Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post

Roll Call

All in limbo land ATM!

Stim Cycles
    - Sandra13 - 1st stim cycle in Oct - Injections start 22/9 - Estimated EPU 16/10
    - Minib - 1st stim cycle in September - Down Reg - on the OCP ATM
    - Booboo78 - 2nd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - JB2011 - 3rd stim cycle in Sep - CD21 BT on 15/8 to see where things are at
    - stc76 - 3rd stim cycle in September - Injections start 26/8
    - Chiefsgirl - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - hposs - 3rd stim cycle in Sep - Dewn Reg on the OCP ATM - synarel starts 16/8
    - Spring Rain - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - MGC Bertie - Stim cycle in October
    - Heartstringz - IVF-PGD cycle Sept/Oct - Estimated EPU Oct 11th

FET cycle
    MrsCarlton - FET in September
    Becca85 - FET in September
    Loolu - FET in October

Unsure
    GabberQueenN83 - ?
    Good morning,

What a lousy day (in melb anyway) I am still in my PJs and just bludging - perfect day for it

I have updated the roll call on the 1st page - for those new ladies this is a way we can all keep up to date with where everyone is at as it's hard to keep track. I will update it whenever you have news.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also to the newbies on the 1st page I've started a list of hints, tips & advice on IVF. Hopefully it helps some of us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome to the newbies its great to have a group like this, how is everyone going? Im still anxiously waiting to start again, I have been on the DHEA nearly a mth now and no real obvious side affects so that's good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, well AF arrived right on time on the weekend so I am now pill popping till Aug 27 when i start my lucrin injections So happy to finally be doing something!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m a total newbie... starting IVF in Adelaide in Sept/ Oct for my second baby. I did two ICSI cycles for my beautiful son who is now 19 months old and Im hoping to give him a brother or sister.

He was a total, total miracle as I only have one working ovary and only produce 2 eggs on maximum stimulation dose and hubby only has 3 or 4 sperm on a good day... so its really all against us.

Even though it’s my second time doing IVF it is still daunting, I had a really rough time emotionally and physically last time it has scarred me a lot... ended up in the emergency room at 6am after being over stimulated… excruciating.

But I’m being hopeful and positive... thanks for reading and its really reassuring reading everyone’s posts and having some support... as we are keeping this round of IVFs very private because we were over-invaded by family/ friends last time.

Thanks again for listening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Nise35

The one thing i've learnt is that IVF is never an easy decision or journey to make.

It's funny, we've told a few people (mainly family) but whenever I have news I always come here first, I know the ladies on here completely understand all the emotions I am going through and the support is so wonderful.

Good luck with your cycle, we'll be here if you need to vent/cry/shout with happiness

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Nise35  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question ladies, I was reading last night the benefits of Maca Powder for both egg quality and quantity and sperm mobilty too... anyone else tried this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Nise! I will add you to the roll call on page 1 so we can all keep track of what everyone is up to! Even though the odds are against you you got a beautiful boy so it all works nicely for you again and that your road to giving him a sibling isn't too long.

My DH and I have been taking maca for quite a few months now (although I stopped during each cycle) I have read the benefits of it and my natropath recommended it... whether it does anything or not is a different question! But can't hurt night? I just like know i'm doing / have done as much as I can to help the process. We also take Royal Jelly which is meant to be great for fertility along with coQ10, vitamin E (just me as FS said it's good for uterine lining), krill oil, magnesium, vit C, spirulina, and foltate.. quite the cocktail of supplements!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going today?

Update for me - we are booked in to see the FS on 26th August for the next step. Not 100% sure what happens at that appointment (this is all new to me) but the receptionist said it will get us all set up for the EPU etc, so I am assuming we will be setting a date to start the cycle etc.

Now that I know the needles & the transvaginal ultrasounds are getting closer I'm starting to freak out a little. Those are the two things that scare me most about this whole process - needles because I have a tendancy to faint when faced with one (although I've coped well with the blood tests so far), and the ultrasounds because I generally struggle with pap smears.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz that's great you have a FS date, nice to have dates/times isn't it. Sitting in limbo land isn't fun!

Fortunately I'm not worried about needles but just to reassure you the injections don't hurt! But if you find they do/are concerned you can get numbing cream from a pharmacy or ice the area then pinch up some fat (lovely!) and jab.

The ultra sounds aren't as uncomfortable as Pap smears - they were far more bearable! Although the embryo transfer does have a similar discomfort to a pap but its exciting so adrenaline kicks in and you don't worry as you want your embryo put back inside you.

Not sure if that helped or hindered your concern. Sorry!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (13-08-2013)