Closed Thread
Page 27 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Chiefsgirl- looks like ill have to make sure I'm relaxed as I'd rather not be too aware. You are right, its just a light sedation for me as well. How did you go for recovery time? Was it painful after?

So far the Synarel spray is giving me some small symptoms, the worst of it has been a headache for the past 24hrs and have had the odd body ache and stomach twinge (I'm on day3 of sniffing). The clinic nurse had said to expect to feel sluggish and vague until starting stims but I haven't as yet...I can live with the body aches and head aches as I see it as a reminder that the spray must be doing something and that I must be using it right!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Annerley;7442931 nurse had said to expect to feel sluggish and vague until starting stim![/QUOTE]

yep I lost the same cup of tea 3 times while sniffing, only had a non functioning brain for like 2 days, but it was pretty bad

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettie For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Did anyone quit coffee or intense exercising during IVF?[/QUOTE]

No to coffee but yes to alcohol. I haven't had a drink since June. I needed to stop anyhow was drinking a bit too much some days.
    I actually limit my coffee to one a day though and I only use a teaspoon of coffee in a cup... Oh and I have never intense exercised just walk my dogs....

Good luck for those testing and cycling. Sorry for no personals I am at work so shouldn't really be on the hub but I am on a break just trying to quickly catch up...this is such a busy little thread. xo and for all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That’s great news about your DH getting his leave approved JB. I live on the Gold Coast and we are having the most amazing weather at the moment. You will have an absolute ball! And good on you for allowing yourself to have a drink!

Welcome MakingNo2. This thread is incredibly supportive. That’s such great news about five fertilising. Will you have one or two inserted on Friday?

That’s wonderful news Hposs!! I’m wishing you all the luck in the world for BFP this time around!!

Minib, I quit coffee a month ago (two months before EPU). I’m not sure if it will do anything, but I actually feel better for not relying on my two cups of coffee a day to get by! As for exercise, I’m going to keep going until I start injecting and will then cut it in half. Again, I’m not sure what it will do but I have to try something!

Annerley, I’ve found that since being on the pill I’ve lost 2kg as well. I’m sure it will all come back when I start injecting next week though. But as you said, we have to prepare for the baby weight anyway!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Thanks Chiefsgirl- looks like ill have to make sure I'm relaxed as I'd rather not be too aware. You are right, its just a light sedation for me as well. How did you go for recovery time? Was it painful after?

So far the Synarel spray is giving me some small symptoms, the worst of it has been a headache for the past 24hrs and have had the odd body ache and stomach twinge (I'm on day3 of sniffing). The clinic nurse had said to expect to feel sluggish and vague until starting stims but I haven't as yet...I can live with the body aches and head aches as I see it as a reminder that the spray must be doing something and that I must be using it right!
    Hi Annerley, I was ok after epu, but I've only ever gotten 2 and 4 eggs, the ladies on here who get more say they're a little uncomfortable afterwards, but nothing too bad unless you get OHSS.

I've never done synarel, but I did get really bad headaches at the beginning while taking gonal F. I've found drinking at least 2l of water a day and eating small meals frequently helped. I think the eating was because it kept my blood sugar levels up. I eat pretty clean and low carb, so don't really have too much sugar in my diet. The dietician has recommended I now eat fruit in the arvo and that's helped.

I actually find I'm more fatigued in the TWW, I use crinone gel and that makes me really tired, crampy and nauseous!

Sharlee32 I hear you with needing to stop drinking, I'd gotten into the terrible habit of having a glass most nights! I had two glasses of wine after my last BFN and woke up feeling like I'd had the hugest night - seems I'm a lightweight drinker now - DH thinks it's hilarious as I was always more of a drinker than him, now he drinks more (which when it's only 2 or 3 ciders that's not saying much!)

Sandra13 I take my hat off to you for quitting coffee, I've cut down alot, and being a bit of a coffee snob, only have one at home (as we have a swanky machine) I don't like instant - we even take ground coffee and a plunger camping - I know it's so embarrassing to even say that out loud!!!

