Closed Thread
Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks a lot JB! It definitely helped with my concerns

Still not sure if I'll be able to do the injections myself but I think that's just a psychological thing & hopefully I'll be able to work through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join in here?

Unless by some miracle we get a bfp this cycle I'm assuming we will be starting ivf in October. We have our first appointment with fs on 23rd August and af is due on 27th, so i would say September will be taken by BT etc.

I had a mc in oct 09, with a d&c, then an ectopic in aug 10 with right tube removed. We have had no luck since, but we took last year off officially trying sk we could go overseas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heatstringz, I'm a little nervous about the whole thing too but I have been assured by the ladies in here that it's not as bad as I'm making out in my head. I'm not scared or needles, but the thought of having to give them to myself daily is a bit daunting. We just have to remember that we're doing it for a really good reason!

Welcome Sparklemonkey! I will keep my that you do get a BFP this cycle!! It's always good to have a back up plan just in case. I was so lost when I wasn't sure what was going on, but once I got all of my dates it made me more determined.

I have a quick question and I'm hoping someone can answer it for me. I've been back on the pill for two weeks now and my period has been constant. I had it for two days when I started the pill and then it went away for two days but then I got it back and it hasn't stopped. I have crazy period pain and I'm just wondering if this happened to any of you when you went back on the pill or if there is something not right. I'm worried that when it comes time to take only the active pills next month, I'll get a period anyway and it will disrupt the whole process. I hope I'm worrying about nothing ....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome sparklemonkey for a natural BFP this month but if not it's great you know what's going to happen next! Sorry to hear of your 'journey' to get here but hopefully IVF will be the answer if not for a natural. Will this be your 1st apt with the FS? have you had any tests done previously?

How was your overseas trip? great you took the opportunity to do that!

How's everyone else going?? Only 2.5 weeks until September... then hopefully there will be lots of action on this thread!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heatrstringz, I am completely needle phobic and I just get hubby to do it for me while I close my eyes! It's worked fine for 2 stim cycles. As for the ultrasounds they are totally fine, just a bit uncomfortable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra13 View Post
    Heatstringz, I'm a little nervous about the whole thing too but I have been assured by the ladies in here that it's not as bad as I'm making out in my head. I'm not scared or needles, but the thought of having to give them to myself daily is a bit daunting. We just have to remember that we're doing it for a really good reason!

Welcome Sparklemonkey! I will keep my that you do get a BFP this cycle!! It's always good to have a back up plan just in case. I was so lost when I wasn't sure what was going on, but once I got all of my dates it made me more determined.

I have a quick question and I'm hoping someone can answer it for me. I've been back on the pill for two weeks now and my period has been constant. I had it for two days when I started the pill and then it went away for two days but then I got it back and it hasn't stopped. I have crazy period pain and I'm just wondering if this happened to any of you when you went back on the pill or if there is something not right. I'm worried that when it comes time to take only the active pills next month, I'll get a period anyway and it will disrupt the whole process. I hope I'm worrying about nothing ....
    Hi Sandra, they put me on the pill for my cycles. I start on CD1 of AF and by CD4 it's gone and hasn't come back. That's been the same each time I've cycled. Maybe you could call your FS/Nurse/GP i don't think that sounds normal. it's all ok. But better to be safe than sorry.

I was really worried about the needles ladies, but I was able to do them myself on all three cycles. i was actually quite proud of myself! I only take lucrin which you pull down into an empty syringe. I've been told it's like insulin. And Gonal F which is in a preloaded pen, so all i have to do is twist on a needle and then twist till the meter says I've reached my dose.

Def pinching a big bit of belly helps, sometimes i get a bit itchy afterwards but it goes away, sometimes it stings a little but not much. sometimes I get a drop of blood, but not all the time. and if you get a blob of clear liquid come out when you remove the needle don't stress that's it's the medicine (like I did and felt like an idiot when i called the nurses!) - it's just some of the water that makes up our body!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took your advice Chiefsgirl and called the clinic. I spoke to the nurse that has been with me during this whole adventure. She said that it doesn't sound like there's anything to worry about, this happens to some people. She said she would speak to the FS and get back to me if he was worried. I haven't heard back yet so hopefully that's a good thing.

Nothing is ever straightforward is it??!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sandra glad to hear that it's all ok and nothing to be concerned about. And NO nothing is ever straight forward or predictable when it comes to IVF!!

hposs how is the synarel going? when is your BT to see if it's doing its job?

Chiefsgirl I have had 2 epsom salt baths this week - very relaxing! How often do you apply the magnesium spray? and where - all over? Not long til you start injections...!

STC not long til you start jabbing... how are you feeling?

Sparklemonkey
    and Heartstingz not long til your FS apt to, how are you feeling? prepared? any questions you have make sure you write them down as it's so easy to forget in there!

AFM: Started provera last night to induce AF as I didn't ovulate after my chem so no natural miracle bub for us oh well at least I can get started with this cycle now! Just waiting on a call back from my nurse to see when I will start injections - AF 7-10 days away so hopefully jabbing in less than 2 weeks!!

How is everyone else going?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB did you hear from the nurse?

Sandra, I started the pill a couple of weeks ago and have had spotting ever since which I don't normally have. It's a bit strange but it hasn't worried me enough to ask about it. Maybe I should!

AFM, started synarel this morning. About to have squirt number 2. I actually don't mind it in a weird way. Blood test on the 28th then potentially start jabbing on the 29th. Think I'll give acupuncture another go this cycle after transfer. I had it after my second transfer which resulted in a bfn but I do find it relaxing. I'm not doing any more Chinese herbs though as i did it for 2 stim cycles and it made no difference but cost an absolute fortune. It annoys me just thinking about it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Yay for the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all and welcome to the newbies when AF starts in a few weeks Ill be making the call to get the ball rolling for IVF 2, nervous/anxious but ready to get started again. I was terrified of the jabs at first too chiefsgirl now Im not worried by them, they can sting a little but I was lucky and didnt get alot of bruising. What scares me is day of Egg Retrieval and what follows, I was in a bit of pain last time, hopefully itll be easier this time around. So hposs with the synarel you start that before stimming, what other med r u on? Ill be on the synarel this next time around, wondered how it worked. I dont worry about chinese herbs either, love acupuncture though, I had it yesterday and feel so much better awardwards, I have already used up my private health cover for this yr , so $80 a go but well worth it. Hope you all had a nice weekend and gl to u all, hope we see some BFPs very soon