Closed Thread
Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emzy5!

Yikes- just had my first menopur injection & omg it stung!!! Much much more than gonal-f and have hard lump... Hope that is normal!?!
    Last edited by BerraBrooder; 12-09-2013 at 20:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support everyone <3 So feeling a little annoyed...When I checked the mail today there was a bill for $700(ish) for ICSI. I had no idea that we were doing ICSI, that is was done at EPU or the reason why...Surprise!!! I get that the end result is all that matters but would've been nice to know before the bill showed up..Grrr Anyways...4 of my Embies are travelling great and 1 is slightly lagging but still looking good. Sandra13 transfer is tomorrow and will just be 1 embryo. As I'm under 35 my clinic will only put 1 back in Feeling pretty nervous about it as it will be a day 3 ET...anyone had success with day 3. Bring on the agonising 2ww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Can I jump on board with ye please?? Just about to embark on our 3rd ICSI and hoping its a case of 3rd time lucky. Did the fresh and frozen cycle back in Ireland but that was 7 years ago. Took us this length to feel that we can give it another go as we were devastated after the last time. Married 11 years and TTC for 9 so fingers crossed . This day 3 weeks will start the stabbing again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BerraBrooder View Post
    Thanks Emzy5!

Yikes- just had my first menopur injection & omg it stung!!! Much much more than gonal-f and have hard lump... Hope that is normal!?!
    Yep! They do hurt! Ouch! I am on clexane injections everyday and if my pregnancy progresses() will be for the whole term...not fun but we all do what we gotta do to finally hold our beautiful bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingNo2 View Post
    Thanks for the support everyone <3 So feeling a little annoyed...When I checked the mail today there was a bill for $700(ish) for ICSI. I had no idea that we were doing ICSI, that is was done at EPU or the reason why...Surprise!!! I get that the end result is all that matters but would've been nice to know before the bill showed up..Grrr Anyways...4 of my Embies are travelling great and 1 is slightly lagging but still looking good. Sandra13 transfer is tomorrow and will just be 1 embryo. As I'm under 35 my clinic will only put 1 back in Feeling pretty nervous about it as it will be a day 3 ET...anyone had success with day 3. Bring on the agonising 2ww.
    Yes makingNo2 we have had a couple of "surprise invoices" whilst on our journey also, sometimes it would be nice to know "all" the costs involved, as you say, we're more than happy to pay whatever it takes to get our BFP but we still need to budget. Best of luck for transfer tomorrow!!just think, this time tomorrow you'll be PUPO!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

MakingNo2  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeh3 View Post
    Hi ladies
    Can I jump on board with ye please?? Just about to embark on our 3rd ICSI and hoping its a case of 3rd time lucky. Did the fresh and frozen cycle back in Ireland but that was 7 years ago. Took us this length to feel that we can give it another go as we were devastated after the last time. Married 11 years and TTC for 9 so fingers crossed . This day 3 weeks will start the stabbing again!
    Hopeh3!! For 3rd time lucky for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome berrabrooder and hopeh

Thanks ladies. Looks like I will continue exercising normally until my body tells me otherwise. I feel great from exercising and it makes me happier to be fit.

I tried to cut down on coffee. Lasted a week. Argh! Mind you I only have one a day anyway. I'm not a big drinker. I only drink when I go out for dinner and drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting for AF to arrive. Come on! It's been 4 weeks. Getting impatient

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bettie - Was everything okay with your meds?

Heartstringz - I’m not sure of all the benefits of acupuncture but it increases blood flow so your body heals quicker after EPU and also helps the emby stick after ET. Whether or not this works I know one thing for sure, it has helped my stress levels immensely. I’m not always thinking about IVF anymore and when I think about it, I’m not thinking “why me”, I’m actually getting excited. It’s just such great stress relief!!

Hposs - That’s great news! It sounds like you have some fighters on your hands!

BerraBrooder and Hopeh3 - Welcome to the thread! I hope this cycle results in a BFP for you both

Annerley - It’s nice to know I’m on a similar cycle to someone I start my injections next Sunday, the 22nd.

MakingNo2 - You would think that your clinic would have mentioned they were doing ICSI. Are you going to say something? Best of luck with your transfer today. I will keep everything crossed for you that it’s a sticky one and that your 2ww doesn’t drag! I too am under 35 so they’ll only put one in at a time. When they mentioned that I’m in the “golden age” so there’s no need to put in two, I just want to yell at them. If it was so golden I wouldn’t need IVF and I would have babies by now!

Minib - I hope AF arrives soon …

I have a question about injections for the the ladies that have done this before. Do you need to do it every 24 hours on the dot and when did you find it was best to inject? Morning or night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    BerraBrooder and hope3h - good luck for your cycle.

MakingNo2 - that would annoy me, our FS told us what our costs would be right up front so we knew what to budget. Good luck for ET today

Minib I hear you with I always feel so much better afterwards, to me it's kinda like what people say accupuncture does for them, I just feel so much clearer in the mind and soul afterwards. If you exercise regularly it's easy to just listen to your body and do what you think is best. AF comes for you soon.

Sandra13 I take my injections at night. Just because I exercise a couple of times a week at about 5.30am (I'm crazy I know) and my appointments at the clinic are always in the morning. That would mean I would have to get up at 5am everyday of the week to take the injections So I do them at night at 8pm when I know I'm going to be home from work/exercise class etc. I'm also going to be more awake then (my growth hormone injections were fiddly this time so I needed to concentrate). As it was I stuck the gonal F pen in last night before I had dialled up the dose - it stung like a %$^$^%$^% too! I wasn't happy to take it out, dial it up and stick it back in