Closed Thread
Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been offline for quite a few days and now it looks like I'm very behind on how you are all going.

Frances- hang in there, I hope you are ok and ill be thinking of you

Heartstringz- I totally understand your Fears. Last time, I told the doctor about my sensitivity and they were very gentle, but it is still scary and I'm not looking forward to things. I do try to remind myself it's relatively quick and it will be worth it... And I make sure my DH comes with me so I can be a blubbering mess on him.

My update: I've hit day 13 of meds and still stimming... BT and ultrasound tomorrow and I am SO keen to be told to tigger. This cycle has been so different from my last one I can't believe it and I just want it over. I was very excited to be trying saizen for egg quality, but I was totally unprepared for the side effects- swollen legs, arms and face. With the menopur nausea I'm just wanting it over! Not looking forward to starting prednisolone as i get pretty much every side effect on the pamphlet when i take that one. Sorry for the whine! Just got to keep my eye on the prize!!

Babies babies babies!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh berrabrooder you poor thing! I hope it's over for you soon. I was in a saizen trial this cycle and stimmed for 14 days, I didn't get any other side effects than normal except I peed a lot, now I'm wondering if I got a placebo? Hope you feel better soon. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heartstringz.... Oh, you poor thing - just reading and feeling your pain made me wriggle and writhe on the couch. I've never had any pain with my GP doing pap smears, but perhaps she's really gentle. I've had 3 ETs - the first and the third were no problem, just like a pap smear for me. The second however was a complete different story - I was immediately in excruciating pain and I told the FS so. I expected him to take it out and put it in again, but no, he just kept going with the ET. I was in so much pain, I basically feinted, and was really glad my DH was there as I thought I would fall off the bed. I know that the speculum was put in wrong, or rather it was pinching something, as pap smears and the other two ETs were nothing. I'm thinking that you've been unlucky with your GP and have had the speculum put in awkwardly, as it shouldn't be that way. By the way, the internal ultrasounds are nothing like the speculum - more like a big tampon moving about inside you, or even like something else of the same shape!! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting very nervous for my EPU tomorrow. Not to worried about the pain but petrified about the Valium side effects. Apparently they make you feel like your drunk. I don't drink for that reason I don't like that feeling. Had a cry earlier. DP gave me a hug, but that was it. Makes me feel like I'm doing this alone. Maybe I just expect to much of him.

TMI..... Has anyone had a loose bowel movement the day after taking Ovidrel? Or has ovulated the next day and not made it to EPU?

Thanks for the ear girls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Leste, good luck tomorrow.

Heartstringz, you poor thing. I haven't had EPU yet so I wouldn't know if its painful. But I would suggest give it a go as you might just had a bad experience with papsmear. I never feel any pain with papsmear. Hopefully your FS is gentle.

Berrabrooder, hope you feel better soon.

Sharlee, sounds great that your new FS is willing to try new things.

Welcome bubiboo and riss78. Riss78, sorry you have been through so much.

Chiefsgirl, thanks for the suggestion. I might inject in the car as well then. I would prefer 8 pm too. I can hardly keep my eyes open after 9.30 most nights haha.

Annerley, have you had a scan yet? I've been told to do 5 injections which will take me to cd7. On cd8 I need to go for a scan and find out the next step

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Chiefsgirl- I'm sure you got the real thing, I'm always very drug sensitive (wish it was the case for stim drugs and follies but no luck!) and nearly always get side effects. I swelled up cause i had the opposite reaction to you- i stopped peeing (sorry tmi!) and the fluid had to go somewhere! How did you feel the saizen went for you?

Leste, my first IVF I couldn't sleep the night before EPU cause I was so scared I would ovulate before I got there. It was perfectly ok in the end, but I will say that google was not my friend (I keep forgetting this and end up looking up all my fears which makes them seem more likely to occur than in reality!). I read a few stories where it happened and I was so worried, but apparently it is really unusual. About the Valium, I also hate the feeling of being drunk, but I found Valium pretty good in the end. After EPU I felt pretty clear headed- just sleepy. I think it's main use in IVF is as a muscle relaxant rather than a sedative. Hope you have an ok night, and can relax a bit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartstringz, I've had 4 transfers and have never had any real discomfort, and I have cervical stenosis which means my cervix is quite closed and difficult to get the speculum in. A few days before the first transfer my FS did a trial run for me which was painless and made me feel completely at ease. I agree with others that it hurts less than a Pap smear. You're also completely distracted at how absolutely amazing it is to watch your little embryo going in on the ultrasound screen anyway. I hope you can relax and go through with it. It's so worth it.

Chiefsgirl, a UTI! That sucks! You poor thing! You're right though, at least it's something to take your mind off the 2ww!

Hello everyone else, sorry I can't do personals tonight. Hope you're all coping ok.

I have my blood test tomorrow. I've done about 7 POAS and all have been getting progressively darker, yesterday's darker than the control line. A digital clear blue said 2-3 weeks since conception. A long way to go before I will be able to relax but it's a good start!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Riss, thanks for sharing your story! Wishing you luck for this cycle!

Chiefsgirl and Leste thank you both so much for reassuring me about the cetrotide and also the trigger. After I posted my question about them yesterday, I went about googling and found some pictures of some very scary looking needle so needless to say that I was very relieved by what you had to say! So it sounds like not everyone has cetrotide.

Sandra- I'm still feeling ok! I'm getting some twinges and feeling like I'm getting the start of bloating but overall feel pretty good. I can't say I've been overly uncomfortable or had any cramps or extreme fullness yet! How are you feeling? Anymore tightness in your chest, etc?

Minib- my first follicle scan is on Friday morning. I have just done injection number 6 so two more to go before my scan, I can't believe how quickly the time is going but I'm so excited to see how the follies have grown! Keep me updated how you go. Any idea on when your scan will be?

Heartstringz- I hope you feel better about it all soon! I can't speak from experience but have also heard that ET is less uncomfortable than a papsmear. I can tell you that the scans are really nothing to be worried about! Just remember it will be over really quickly!

Berrabrooder- hope you feel better soon! The side effects haven't been kind to you

What a big day for this little group tomorrow. Firstly Hposs, wishing you the very best of luck for your news tomorrow! I really hope you are the first of a long line of bfps!! Leste and Rainbowrain, good luck at EPU tomorrow and fingers crossed for some lovely eggs for you both!
    Chiefsgirl and Bettie, keep hanging in there, the count down is on for your 2ww to be finally over! Any news from you Makingno2, are you still around?
    Last edited by Annerley; 24-09-2013 at 22:49.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with everything Frances and Sharlee. You two ladies have been through your fair share of ups and downs but seem so incredibly strong! Really inspirational to the rest of us! Glad you both keep on going! Can't wait for a happy ending for you both!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds really positive hposs- congratulations!

On the way to EPU now, hope they get lots of eggs and there are no issues with DH's sperm!