Closed Thread
Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    I'm sorry Emzy, hope you can find a good clinic & that you get your BFP soon!

Do you guys think I'll be ok to have a go at archery during my stim cycle? I booked in for a short intro session (only an hour or so of shooting max) ages ago before I knew when my IVF cycle would be. It's on the 5th October & my EPU is scheduled for the 11th. I really want to do it & have been looking forward to it for ages. I'll make sure I use a light-weight bow. If I reschedule then the next course will be during my TWW which is probably an even worse time & otherwise I'll have to wait until next year as they don't run them that often. Do you think it will be ok?

Also, how important is it to stay relaxed during your IVF cycle? My job can be stressful sometimes & I'm concerned about it causing a problem. Basically I work in education & it's my role to cancel classes when teachers call in sick - I start work at 8 (but usually arrive a little early) & classes don't start till 9am. So the student's get an hours notice of class cancellations & that's the best I can do. However I regularly get abused by obnoxious students because I didn't text them before they left home (one student even had the hide to tell me that I had to use my personal mobile phone to text every student in class at 5.30am from my home). Every time a class has to be cancelled the students come & abuse me, even though it's not really my fault. This upsets me & stresses me out & makes me anxious about having to cancel classes & I'm concerned of the affect this might have during the IVF cycle. What do you all think?
    I think the archery should be okay as it is prior to egg pick right. I guess it depends on how you go drug wise. I was okay just moody and bloated but other than that I continued my walks right up to the very day of EPU.

I hear you with work I get stressed out too a lot . i have had a bit of time off actually in my two cycles. I had 2 weeks from egg pick up to a few days prior to results of ET. The second cycle I had a few days off when I got the ET'd. I am not sure if your able to do this? take some days off? I also just get up and walk away now if i need to I just do it

I am absolutely anal about people smoking near me. My FS told me not to go near them (passive smoking) and even now I get really uppy when someone lights up a durry near me. (& I used to smoke).
    I too take a pharmacy of vitamins a day now from Wazza's list of supp's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks ladies! Will see how I feel but good to know I should be ok for the archery.

I'm looking into accupuncture, hoping to make an appointment for next week.

I'm not sure if I can take any extra time off Sharlee. At this stage I haven't booked any extra but my boss is being pretty cool about the whole thing so I guess if I start to get stressed down the track I should be able to take some extra days.

I'm taking pre-conception vitamins so hopefully that will help ward off any nasty sicknesses
    Last edited by heartstringz; 18-09-2013 at 17:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

just a quick question about stress...reading what you've all written, does stress contribute towards OHSS?
    I start stimming tomorrow night so I guess if I'm on the right track then added stress whilst stimming and growing those follicles wouldn't be ideal.

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Congrats on being pupo! My clinic just says to treat yourself as if you are pregnant, and to not let your core temp get too high. No baths, saunas etc. good luck! Do you think you'll POAS?
    More than likely Chiefsgirl but probably not til next Friday as I have to have a Pregnyl shot this Friday morning..

Thanks
    Reviews
    waiting with baited breath for the phone call today on how many good embryos we got

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    waiting with baited breath for the phone call today on how many good embryos we got
    for you Bettie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy5 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we will be stimming together JB, my AF is due on the 17th Oct and I'm always right on time, so I guess I start jabbing on the 20th. As my AF is always on time I'm pretty sure it will be another antagonist cycle but Gareth did say he would look into other things to help us along He's based in Richmond. An endometrial biopsy does sound like a good idea Sharlee, do you know if its very intrusive? or a simple procedure? I, too, like you Sharlee have a great big list of things to go into this next round withOct/Nov is our turn hun Heartstringz, I'm hearing you on the stressful job situation. My job is very stressful at times. I have started having acupuncture once a week for my stress levels and I must say it does help a lot...for a few days at least, that, and yoga. Minib, I'm really hoping you are right, a new set of eyes and a different approach could be just what we need andto all you beautiful girls, hope our BFP's are just around the corner
    Emzy it is just an easy procedure like a pap smear (or so i have read)I also have on my list NK cells, immune issues, implantation issues. I am worried as I have a very good immune system. i never get sick and I think my body might be attacking my embryos (as it sees them as foreign cells) anyhow I want to get tested for everythign before I move onto cycle 3. I hope your right, I hope the next one is our turn. It makes me that almost everyone I started IVF with now has a BFP. A big part of me is happy for them but another part of me is sad thinking whoa why not me too especially with the ones where I almost got my BFP as they are now 12 weeks pregnant. and good luck will chat later probably on a Nov/ Dec thread I dare say when I ask for the extra testing my next cycle will get held up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlee32 View Post
    Emzy it is just an easy procedure like a pap smear (or so i have read)I also have on my list NK cells, immune issues, implantation issues. I am worried as I have a very good immune system. i never get sick and I think my body might be attacking my embryos (as it sees them as foreign cells) anyhow I want to get tested for everythign before I move onto cycle 3. I hope your right, I hope the next one is our turn. It makes me that almost everyone I started IVF with now has a BFP. A big part of me is happy for them but another part of me is sad thinking whoa why not me too especially with the ones where I almost got my BFP as they are now 12 weeks pregnant. and good luck will chat later probably on a Nov/ Dec thread I dare say when I ask for the extra testing my next cycle will get held up.
    From what I've heard it's done in the chair, like a pap smear, but they do snip out a bit of your uteral (spelling?) lining so will be uncomfortable. I had a cervical punch biopsy when I was 21 and it stung a bit (I did yell) but was ok after a few hours. They can't give you any local so it'll be a bit sore I would think.

I hear you Sharlee about being happy for those getting a bfp but also thinking why not me? I'm especially distressed by those lucky ones who get their bfp on their first cycle. Happy for them, but sad for me if that makes sense.

On another note, et for me is always a bit uncomfortable and I've heard some ladies are given valium to take an hour before et to make it more comfortable/relaxed. Do any of you that have cycled before do this? I've read you shouldn't take valium when pregnant so worry that it would have an adverse effect on the embryo even though it isn't sharing my blood at that stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, can I join in the thread?

LAM: been ttc since Aug 2012, was with Shane at QFG Brisbane. Did 7 Clomid cycles, 3 with iui, all BFN.
    Swapped to Fertility Centre Springwood, doing 1st cycle of IVF,
    Today is day 7 of stims, 87.5 Gonal-F, was supposed to start Cetrotide on Tuesday but after having scan and BT, Dr said to hold off till scan and BT tomorrow.

EPU booked for 25/9 but I have a feeling it will be too early. Will see.
    Anyone else with Springwood?
    Really scared of EPU, no aneasthic, only Valium. Never had it don't know how it works or how I will respond...... Arghhhh

Congrats to all BFP's and GL to everybody still trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Leste!

I went to my appointment today to pick up my injections and have a blood test. They have put me on gonal f 100. The lovely nurse offered to do my first one for me and I have to say I hardly felt it, I feel so much more at ease now! Lets just hope it feels the same when hubby does it for me tomorrow. I had a blood test as well and they said they would call at lunchtime if my hormones weren't baseline, in which case I'd have to wait another week before recommencing the stims. So far no call, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Leste- my EPU is scheduled for the week starting 30/9 so all going to plan, ill be just behind you