Closed Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This will be my 2nd stim cycle and the first time around I decided to try the injection in my backside once.... Big mistake! Ouch! That little soft part that runs below your belly button is the easiest I found.. I let my DH do it each time just to let him feel involved! Probably would prefer to do it myself really... But we will see this time, I start tomorrow morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all... will reply better to personals on the weekend, as it's already late, but just wanted to share another clinic stuff up - on Wed at my BT and scan the FN gives me more GonalF, Luveris, Orgalutran, Prengyl, bag of needles for Pregnyl and pessaries. Walked out with a totally full bag. Wed night, DH goes to get everything ready - the FN has forgotten to give me needles for the Luveris. Of course it's 9.45pm, so nothing will be open. I pull out the bag of needles for the Pregnyl (as we don't need that until ET) and decide that the syringe and jabbing in stomach needle will work, but need a needle to draw up the liquid and mix it. We look at various options, but nothing will work. In the end, we had to break open the yellow sharps container and re-use one of the drawing up needles from the night before - we thought, since it was only used to mix the liquid and wasn't actually jabbed into me that it would be OK!!!!!!! Sterilised it with a wipe and off we went. Like as if I needed added stress this cycle!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Muppa7677  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Hi all... will reply better to personals on the weekend, as it's already late, but just wanted to share another clinic stuff up - on Wed at my BT and scan the FN gives me more GonalF, Luveris, Orgalutran, Prengyl, bag of needles for Pregnyl and pessaries. Walked out with a totally full bag. Wed night, DH goes to get everything ready - the FN has forgotten to give me needles for the Luveris. Of course it's 9.45pm, so nothing will be open. I pull out the bag of needles for the Pregnyl (as we don't need that until ET) and decide that the syringe and jabbing in stomach needle will work, but need a needle to draw up the liquid and mix it. We look at various options, but nothing will work. In the end, we had to break open the yellow sharps container and re-use one of the drawing up needles from the night before - we thought, since it was only used to mix the liquid and wasn't actually jabbed into me that it would be OK!!!!!!! Sterilised it with a wipe and off we went. Like as if I needed added stress this cycle!!!
    OMG! I hope you gave them a mouthful today MGC!! That is terrible, you poor thing. I really hope the rest of this cycle goes smoothly for you xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice ladies, the nurse did it in my tummy so I think I'll stick with that since it didn't hurt anyway. When I heard about people doing it on the top of their leg, I did wonder how that would work with the muscle. I think it would be harder to pinch the skin there too.

Sounds like our EPU may end up being around the same time as well, Rice cracker. Do you have an estimated date of when yours will be?

Wow MGC! How frustrating!! I can't believe you weren't given everything you need but good thinking in just using one that you hadn't really used for jabbing yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just did my 2nd injection for this new stim antagonist cycle. I must say I am barely thinking about it this time. Maybe because unlike last time I am not on any other drugs - no synarel or Progynova or Provera - for now anyway. So its just the needle at night. Lets hope I get a few more eggs this time. (Its my second IVF.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just did my first HPT and got a very faint positive! I'm 6dp5dt. Surely the trigger would be out of my system by now right? It was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm cautiously excited.

Hope everyone is going well with their jabbing and waiting!

MCG that is ridiculous!! I would be so annoyed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    OMG you poor thing! I guess worst case scenario you could have gone to a local hospital? Our local chemist is open till 10pm everynight and there is a local after hours surgery I could go to that's open till midnight, so I'm lucky. It's one of my worst nightmares so I'm always counting needles! I had to get more for the study drug I was on this time and luckily my dh remembered when we were in for a blood test and scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hposs View Post
    I just did my first HPT and got a very faint positive! I'm 6dp5dt. Surely the trigger would be out of my system by now right? It was 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm cautiously excited.

Hope everyone is going well with their jabbing and waiting!

MCG that is ridiculous!! I would be so annoyed.
    That sounds very promising! When is your BT? Did you do any pregnly injections during the tww? If not, I reckon you can be optimistic!

KLM, I feel the same way, I kept thinking I had forgotten something, even though I sign off on my schedule sheet every night when I did the injections I kept thinking I was missing something, there wasn't that anxious feeling, just oh well, gotta jab!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Friday,

just a quick one, ill be stimming in October. Beta levels are on the way ddownside dodged an injection which would out things back 6 weeks.

Good luck everyone and lots of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    hposs, that sounds very promising! how exciting for you!when is your official BT, keeping everything crossed for you Yay Frances, that means we'll be jabbing together in October! Lets get our BFP's together too