If they only do 3 day will they grow them to blastocyst on your request? If they only do 5 day transfer would they do a 3 day transfer at your request?
    - Do they only do single transfers? will they do a double at your request? (if you want that)
    - Ask if they will do a BT after your transfer (4 days after a 3day transfer, 2 days after 5 day) to check that your hormone levels are right to support a pregnancy that way they can adjust your support eg: if you need more/less progesterone

Hope that helps... will post more if I think of any!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jb

Dh had his test last Friday so will get the results for that this Friday but we were both tested previously for all the normal hormones etc about 2 years and all came back normal same with my ultrasound

I'm assuming they'll just do all tests again cos its been awhile

Thanks for the list though

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoping to join Sept/Oct thread.

Hi ladies,
    I am relatively new to ivf. My husband & I spent 3 years ttc naturally (with acupuncture, Chinese herbs, ovulation tracking), none of which worked. We had been to see a fs back in 2010 who told us we didn't have any issues so just try.... and here we are 3 years later. Childless.
    In Oct last year we changed fs, I had a laparoscopy and found a small amount of endometriosis which was removed. Other than that we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
    We decided not to try IUI as the success rate is relatively low and I want the best possible x chance of achieving a pregnancy.
    We had our first stim cycle this month (I actually had opu yesterday) on an antagonist cycle, 150 Gonal F, Orgalutran 250 and a trigger of Luprin. Unfortunately I was showing signs of OHSS prior to opu so we are on a freeze all cycle, hence the luprin trigger. We had 19 eggs from 25 follicles collected yesterday.
    Hopefully we can do a FET Sept/Oct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, how reassuring but also sad to know there are so many of us going through this at the moment!

I'm hoping to start my first ICSI cycle in September. Waiting on my police check and then waiting for counseling and then waiting for AF. It's all a waiting game isn't it?

Babydust to all!!