Closed Thread
Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 921
  1. #351
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked
    108
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Bettie, how are you doing? 25 must make you sore today?
    I'm not as sore as last cycle when we got 18
    I feel a bit tender if if walk to quickly around or cough too hard, I managed to walk down the street to a restaurant for dinner last night and there is no way I could have done that last cycle, it makes me hopeful that we will have some luck this cycle as my body seems to be coping better

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    I'm not as sore as last cycle when we got 18
    I feel a bit tender if if walk to quickly around or cough too hard, I managed to walk down the street to a restaurant for dinner last night and there is no way I could have done that last cycle, it makes me hopeful that we will have some luck this cycle as my body seems to be coping better
    I hear you, I think it's not such a shock to the system the more cycles you do. It must be so hard to wait so long to hear how many fertilised that would have me

  3. #353
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked
    108
    Reviews
    0
    The nurse just called me to check up on my for OHSS and was able to tell me at 13 fertilized, worse % than last time but still a lot, so have to stay positive

    hoping not to many drop off before they do the PGD testing tomorrow

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bettie that's still a 52% fertilisation rate, that's not too bad! How many do you need to do PGD testing?

  5. #355
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked
    108
    Reviews
    0
    I don't need a specific number for PGD, but the stats are that 50% of embryos will have the condition, last cycle we got 6 embryos to day 3 for testing and only 1 didn't have the condition, so we really lucked out
    Hoping this time we get more than 1 as PGD is super expensive and I'd like some frosites

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    I don't need a specific number for PGD, but the stats are that 50% of embryos will have the condition, last cycle we got 6 embryos to day 3 for testing and only 1 didn't have the condition, so we really lucked out
    Hoping this time we get more than 1 as PGD is super expensive and I'd like some frosites
    for you

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    734
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked
    416
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feeling like right now! After reading many different forums about vasectomy reversal it always seems it either doesn't work at all or it takes 12mths-2yrs for it to work and most people end up back doing ICSI to get their BFP's. Given the fact I'm 39 ans the big 4 0 scares the crap out of me Im now wondering if its worth another round of ICSI given our time factor. Is anyone going through Monash in Melbourne? My last round was through Melb IVF and I'd like to try somewhere different if I go down that road again....sorry for the long rant ladies.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darwin
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked
    43
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies, we are officially PUPO with 2 perfect Grade 1 embryo's!!! Now for the dreaded 2WW.
    What are your do's & don'ts for the 2WW??

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to stc76 For This Useful Post:

    MGC Bertie  (17-09-2013)

  10. #359
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    2,686
    Thanked
    3,365
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stc76 View Post
    Hi ladies, we are officially PUPO with 2 perfect Grade 1 embryo's!!! Now for the dreaded 2WW.
    What are your do's & don'ts for the 2WW??
    Congrats on being pupo! My clinic just says to treat yourself as if you are pregnant, and to not let your core temp get too high. No baths, saunas etc. good luck! Do you think you'll POAS?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

    stc76  (17-09-2013)

  12. #360
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked
    372
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy5 View Post
    Feeling like right now! After reading many different forums about vasectomy reversal it always seems it either doesn't work at all or it takes 12mths-2yrs for it to work and most people end up back doing ICSI to get their BFP's. Given the fact I'm 39 ans the big 4 0 scares the crap out of me Im now wondering if its worth another round of ICSI given our time factor. Is anyone going through Monash in Melbourne? My last round was through Melb IVF and I'd like to try somewhere different if I go down that road again....sorry for the long rant ladies.
    Hi Emzy,

    I am with Monash IVF and am seeing Lynn Burmeister, she is based at the Epworth in Richmond and has lovely nurses on her team - she has worked some miracles so I hope she can this time around for me and I would HIGHLY recommend seeing her. http://www.drlynnburmeister.com.au/ There is BH forum about her too - http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ase&highlight=

    I waited 2.5 months to see her and so glad I did. She is going to do an endometrial biopsy for me this time around to help with implantation and also check that my lining is ok.

    Other very successful Monash FS's are Peter Lutjen and Nik Lolatgis - the wait to get in to see them isn't as long.

    The wait to get in can be long but ask to go on her waiting list and you can get in quickly (I don't know if it'd help if you said "a friend of mine sees Lynn" to see if you could get in quicker... probably not but if you'd like to try it anyway I am happy to PM you my name!)

    Would you do both - I mean do another round of ICSI before DH has the reversal so you can try with IVF and if it doesn't work he may have had a month or 2 or recover?? I am sure Lynn would discuss this with you as I don't really know what I am talking about - haha!

    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions - more than happy to help!

    STC congratulations on being PUPO - TWW donts are no heavy lifting, hot baths, heat packs on your belly, strenuous exercise. Do's - relax, eat brazil nuts (5 a day), lots of green vegies to help with blood flow... umm that's all I have right now!!

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

    Emzy5  (17-09-2013),stc76  (17-09-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 19-09-2013, 13:59
  2. July/Aug 2013 IVF/ICSI Cycle Buddies
    By crimson74 in forum IVF
    Replies: 945
    Last Post: 17-09-2013, 10:51
  3. June/July 2013 IVF/ICSI Cycle Buddies # 2
    By littlesunflowers in forum IVF
    Replies: 921
    Last Post: 26-07-2013, 11:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Life Fertility
Life Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF specialists offer professional, holistic, personalised options for the treatment of each patient’s specific needs.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!