Closed Thread
Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck for your transfer on Thursday Buns this is the one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca85, glad u had a nice time away. Make sure u enjoy your bd, you deserve it. Emzy5 - gl hope you see those 2 lines very soon. Chiefgirl glad to hear you have good results, gl for Wed. Jb, love the card, those words are so very true. Megsrama - Will keep my your frostie makes it. I too haven't had a chance to get to ET so know how u feel. Welcome CassyJ Buns, gl for your FET on Thursday. Sharlee- hope your new FS apt goes well. hposs, what great nos, u must be so pleased heartstringz - injections aren't so bad, I was nervous at 1st but got used to them. I find the blood tests worse. Mgc gl with your next round. I finally have things moving along, CD1 for me today, must say I feel like Ive been hit by a bus , booked in with IVF nurse for a day 20 apt, for my ultrasound, then its on next cycle, cant wait to get started now!!.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (10-09-2013),Emzy5  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Megsarsma26 trip cancelled no one to baby sit my fur babies ive even offered bloomin 100 bucks a day doesn't anyone want to earn easy money these days argh!!!!! My furbabies mean the world to me so if I can't go ill just have to make do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question for those of you who have done this before - will I need a recovery day after my ET? I'm taking that day off as I have plenty of sick leave but trying to work out if I should book a 2nd day off as well.

Also, EPU is on a Friday so do you think I'll be alright for work on the Monday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Quick question for those of you who have done this before - will I need a recovery day after my ET? I'm taking that day off as I have plenty of sick leave but trying to work out if I should book a 2nd day off as well.

Also, EPU is on a Friday so do you think I'll be alright for work on the Monday?
    Hi Heartstringz, I was fine after ET and went back to work the following day. Was also fine on the day of ET, but just took it easy anyway. My EPU was on a Friday and felt pretty good afterward, I had the Monday off but only because I had to do the progesterone pessaries 4 times per day and it was too hard to do this when I was @ work. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think it all depends on how your procedure goes...most ladies are fine straight after but I ended up with OHSS and it took two weeks to recover and 2 days in hospital blahhh...they retrieved 21 eggs so mine is a rare case I think. from what I hear from other ladies most of the time you only need a day Best of luck for EPU! sending lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb2011 - Thanks for updating the roll call. I hope your timeline is accurate so it doesn’t interfered in your friend’s wedding. I’m happy to hear that you’ve planned a trip. It’s good that you are taking care of yourself! I also love the card, such true words.

Megsarama26 - I’m not sure what type of cycle this is, but I start with the lucrin injections on 22 September, come off the pill on 26 September, start FSH injections on 4 October and EPU is scheduled for 16 October. I’m just so excited that things are going to start happening and I don’t have to wait anymore! I can’t imagine how hard your job is for you and I really do feel for you. You must see so many unfair situations. The girls are right when they say you have the hardest job. Hopefully AF doesn’t take too long to arrive. I’m so sorry to hear about all of these people falling pregnant or having babies around you. The fact that someone took your name is just horrible, but it means that you will come up with a better name when it’s your turn. I’m sending you a really big hug.

Chiefsgirl - I truly to hope you are pregnant for your 40th. What an amazing present that would be! Unfortunately life never turns out the way we had expected it too.

Becca85 - I’m only 30 and though I would be pregnant with my second by now, not still trying for my first. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter how much time passes, what matters is that we fought to get what we truly wanted and that our babies will always be loved no matter what. We will all get there! And I agree with Chiefsgirl, having DH makes me a very lucky woman. And I totally second what Jb said!

CassyJ - Welcome to the thread. What medications did you get? I hope AF doesn’t take too long to arrive for you.

Frances - Good luck this week!!!

Sharlee32 - That’s such great news that they will be here so quickly. Hopefully Wazza has a cancellation a little earlier than your appointment and you can see him before then. I like your idea about the bottle of wine for Christmas. I might steal that idea from you if that’s okay!

Buns - Best of luck with your transfer on Thursday. Acupuncture is a great idea. I am keeping everything crossed for you!

Bettie - What does that mean for you? Sorry, I’m still so new to all of this.

Hposs - That is brilliant!! Wow, 18 eggs is great. Hopefully you have some really good fighters in there!

Heartstringz - I was completely freaked out about it too, but then I realised that this is the only way I will ever have a baby and it made everything seem okay - and so did the positivity from the ladies in here. I hope you start feeling a little less worried about it all soon. Just visualise yourself holding your own baby when you start freaking out too much. Hopefully this will help.

MGCBertie - Yay for not having to wait to start your cycle!!

Booboo78 - I’m glad things have started moving along for you. I hope you feel better soon though, that pain is just the worst.

Loco - I understand completely about your fur babies. I have two and never do anything if it means they won’t be looked after by someone. They are my world!

I hope I haven't missed anyone

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (10-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Heartstringz, I think it truly depends on how many eggs you get as to how your recovery is. I've only had 2 and 4 eggs so my recovery was pretty good. I took the day off for EPU and then went back to work the next day. I was a little sore, but I'm an EA, so sit down most of the day! ET has always been a Saturday, this will probably be my first one during the week. At my clinic they have you come in during the middle of the day, so I'll take the day off. Just so it's easier for me, rather than through any pain.

Sandr13 - that sounds pretty much like my first two cycles which were called long down regulated cycles.

to everyone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Sandra13  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning, well had my scan this morning, 14 on the left and 9 on the right!

Some are only just 10mm though, lead one was 15mm I think. Started the Orgalutra today, had to take it in the work bathroom which felt a little gross and it does sting a bit, but not as bad as I thought it would.

Trigger will either be on the 12th or the 14th. I've asked if it can be the 12th as that will mean I won't have to change all my flights and accommodation, bit worried with the later date that we'd have issues with footy finals and school holidays snapping up all the flights and accommodation and with so many follicles I think i few slow ones won't be an issue.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bettie For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    will I need a recovery day after my ET?
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to have the whole day off for ET just so you can be relaxed about it, but it really is no different to a pap smear so you should be fine and with the whole weekend for recover for EPU you should be fine unless you get some OHSS, i had it mildly for my last cycle and it took me 3 days to feel up to leaving the house but I think I could have worked from home, so this cycle I have arranged that with my boss