Closed Thread
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Muppa, I'm going through our 3rd ICSI round at the moment and my FS changed me from Puregon to Menopur this cycle. Egg collection today & we got 7 eggs. Previous cycles I got 6 & 9 but only 2 & 1 fertilised. We have everything crossed for better fertilisation rates this time & will know tomorrow how they are.

I'm a slow responder to the meds & was on 300 Menopur for 17 days before we were ready to trigger, I really didn't notice too much of a difference between the 2 shots. I find icing the area while you prep the shot really helps both with the pain factor & bruising afterwards.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stc76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to the newcomers!

I did my injections at night. You're supposed to do them at the as e time but the nurse told me if occasionally had something on that meant we'd be late or something it was ok to go an hour or so either side of the scheduled time. They do hurt a bit but I would also ice my stomach beforehand and then put a heat pack on afterwards. I was never able to do them myself as I'm a total needle phobe but DH was great with it. He'd just say close your eyes and jab me quickly and without any fuss.

I have my transfer this morning. Eeeeeeeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hposs View Post
    Hello to the newcomers!

I did my injections at night. You're supposed to do them at the as e time but the nurse told me if occasionally had something on that meant we'd be late or something it was ok to go an hour or so either side of the scheduled time. They do hurt a bit but I would also ice my stomach beforehand and then put a heat pack on afterwards. I was never able to do them myself as I'm a total needle phobe but DH was great with it. He'd just say close your eyes and jab me quickly and without any fuss.

I have my transfer this morning. Eeeeeeeek!
    sending lots of for your transfer today hposs!...will you be transferring one or two today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck hposs, so excited for you
    I cant wait to be up to ET stage!
    All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makingno2- we are doing ICSI but were told upfront and have already sent payment for that and the rest of it altogether. Not nice getting such a surprise when the cost is already so much but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

Bettie- glad to hear the meds are ok, one less worry for you

Minib- come on af, hope you aren't waiting too much longer

Thanks
    Reviews
    So out of 18 eggs, 14 of which fertilised, I've ended up with 1 A grade blast on board as of this morning and another to be frozen today but the rest (5 left) unlikely to be up to freezing but to be rechecked tomorrow. I am definitely grateful for the 2 quality ones but frustrated and disappointed that more don't make it to freezing. Oh well, fingers crossed this is the one!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So out of 18 eggs, 14 of which fertilised, I've ended up with 1 A grade blast on board as of this morning and another to be frozen today but the rest (5 left) unlikely to be up to freezing but to be rechecked tomorrow. I am definitely grateful for the 2 quality ones but frustrated and disappointed that more don't make it to freezing. Oh well, fingers crossed this is the one!!
    Congrats on being PUPO hposs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emzy! How are things going for you? I'm already driving myself crazy googling and trawling through the forums!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hposs... congrats on being pupo. I've never had any to freeze, and many women don't, so it's great that you got one to blast, as well as one to freeze. Fingers crossed it works xx

Nicole.... which type of "surgery" is your DH having? There's three main types - needle aspiration, needle biopsy and mTESE (micro-dissection). My DH had all three, and even though they found 1 or 2 sperm each time either they were poor quality, didn't fertilise or didn't take, so we've moved onto donor sperm now (which incidently also hasn't resulted in a BFP yet!!) There are three Bubhub threads for "Azoospermia" (no sperm) and another for "Donor Sperm", so look those up and come and join us there too. Lots of good advice there, which will be specific to what you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emzy! How are things going for you? I'm already driving myself crazy googling and trawling through the forums!
    Haha I know that feeling quite well hposs, I'm sure my DH was about to pull the computer plug some nights I googled that much! I'm just praying for AF to stay away ATM. The witch is due on 17th BT on 18th..bracing myself for the worst but trying to stay positive