Closed Thread
Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Sandra, I haven't started the jab. But a friend has and she told me it has to be exactly 24 hours. She also mentioned best to do it at night. Just in case if they need to change your meds for any reason halfway in the cycle you are not losing a day. If you do it in the morning you will need to wait for the next morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

i haven't posted since our BFN a week ago, just trying to put ICSI on a shelf and get on with other parts of my life. Yeah I know a bit sill as it is always there in the back of my mind. Doesn't help that I have three friends and one cousin all in different stages of pregnancy.

DH and I have been talking about our next step, we have one embryo frozen still, but am going to do a stim cycle. As DH needs to have his sperm taken via surgery this time, and there may be none there, but we won't know until the day of surgery. So have to go through a whole cycle with the added stress that it might not work cause of the lack of sperm. But we have to do it soon otherwise we will runout of time, they said his side was deteriorating. Has anyone else had to have the sperm collected via surgery has it worked?

if that doesn't work we will have to consider donor sperm.

i am getting my girlfriends together to talk about my IVF, it was pointed out to me by a friend that they want to help that I'm not boring them with this stuff. So I thought invite them over and let them ask what they want. One said something that meant a lot to me that I should have my friends by my side when I'm facing one of the biggest battles of my life. It's nice to know that they want to help.

Sorry a bit of a long post.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole77 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra13 View Post
    Bettie - Was everything okay with your meds?
    yep! thanks for asking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. Well, I'm back from EPU & we got 7 eggs. Now the agonising wait for insem/fertilisation rates...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stc76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stc76 View Post
    Hi ladies. Well, I'm back from EPU & we got 7 eggs. Now the agonising wait for insem/fertilisation rates...
    Great number stc!! For great fertilization for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats stc for fertilisation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining in. Starting 3rd round ICSI at the end of September...hoping for a miracle this time. MC at this time last year and it has taken me quite a while to get over it.

MFI for my darling fiancé and low egg reserve for me.

Last two cycles were antagonist and will continue this way for the 3rd round. Trying a new drug Menopur, and I have seen by some of your posts that the injections are quite painful. Not looking forward to that but it's for a great result so worth the pain

You all have amazing stories and a phenomenal strength to continue to strive for your goals, I am so proud of you all!

Sending Baby Dust to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppa7677 View Post
    Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me joining in. Starting 3rd round ICSI at the end of September...hoping for a miracle this time. MC at this time last year and it has taken me quite a while to get over it.

MFI for my darling fiancé and low egg reserve for me.

Last two cycles were antagonist and will continue this way for the 3rd round. Trying a new drug Menopur, and I have seen by some of your posts that the injections are quite painful. Not looking forward to that but it's for a great result so worth the pain

You all have amazing stories and a phenomenal strength to continue to strive for your goals, I am so proud of you all!

Sending Baby Dust to you all
    Welcome Muppa!! Hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky for you!! you achieve your goal this round!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

Muppa7677  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    that the injections are painful. I'm freaking out about them enough as it is. I've done well with the blood test so far but I do have a tendancy to faint when having injections. Still crossing my fingers that I'll be able to do them myself, cause if not I'll have to go to the clinic some days as DH will be away. I think I'll have to inject in the morning so I'm able to go to the clinic if necessary. Plus, my first injection (at the clinic, showing me how to do it etc) will be in the morning as that's the only time I can get there.

Today I finally told my boss about IVF & luckily she was great about it. I've been undecided about telling her as she is not very approachable & I wasn't sure how she would take it. I finally decided that I didn't want the added stress of being late for work/taking time off without her knowing why. I'm glad I told her.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Muppa
    we have MFI over here as well. Good luck to you with this cycle, wishing for you!

Heartstringz- glad to hear it went well with your boss. I went through a similar thing lately and mine was very supportive as well, it makes it so much easier when you know as they will understand when you need time off and much better than having to make excuses! I certainly haven't regretted telling my boss either.

STC- wow! Congrats on the great number, can't wait to see how they grow!!

Nicole- sorry to hear about your bfn but lovely to hear you have some fantastic friends around you

Sandra- are you sniffing the nasal spray at the moment? I have heard the same as minib that you jab once a day at the same time each day. I'm going to do it at night as my hubby is happy to do it for me and it will certainly make it easier on me, at least initially.

Berrabrooder- I think I get a choice of two different injectables. I think one of them is gonal f but if the other is Menopur, ill definitely steer clear so thanks for the warning!

Sorry if I missed anyone