Closed Thread
Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Cool, it's nice to speak with someone on their first round to. I had my DP do the first shot and I have done them since. Surprised myself that I could do it. Not a fan of needles, I have to lay down when I get BT's done. The only thing I have noticed is to sit down and pinch the skin and make sure the needle goes in straight. I let go of the skin once and the needle moved inside and stung.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leste83 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Sharlee and chiefsgirl, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to ask about having one since we should really have no dramas as no fertility issues other than DH having had a Vasectomy. That's what makes this so so frustrating! Well I just hope the change of clinic and FS is whats needed! Baby dust and luck to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    8 embryos are being tested today, so a bit of a drop off. Will know tomorrow afternoon when I go in for the transfer how many are genetically ok

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck Bettie!

Hi leste, I'm also on my first round of IVF. I'll be a couple of weeks after you I think - my EPU is scheduled for 11th Oct at this stage. Good to hear that you are doing ok with the injections - I'm also really scared of needles & was really worried about starting them.

AFM, started the synarel this morning. Thus far I've been fine with it, had a very slight headache today but that may have been from my neck anyway (chronic muscular issues with my neck). Touch wood & it stays that way & that I don't get any bad side effects. I had an after-taste but I found that a glass of apple juice got rid of it pretty quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow Bettie, will be thinking of you!
    For plenty of healthy embryos out of those 8!!

Chiefsgirl -
    not long for you now as well, all the best for your ET

Thanks for the tip, Leste, so do you recommend pinching the skin until you pull the needle back out or only pinching until the tip is completely in? I think sitting down will be easier if I do it myself so good idea. I never thought I'd do the injection myself either but Im already thinking about giving it ago. Will get hubby to do shot number 2 tomorrow and take it from there!

Good news is that I didn't get a call from the clinic and they say no news is good news so my hormones must be baseline level from all the sniffing!

Heartstringz -
    I started sniffing 9days ago and the headache at the beginning was my most major symptom. I had slight body aches and the occasional raspy throat and slightly sore nose. This week, my brain went a little bit hazy but apparently the stims I started today are supposed to act as a bit of a pick me up! I didn't really get any symptoms that I couldn't live with, hope you are the same. Looks like you, Leste and I will be one after the other :-)
    Last edited by Annerley; 19-09-2013 at 17:38.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep it pinched until you pull the needle out. I'm nervous to think that Im up first for EPU, ET and then Hcg BT. On the upside I can share it with you girls, and my thoughts of do's and dont's. Will either of you be on light sedation? Or the full knock out?

Going for 2nd scan tomorrow. Follies were 7-8 on Tuesday so interested to see how big and how many. I think I'm a slow grower. On a standard cycle I would O around day 21 of a 36day cyc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi annerley, the injections aren't too bad to do yourself. I think it's easier doing it yourself rather than someone else. I think my DH wd be so worried about hurting me that he'd do it too slowly! I agree, pinching a bit of belly is good for not hurting too much. I can't remember what drugs ur on, but with the gonal f pen I keep it pushed in until I take it out too.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leste- yes please do share your experiences. There are a few ladies on here that have just been through EPU and their advice has been great but yes, you are probably one of the next to get to that stage. My clinic does light sedation, I was nervous about it too until I went on a tour of the clinic last month and the showed us the room where is all happens, I also didn't realise how quick the procedure is as well!

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow at the scan!

Chiefsgirl- I am on gonal f pen. I am starting to think that I'll end up just doing it myself, will give hubby one go tomorrow but I think I'll be fine after that. When the nurse did it today, I didn't feel a thing so I don't think it would be hard to do by myself after all.

Today I was standing up when the nurse did it and I know she was trying to get a decent pinch without hurting me so I think sitting down will make it even easier.

Did you ladies just do it in your tummy? I have heard of others doing it at the top of their leg.
    Last edited by Annerley; 19-09-2013 at 20:38.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Did you ladies just do it in your tummy? I have heard of others doing it at the top of their leg.
    Hi annerley, my clinic only told me to do it in my tummy. It looks like a pin cushion after this stim cycle, but then again, I did three injections a day for about 10 days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that the leg will be a little more tender cos of muscle. Maybe it's just me but I have less sensitivity on the belly skin. The most daunting is the first time you inject yourself, all the build up and nerves. Take a deep breath and jab, don't procrastonate.
    Thanks Annerley, will let you know tomorrow.