Closed Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC I'm so sorry. That is just so frustrating. We spend so much of our energy building ourselves up for these cycles and then to have it cancelled mid way through is just so upsetting.

Frances that is so annoying. Shocking communication and not what anyone needs during an already difficult time.

Bettie, how many days post transfer are you?

Minib, at Monash I've never had my FS do my EPU or transfer, it's always been another doctor for 3 stims and 4 transfers and it's always been fine. They all seem really good. Don't let it stress you out.

Leste good luck for EPU.

Chiefsgirl, everything crossed for you. There are plenty of people on here who've had a BFP with only one to transfer and none to freeze. I know it's impossible to stay positive and/or sane but will be thinking of you.

I'm 9dp5dt today. Test yesterday was as dark as the control line so feeling excited although still paranoid something will be wrong given our rotten luck. The one positive from all of this is that I've become a lot more resilient. I think I could cope with pretty much anything, but that's not to say I won't be devastated if things don't work out. But it is consoling to know I can cope, whereas I used to feel like I would not be able to deal with any of this. Blood test Wednesday. Feels like forever away!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (23-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hposs View Post
    Bettie, how many days post transfer are you?
    I had a day 4 transfer on Friday, so does that make it 3 days or 4 days? I always get confused with how you work it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Triggering tonight for EPU wednesday! What should I expect from EPU, how did everyone else recover?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowrain View Post
    Triggering tonight for EPU wednesday! What should I expect from EPU, how did everyone else recover?
    Hi Rainbowrain,
    my first EPU took me until ET to feel fully recovered (4 days) I had 18 eggs. Second time around 25 eggs I felt fine that evening and went out for dinner, so go figure :P Second time around I did get iv fluids and I think my sedation was a bit lighter, I think that might have helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances- that is so frustrating... I had some issues with my FS, but I think I was overreacting now.

MGC - sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle.. But you are pretty inspiring with your attitude

Hposs - things sound good in your corner! I'm sure Wednesday seems like an eternity away.

Afm - I am also having some side effects from the FSH.. A bit bloated and really tired but the most striking is this everlasting headache. Pandadol doesn't seem to do much - I think I remember that ibuprofen is a no-no? Is that just something I made up? - can anyone else remember hearing that? Anyway, have a BT and scan in the morning, can ask the nurses then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ricecracker For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Frances that's terrible! I would have been ranting at that! Sending you lots of hugs.

Minib- at my clinic I see my FS first to get the plan for the next cycle, then it's just nurses at the clinic, a different one each time for bloods, injections, scans. You get whatever FS is on roster for epu an et, it's not for profit, so I think that's how they keep their costs down. I actually like it because I ask them lots of questions and essentially get 2nd and 3rd opinions for free!

MGCbertie - I'm sorry you o'd. We're you taking an antagonist to stop that happening? Glad you are taking it so well - and can start again so soon.

Thanks hposs, I'm trying to not think negative. I got a meditation cd when I gave up smoking years ago (I went to a hypnotherapist and gave up after one session!) at the end of it it's all about self affirmation and how you deserve good things, so I've been listening to it each night before I go to bed. I know it has happened for others, but everything seems to be going wrong on this cycle so it's not likely. DH and I have spoken about it, we've got a plan in place if its a bfn, so I'm at peace. I think it might actually help me not focus on it so much, I've only got a week and a half to go. Good luck for your bt on Wed, I'm hoping its your BFPxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricecracker View Post
    Frances- that is so frustrating... I had some issues with my FS, but I think I was overreacting now.

MGC - sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle.. But you are pretty inspiring with your attitude

Hposs - things sound good in your corner! I'm sure Wednesday seems like an eternity away.

Afm - I am also having some side effects from the FSH.. A bit bloated and really tired but the most striking is this everlasting headache. Pandadol doesn't seem to do much - I think I remember that ibuprofen is a no-no? Is that just something I made up? - can anyone else remember hearing that? Anyway, have a BT and scan in the morning, can ask the nurses then.
    Yep, you can't take ibuprofen, but you can take panadeine which is stronger than Panadol. Are you drinking lots of water? I know they always say it, but drinking 2l a day does help. Especially when you get to the tww and are on progesterone support which can block you up!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

ricecracker  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im also triggering tonight.... is this your first round? what clinic you with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Minib- so glad you got your af. I hope you find the injections ok. All the best with your new FS, I'm sure you are in good hands!

Leste- Wow! What a growth spurt. Good luck for Wednesday, ill be thinking of you. Let me know how you go! I'm with Genea, which used to be called Sydney IVF, they do 5 day transfers, what about you, when will your transfer be?

Sandra- glad you find the injections alright as well. I haven't had many symptoms from them, just a bit tender on each side of my tummy near my hips and I've had a head ache. I'm waiting to feel that heavy bloated feeling everyone talks about!

Hposs- good luck for Wednesday, so excited for you! So glad that the test line was so dark, looks like an excellent sign!

Bettie- oh no about the shingles!!
    Id be symptom spotting too during my 2ww so don't blame you, 9days to go and counting, hopefully time flies for you!

Chiefsgirl- so glad you are taking time out to relax. Just remember you have lovely quality embryo on board who will be doing what they can to stay sticky! Fingers firmly crossed for you. Thanks for the info about the follicle sizes too.

MGC- I'm so sorry to hear about your news but really admire your attitude and positivity. Good for you!!

Frances- what a terribly confusing and frustrating time for you! Truly unbelievable, you ladies have definitely taught me that nothing is unexpected through all of this!

Rainbowrain- good luck for Wednesday, will be waiting to hear how you go! Fingers crossed for a great result!!

Ricecracker- great to hear from you! I'm hearing you about those FSH headaches though!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (23-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chiefsgirl.... yes, I was jabbing with Orgalutran in order to stop early ovulation, that's why I quizzed my FS this afternoon about how it occurred. All he could say is that it can occur when you're pushing a small amount of follicles hard with the meds. As I'm 41, I'm on 450 GonalF in order to get follicles to grow and I stimmed for 15 days which is a bit longer I think than they would have liked. He said he'll see me next week to plan the next cycle, but I have a slight feeling, ever since the last consult, and also by the sound of his voice today, that he's thinking it's not going to work with me with my own eggs. Oh well, we'll see what he says next week.