Closed Thread
Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post

JB, what do you mean by timelines? As in you tell the clinic your estimates on dates? Oh wow. Hopefully you DH gets the approval. I love holidays!
    Hi Minib, yeah I mean when the clinic gives you estimate for dates on my last cycle they didn't give me estimates and I didn't ask as I didn't want to get my hopes up because I usually have to stim for so long so estimates are useless! But this cycle I do need a guide so hopefully EPU doesn't fall on the day of my best friends wedding!! I don't know what I would do if it did....

DH GOT HIS LEAVE APPROVED!! We are off to the Gold Coast on Tuesday for a week... yay! We have been talking about going there for years to relive our childhood at all the themeparks and I will finally get to go to Australia zoo - feels so nice to be spontaneous... I NEVER do things like this!

Chiefsgirl I know what you mean... I have stimmed for 14 days on my 1st cycle then 16 days on my 2nd... it's torture! Hopefully they are maturing

Hposs - AWESOME numbers... congrats!!

Good luck to those with ET's and EPU's this week... I am out for dinner tonight for a girlfriends birthday - I don't care at the moment so going to enjoy a glass of wine! Abstaining from the stuff hasn't gotten me anywhere so going to relax and enjoy it
    Last edited by Jb2011; 11-09-2013 at 14:00.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Chiefsgirl I know what you mean... I have stimmed for 14 days on my 1st cycle then 16 days on my 2nd... it's torture! Hopefully they are maturing
    just did a count and I will be stimming for 16 days this cycle too!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettie For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All, I have never joined a forum before but there seems to be so much support on here I could resist. I have half way through my first IVF cycle (hopefully my last, but I'm sure we all hope this). My EPU was yesterday...6 eggs and got the new this morning that 5 have fertilised. Was disappointed with 6 at first but pretty happy that 5 fertilised. Seriously though, I did not get a wink of sleep last night and could not stop thinking about my potential babies in a petrie dish...Hoping for an ET this Friday and then the agonising 2ww. Wishing everyone the best of luck....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MakingNo2 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Relax and have a great time tonight JB....and how awesome you are going to the Gold Coast! Woo Hoo! I miss Qld so much, we lived there for 14 years but came back to Melbourne about 4 years ago...we go back as often as we can Welcome MakingNumber2All the best for your journeyyou get your BFP first time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome makingnumber2 and annerley! It is a great supportive thread. I hope it brings us all good luck!

Chiefsgirl, how frustrating for you. The waiting is so much worse than all the physical stuff. It drives me crazy. Great numbers though, good luck for the next scan.

As for me, I got another call from the nurse today to say that although yesterday we had 12 fertilised, we've had a late starter so now we have 13 and none have dropped off! I hope that little late bloomer is our lucky one! I know lots will drop off from tomorrow onwards but still thrilled with the result as it's the best we've had by far. Transfer is Saturday.

Hope everyone else is travelling ok. Can't look back for personals on iPad.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hposs For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (11-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome annerley and makingno2. Keep us updated makingno2 re the epu

Hposs, I hope they fertilised and this is your cycle.

JB enjoy the dinner with some wine. Can't always do things by the book. I actually think a glass of wine every now and then is good. And yay for Gold Coast.

Did anyone quit coffee or intense exercising during IVF?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for such a warm welcome ladies!
    I also appreciate the warning about possible weight gain once I start jabbing. I have lost about 2kgs in the last couple of weeks, all whilst being a bit slack on exercising so not sure whether having to start back on the pill us caused the weight loss. Anyone else experienced this? from what others have been through, it looks like the kgs may come back soon as I start stims in 8days time. Not to worry about possible weight gain though because I'm sure we'll all be putting on baby weight soon anyway, right?
    It's also good to know that the stims may go on for so long, I knew that I'd be monitored over a few days but had no idea that it may go on for that long!
    It sounds like you ladies have mostly had great numbers as well! I have no idea how many to expect but know I won't know until I'm there Anyone got any tips for getting through the EPU, my clinic does it with twilight sedation. I'm not worried now but think ill get a bit anxious as it gets closer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Transfer Saturday hposs!! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JB enjoy your break in qld - I haven't gone to those parks in years!

Bettie- it's crazy isn't it? Although I think I'm going to get the most eggs ever this time and they're bigger than normal so we'll see.

Welcome makingno2- I would love to get 6 eggs, the most I have ever got is 4. But really, when it comes down to it, we only need one!

Minib- my FS has encouraged me to continue exercising as much as normal during stimming, and to continue exercising after et just moderately tho. She believes women who don't do ivf and know what is going on at every minute continue exercising up till a missed period! She thinks its good for blood flow and releases endorphins and helps us relax. I did a spin and abs class tonight and feel so much better for it. I haven't had more than one max two coffees per day all year!

Annerley, I've been on a diet most of the year and have been struggling to lose weight, I went to a dietician just before starting this cycle and she's been a great help. I didn't put on any weight till I started stimming, but I can tell its just in my belly which is bloated. I normally put a bit on, then it comes off after epu. My clinic does a light sedation, which is probably twilight. My first time I was out to it and don't remember anything, second time I came aware during the procedure, it was uncomfortable, but not painful, it felt traumatic at the time because I wasn't prepared, but now I know it's a possibility I'll be fine. One of the ladies on another thread said she was aware and talking to them on everyone of her epu's! Something about if you're more relaxed beforehand you stay under longer.

Hposs, great news on your fertilisation rate! Fingers crossed they all keep going.

Sorry if I missed anyone!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (12-09-2013),Bettie  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Did anyone quit coffee or intense exercising during IVF?
    Yeah I've cut the coffee and switched to de-cafe tea & coffee. Also try not to eat much chocolate to really make sure the caffeine levels are kept super low