Closed Thread
Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chiefsgirl, thanks!! That makes me feel better. I'll ask the lab technician tomorrow then. Yeah at least I have one and that's all I need. One good one haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Okay... so... the biopsy was the most horrible & painful thing I have ever experienced!! I like to think I have a pretty high pain threshold and don't complain about much but honestly it was awful, I can't even describe the feeling, same sort of procedure as a pap smear but 1000 times worse... I felt so yuk afterwards I couldn't concentrate when I was paying then I got in the lift and got so light headed I had to get out on whatever floor opened next, sat down, got hot sweats, lost my hearing and couldn't feel my legs... I would have fainted if I hadn't of sat down. I have had that feeling many times before and fainted twice because of severe period pain and it was exactly the same so my uterus must be very sensitive. I then rang DH and told him what happened - without question he rushed out of his meeting and came and picked me up, took me home, set up the TV for me and made me lunch... I then spent the rest of the day on the couch with my dog watching "The Lake house" and napping. So not the most fun day I have ever had. Thankfully after about 5 hours on the couch I was feeling better and up to going out for dinner, we had the most beautiful outlook and watched the sunset... perfect way to end the day and will forget about the middle of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy anniversary JB, I'm sorry the biopsy was so painful, but what a wonderful DH you have to come to your rescue. Glad you felt we'll enough to go out.

thanks Sandra, I'm dusting myself off and preparing for FS visit next week. Had a lovely comment today from one of the management team at work, he and his wife had unexplained fertility 10yrs ago and underwent ivf, they now have twins. When he asked me how this cycle had gone and I told him it didn't work he said that he thought I was so strong to be going through this, he knew how hard it was and I was doing so well, it was so nice to get encouragement from someone who has been there and understands, made my day, especially since I'm not actually that close to him normally.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB- happy wedding anniversary! Thanks for sharing the pic with us, it's lovely! I'm so sorry to hear the biopsy was painful, it doesn't sound very nice but glad to hear you could still enjoy your dinner, sounded very romantic! What a nice DH looking after you as well!

Hope4baby- wow! Look at those lines! It doesn't look like you need the BT but I know what you mean, it makes it definite! What a pain that it is further away! Have you thought about going to a medical centre and asking for a BT but then again I guess you would still be waiting for the one from the clinic anyway.

Sandra- nice to hear from you! How have you been and where are you up to now?
    yes I got to see the embryo magnified onto a screen, it was the best thing ever! So amazing! The scientist then pointed it out to us whilst it was sitting in the dish inside the incubator. It was a tiny white speck- such a special moment!

Minib- how frustrating that you weren't able to know your fertilisation numbers but it sounds like great news that they are still going ahead with ET so that's the main thing! Good luck with it, that part was my favourite of the whole cycle so far!

Chiefsgirl- thanks for popping in! I'm happy to hear that you have been treating yourself! You deserve it! Glad you are already making plans for future cycles as well, I think it would help in a way!

Riss- well done with the that 9 fertilised, you must be so happy! I'm not sure if you said but when is your ET? How many day transfer will you be doing?

Heartstringz- the jabs made me hungry too but then again, I've still been hungry this past week since I've stopped jabbing so maybe it wasn't them afterall! I'm sure it's different for everyone!

KLM- I hope the nausea was morning sickness, how exciting if it is! Good luck for Friday, I bet you can't wait!

Frances- good luck for Thursday! I have heard that a positive mindset helps a lot, I have been trying to be as optimistic as possible without being too much so. All the best for this cycle

Sethysmum- thanks for your lovely words of encouragement, so thoughtful of you to stop by. I hope all of us will be in your position soon and we can also offer hope to others in the future!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (09-10-2013),Sandra13  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib- good to hear your ET is tomorrow. Like the other girls said, with transfer tomorrow you know you have a good embaby going in. Just ask them tomorrow what grade they are and all your other questions.

Annerley- Thanks at my clinic they only grow and transfer day 5 blastocyst unless you don't have many eggs collected, then it's day 3. Last time I had a day 3 transfer because of only 4 eggs collected. My old clinic only did day2/ 3 until you had many unsuccessful cycles.

Sandra- thank you for your kind words! It's a long wait till Saturday.

JB- sorry to hear you had a painful experience with the biopsy. Your hubby sound lovely though and I am glad you ended up having a nice evening together. Did Lynn do the procedure?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb2011 - That is so horrible. I’m so sorry that you had to experience that. Why didn’t the clinic hold onto you a bit longer to make sure you were okay? You are such a strong woman! I’m happy to hear that DH took such good care of you and that your day ended beautifully. When do you get the results?

Chiefsgirl - It’s the odd little comments from people that you wouldn’t expect them to come from that make your day isn’t it?! I’m so happy that he was encouraging. Good luck with your visit to the FS next week.

Annerley - I’m up to CD11 and FSH jabbing day 6. I went for my blood test this morning to see if my levels are rising like they need to. I will get the results this afternoon and that will determine whether I go for my next blood test and scan on Friday or Monday. From there they will confirm EPU date. I’m so happy and nervous about this next step! You just made me smile. I think it’s so wonderful that you go to see what your little emby looked like. No one who gets pregnant naturally can say that they’ve seen that. In that way we are a bit more fortunate I hope I get to see mine prior to transfer. Have you got many things to keep you entertained during these next few weeks?

Good morning to everyone else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I'm officially PUPO with one little bambino on board as of this morning. My BT is on 23 oct.

I had 6 eggs collected. Of which 4 were mature but unfortunately only 2 fertilised. One is frozen now. Both 4 cells (2 day embryo) and grade 2. I know it's not the best grade but it will be fine. I'm staying positive. How many grades are there anyway?

Bring on 2ww. It's going to be a long wait.

The ET was fine. Def my fav part of the whole IVF. I saw the little embryo and I just wanted to keep looking. When it's done I sat there didn't want to move. I actually wanted to lift my legs up to be against gravity but the FS just looked at me and was prob wondering why I didn't get up and leave haha.

Annerley, I'm starting on crinone tonight. Yikes!

JB, I'm so sorry the biopsy was such a horrible experience. You are a strong woman to go through it. I'm glad you ended the day on a high note.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss, is your ET on Friday then? Good luck hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome news Minib- the ET is definitely the best part of the whole process and I wish they would let us just lie there with our legs in the air for a bit hehe great you have one to freeze!
    My transfer is Saturday. I started my crinone and progesterone pessaries yesterday. Relax and try and enjoy the lovely TWW.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Mini for being PUPO congrats