I think I'm just a bit of a gym junkie now, it really does make me feel better, I'll probably just cut back to yoga and walking in the tww. I have these dvd's that I bought last year when we were ttc naturally called pregalates, and it's pilates for pregnant women, there are 4 of them, one for each trimester and then one for after. The woman who is the teacher in them made them while she was pregnant, so in each different dvd she's getting bigger and bigger! I think I feel more comfortable doing it knowing that at least she truly knows what a pregnant woman is going through.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (12-09-2013),Butterfly39  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharley I changed to Tetley decaf tea which is lovely. Coffee I quit altogether about 6 months ago. I found it actually made me feel healthier and less tired throughout the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sandra I am very excited about getting some sunshine up there!!!

I quit coffee late 2012 but have had 1 or 2 here and there during the "off" times during my cycles. I sometimes have decaf but most of the time I just get a chai latte as i need that mid morning snack, once summer really kicks in I will start getting banana smoothies with yogurt!! Alcohol I have very sporadically eg: after the news of a cancelled cycle or a special celebration (being bridesmaid 3 times this year makes it hard!!)! I have never been a big drinker so if I do have something it's usually red wine - antioxidants right?!

Exercise wise I walk my Dog 5kms a day and then sometimes go for another walk with the kids I look after. Being a nanny I am active all right (except for right now whilst they sleep) so I am kept busy. I used to go to the gym 3-5 times a week but it closed so that's my excuse as to why I don't go anymore!

This morning I caught up with 2 of my nanny friends and between us we had 7 kids aged 18mths-3.5yrs: 3 natural conceptions, 1 adopted from Ethiopia, 1 born via surrogate in the US (parents embryo), Twins born via egg donor and additional surrogate in India. So infertility surrounds me and is more common than you think! When you see Mums with their babies I now never assume it was easy for them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vent time
    so as I am stimming for a few extra days the pharmacy at MIVF has to send me so more gonal-f as they only sent me one extra dose the meds at the start of my cycle.
    They couriered it last night and it should be delivered today. I rang the courier company this morning because the online tracking showed that it was still in Melbourne, the call center staff advised me that this appeared to be the case and that maybe it would be late in the day as other flights were coming in. Based on this I went out to get some food following the online tracking while I was out.
    I get back home and there is a missed delivery slip!
    So rang them back again, and they think the computers are mucking up today, they said they'd call the driver and ask him to come back with my meds and call me back and let me know what would happen
    wait an hour.. no call
    call them again, they will call driver again and get back to me soon, I may need to go to the depot and collect the meds, but they aren't sure where the meds are!
    So now busy freaking out that my gonal-f is going to get warm and be no good!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettie View Post
    Vent time
    so as I am stimming for a few extra days the pharmacy at MIVF has to send me so more gonal-f as they only sent me one extra dose the meds at the start of my cycle.
    They couriered it last night and it should be delivered today. I rang the courier company this morning because the online tracking showed that it was still in Melbourne, the call center staff advised me that this appeared to be the case and that maybe it would be late in the day as other flights were coming in. Based on this I went out to get some food following the online tracking while I was out.
    I get back home and there is a missed delivery slip!
    So rang them back again, and they think the computers are mucking up today, they said they'd call the driver and ask him to come back with my meds and call me back and let me know what would happen
    wait an hour.. no call
    call them again, they will call driver again and get back to me soon, I may need to go to the depot and collect the meds, but they aren't sure where the meds are!
    So now busy freaking out that my gonal-f is going to get warm and be no good!!!

That is so annoying. Hope they have them on ice for you.

Where abouts are you I have spare Gonal F and Orgalutran (unopened) left over from my last cycle. I am in Nth QLD - Townsville? never mind just read your in Hobart...
    Last edited by Sharlee32; 12-09-2013 at 15:43. Reason: added information

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Bettie  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sharlee
    Just not something I really want to be worrying about right now on top of everything else