Closed Thread
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gl with your 3rd round Chiefsgirl, its interesting to hear about the Epsom salts and magnesium spray, haven't heard about that. Wondered where you bought the Coq10 at a health clinic or pharmacy? Do they recommend u be on it for a few mths before a cycle? At the moment I just started taking DHEA which is supposed to help with eggs nos and quality, they say at least 3 mths for that. Sorry to hear about your BFN MGC Bertie, in word word it does suck sending u lots of luck for your next round. Have a nice w/e ladies

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning everyone,

How's your weekend going? DH and I are about to head down to my family beach house for a week so very much looking forward to a break!

I have updated my 1st post in this thread with hints, tips and advice that I have received, read or that fellow bubhubbers have done... please take a read as something there may help you this time around and please if you have anything to add let me know and i will add it there - it's easier being on the 1st page as we can constantly refer back to it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy your week away JB. I'm extremely jealous! Hope you both enjoy the time to yourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jb2011 I just noticed all of your tips, they r great - thank you, this all helps so much, if I think of any others all let u know . Beach house sounds like fun have a great time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thought I might join your thread if that's OK, I probably won't be cycling until November, but it will border with October when we start our next FET cycle.

Our July cycle resulted with a BFP, but at the 6 week scan it showed a blighted ovum (only a sac, no yolk/fetus). So, after one very long week of waiting we had another a scan at 7 weeks to confirm, I had a D&C on Friday as I just couldn't bear waiting any longer for a natural miscarriage. Given all this, we now have to wait for my cycles and hormone levels to return to normal which will take a couple of months. On the upside, I do have one of the best surgeons in Melbourne so luckily the D&C was 'textbook' (in his words).

I've bought epsom salts from the supermarket in the past, DH uses it in the bath after he's been for a big run. It's usually found in the bathroom section near the soap. I might try a foot bath next time!

Good luck to all of you cycling, I'll probably lurk for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I would also like to join in on this thread if that is okay.

I have just gone on the pill and we are scheduling my EPU for mid October (provided everything goes all right). DH works away and the clinic has been able to accommodate when he will be home.

I'm more than a little scared about this journey but keep reminding myself that the end result is all that matters. I don't personally know anyone who has been through IVF as all of my friends fall without any problems whatsoever. It will be nice to chat to people going through the same thing as me.

I really look forward to sharing this challening journey with you all.

to everyone!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Sandra! One thing that is great about IVF is the ability to plan around commitments, traveling DH's and holidays! Gotta find a positive right!?

BH is wonderful for keeping in touch with people going through the same thing, asking questions and following other people's journeys.

I thought it would be nice to do a Roll call (list everyone in the thread and what stage they are at) as it can get hard to keep track of everyone and where they are at.

This is who/what I have so far:

All in limbo land ATM!

Stim Cycles
    Sandra13 - 1st stim cycle in OctoberMinib - 1st stim cycle in September
    Booboo78 - 2nd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    JB2011 - 3rd stim cycle in September
    stc76 - 3rd stim cycle in September
    Chiefsgirl - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    MGC - Stim cycle in October

FET cycle
    MrsCarlton - FET in September
    Becca85 - FET in September
    Loolu - FET in October

Unsure
    GabberQueenN83 - ?

If everyone is happy for me to do the Roll call I'll add it to the 1st page and then as you progress let me know eg: when you start stimming, start sniffing, start the pill etc

Hope you're all having a nice night

xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (08-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome Sandra! Wow, that is a long cycle!

I've had a friend go through ivf twice and has two adorable girls, but I find it easier talking to the girls in here than her. I think she feels a little guilty that both times worked so easily for her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Jb2011 - I think a roll call is a wonderful idea!! And yes, you need to be able to find the positive in every situation or else it just gets too overwhelming.

Chiefsgirl - I also think the fact that you probably don't personally know anyone in here will also make it easier. I feel quite comfortable already and I've only just joined in! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive and that is so important during this journey.

Are there any tips anyone can give me as a first timer on how they managed to stay calm during the whole process and not let your thoughts consume you too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Sandra. We are starting our 3rd round of IVF at the end August/early September and each time have found the girls in here extremely supportive. It is really nice to be able to verbalise (type) your thoughts and not have any judgement from people who are completely oblivious to what you are going through.

My tip for staying calm is Acupuncture. I have found a fantastic lady who works from home & is very accommodation when it comes to treatments before & after transfer. The whole process is very relaxing and calming, she even leaves ear tacks in for me sometimes so I can stimulate the points myself if things are getting a bit too much. There is a lot on Dr Google about the benefits of Acupuncture & IVF so I figured, why not...

Thanks for the roll call JB, great idea.