Closed Thread
Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    welcome bubiboo! I'm also on my first cycle, good luck!

Can I ask a quick question - does synarel make anyone else want to sneeze? It's seriously bad for me - I have to hold my nose for at least ten minutes after doing it just so I don't sneeze. It's kind of a pita in the morning when I'm trying to get ready for work & I'm walking around holding my nose. Any tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Bubiboo!

Minib- it must have been so frustrating for you waiting for af!! I started stimming last week, tonight will be injection number 6. At least we are still at similar stages.

Heartstringz- yes I've felt like sneezing probably about half the times I've taken it. I hold my nose as well until the urge goes away or sometimes I can't help it and did sneeze if its been 15mins or so after but hold my nose so it doesn't come back out! It's hard not to know how long is long enough before you can sneeze and blow your nose but my hormone levels were baseline last week so I must be doing something right. Will just be nice to be able to blow my nose when I want, once Synarel is done!

I have only just heard about cetrotide from you ladies the other day. I thought that now I'm up to stimming my only other injection would be the trigger shot as no one had mentioned cetrotide to me. I'm finding gonal f to be relatively hassle free so how do cetrotide and the trigger shot compare? Do they sting more? Also where on your body do you inject the trigger shot?
    Thanks in advance- so many questions!
    Last edited by Annerley; 24-09-2013 at 08:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Can I ask a question please? I'm thinking of doing the puregon jab at 10 pm every night. I have a dinner on friday so I don't want to do it at the restaurant. The FN told me to do it at night so that I'm not losing one day in case the doctor needs to change the script. It doesn't matter what time at night right? As long as I stick with it?
    Hi Minib, I don't think it matters too much when you do it as long as you do it at the same time. I did mine at 8.00pm as I always seem to trigger at 8.30 and a couple of times they've had me inject a few hours before my trigger so that way the last stim would only have been a few hours earlier than normal.

I have injected in the car, it's not that bad, are you driving to the restaurant so you could pop out and do it? I've had to do crinone in the restaurant toilets and will be doing so at cirque du soleil on Thursday and Saturday nights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    I have only just heard about cetrotide from you ladies the other day. I thought that now I'm up to stimming my only other injection would be the trigger shot as no one had mentioned cetrotide to me. I'm finding gonal f to be relatively hassle free so how do cetrotide and the trigger shot compare? Do they sting more? Also where on your body do you inject the trigger shot?
    Thanks in advance- so many questions!
    Hi Annerley, I've never used Cerotide, but my trigger shot has always been ovidrel and I just put it in my belly like my other injections. It doesn't hurt, and is exactly like the gonal F pen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stc... Pregnyl stays in your system for about 7 days, though some women have said that they've tested from d4.

Cheifsgirl.... I know that a women typically has about 1 million follicles/potential eggs, all formed before birth. Only several hundred (about 500) of these "eggs" will actually ever be released, one per month matures and is released. All the other "eggs" die or disintegrate and are absorbed by the body.

Heartstringz.... when I used Synarel I asked the FN about that and she said it didn't matter if you sneeze straight afterwards, as enough will have been absorbed by your body immediately.

Minib.... you are supposed to do your injections at the same time each day, but once when I asked a FN about that, she said that half an hour either side is fine. It stopped we worrying if I was 5 or 10 minutes late.
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 24-09-2013 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you the wonderful ladies of Bubhub for your kind wishes. I was so bloody mad yesterday, I'm not sure what I was going to do.

I went to the hospital BT gone HGG dropped 100 points still pregnant but going down now. FS asked them to keep me here overnight as a minimum, still can't yet rule out eptopic so could just be OHHS ??

I might still be able to catch the October IVF BFP train.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (24-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances - That’s great that you got confirmation that you’re still pregnant. I have my fingers crossed for you that everything works out perfectly.

Minib - Hopefully the covering doctor is really lovely and assuring.

MCGBertie - I’m so sorry that you ovulated earlier than expected and that your cycle has been cancelled. I’m happy to hear that you’re looking at it so positively though. Our bodies are just so unpredictable aren’t they …. Hopefully AF doesn’t take too long to come and hopefully your eggs start responding and you can still use your own. How would you feel about a donor?

Bettie - No matter how many times you head into the 2WW, each time you still look for the symptoms! I truly hope that the symptoms are actual pregnancy symptoms for you! Good luck with your will power to not POAS!

Hposs - I can totally relate to what you’re saying! At the beginning everything is doom and gloom, but the longer you go through this the stronger you feel. Wednesday is only tomorrow so you don’t have too long to wait. I have a feeling that everything has turned out perfectly for you!!!

Rainbowrain - Good luck with EPU on Wednesday!

Ricecracker - Ibuprofen is a big no no, unfortunately. My nurse was very adamant about that - Panadol only. She also said to drink 3 litres of water a day to help with dehydration and headaches. How did your BT and scan go?

Chiefsgirl - That is a really great idea listening to the meditation CD. I really hope it helps. It’s so hard when you have to prepare for worst case scenario isn’t it …. Hopefully it’s still a good cycle for you. As for your comment about the meds and eggs, it really does make you think doesn’t it.

Leste - How did you go with the trigger?

Annerley - I still haven’t felt the bloating feeling either and am very hopeful that it doesn’t happen - I think I’m kidding myself there though! I’m not sure about your question regarding cetrotide but I had to trigger during IUI and the injection went into my stomach. I’m guessing it will be the same for IVF.

Bubiboo - Welcome to the thread! Feel free to air any concerns you have on here. The ladies are amazing and full of good information and insight. Good luck with your cycle!!

Heartstringz - I’m not sure about the syranel because I’m not on it. My clinic doesn’t use it anymore because too many women were sneezing and reducing their doses without meaning to. I guess it’s a natural reaction!

AFM - Day 3 of jabbing and feeling a lot better today, although I have broken out in pimples around my chin which I'm not too happy about ....!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra13... thanks for thinking about me. Yes, my sister has offered her eggs for me. She only a couple of years younger than me (38) but is much more fit and healthy. She hasn't done any of the tests, so first on the list is getting her AMH tested, as my FS would like her AMH to be about 9-10, to get some good eggs. I'll still do this next with my own eggs, and at some point move to using hers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, mind if I join?
    Here is a bit about me- sorry if it's long.
    AF has arrived and this will be my 4th stim but overall 8th transfer. Didn't think I would be back to this again so soon. I fell pregnant in March on my 3rd stim and unfortunately lost my baby at 17 weeks when my waters broke. (No explanation so far but some results not back yet) Now three months on and after a lot of heartache I'm back on the roller coaster with everything crossed that this will be the one!
    This time I wanted to prepare my body better so I have been on Chinese herbs and acupuncture for three months as well as many supplements recommended and my awesome doc has put my on melatonin and vit e to help with egg quality and lining this time around. I am doing the antagonist cycle but she has added menopur which I have never used before. As I have elevated nk cells I am also taking steroids and blood thinners which seemed to do the trick last cycle.
    Just wanted to join this thread and get some much needed support as I feel this cycle will be a lot more emotional for me.
    Wishing everyone the best and that by the end of this we all get the baby we desire so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie - Well hopefully this next cyle is your lucky one and you won't need to worry about using your sister's eggs. I am going to keep everything crossed for you. I truly do wish you all the in the world. It really is incredibly thoughtful of your sister to offer her eggs though. Does she have children of her own?

Riss78 - Welcome to the thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what you went through or how painful it all was. Hopefully they're able to give you some answers soon. Big to you. It sounds like you've done all you can to get yourself prepared for this next cycle. How are you feeling about it?