Closed Thread
Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    so I have done a quick catch up, and I apologise for anyone I miss, and the short responses.
    Heartstringz - That's great that you have dates. I hope the time flys by fast for you!
    Jb - Sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled but that's great that you have a plan in place. fingers crossed that the melatonin gives your eggs a boost and that the busy month you have makes the time pass by super fast. I know its an ols question but we are with Melbourne IVF. I asked our FS about another stim cycle first but with the OHSS this time he wants to try the FET.
    BooBoo - I watch 16 and pregnant (I don't know why, its torture) most of them shouldn't be allowed to get pregnant (I know that's super judgy, but oh well) Sorry to hear about your work colleague
    IVFforbaby - Sorry to hear about your loss and that your SIL is pregnant. Its so hard when people your close to get the news you want. Big hugs.
    Loco- Isn't it funny how IVF makes you look forward to AF. Yay for only 4 weeks away. Have fun in Malaysia. Where abouts are you going? I got married in Malaysia 6 months ago (in Langkawi) it was amazing.
    Becca - I wanted to have my family completed by the age of 28 too (and I'm soon to be 29) It really does suck. I hope this is your cycle. It must have been so frustrating having such long spaces between AF when trying, I'm glad the hypnotherapy worked for you. I hope AF arrived this week?
    MrsSG - Where do you go for acupuncture? the lady I was seeing was newly graduated from uni and was pretty inexperienced. I would like someone who is a little more practiced. I also thought the Orgalutran (oranguang!) stung, I felt better giving it myself rather than DH but I'm a midwife so I think the idea of DH doing it frightened me when I give injections to people all the time. And I agree, peoples reactions are so frustrating. We have stopped telling people too but that is what this thread is for, we all get it =)
    Francesthecat - My fingers are crossed for you. Its good that you have given yourself options/pan for back up.
    Emzy- Hold in there, hopefully the next week goes quickly for you.
    Bettie - I knit too! Its a great distraction. What a shame Hobart doesn't do PGD. GL with your scan tomorrow and I hope your feeling better from your cold.
    Chiefsgirl - Even though the orgaulran stings at least it lets your know your in a cycle and hopefully closer to the end goal =) I thought it hurt less each day, or maybe you just get use to it a bit? How are you going with it all?
    Nicole - I hope AF has arrived so you can mentally move on. I have never had a late period so I cant really help out there. Sorry.
    Hposs - I hope your EPU went well and that your feeling ok. You had so many follicles pre pick up. Did your FS tell you how many he retrieved? Fingers crossed its good numbers for you. Thank you for your kind words on the 27/8, they really made me smile =)
    Sandra - that is great that you had a breakthrough and even better that you are feeling so positive. When do you start? have you got dates?
    Sharlee - Fingers crossed for your FET in October with you new clinic. Was it a hassle changing over?
    Buns - How did your scan go?
    MiniB - I'd handwritten notes so I could reply to everyone and I have misplaced the notes I had for you... sorry. How are you travelling?

Jb, I relate to your work situation. I am a midwife and I spend 1/4 of my time in an antenatal clinic educating pregnant women and assessing the pregnancy, 1/4 of my time birthing babies, 1/4 of my time caring for women/babies/familys in postnatal ward and 1/4 of my time doing home visits and watching the happy families with their new babies. I use to be such a passionate midwife and now my career is my own personal hell. I see so many women who do not want their children, do all kinds of drugs, come from prison (guards and all while they stay in hospital - the babies go back to prison with the mums until they are 7), have children in DHS, and women who complain about EVERYTHING!

AFM - I am just waiting for AF, I'm currently CD15 of a 31cycle. I really hope our little frostie survives the thaw, even if it doesn't stick - cause then at least we have had a go at transferring something! Because of the low numbers FS has sent DH and I off for Karyotyping - maybe that will give us the answer we have been waiting for, maybe there is a genetic reason. Then at least we can PGD and hav a better idea of our embryos.
    My best friend brought her baby over and complained about all kinds of things. Since being pregnant and having a baby she has become so insensitive. Another friend had her baby 3 days ago (and used the name my DH and I have had for 3 years). I was so upset. and another friend announced her pregnancy a few days ago and they had only been trying for 2 months. But despite all of that I am still trying to smile and just hoping one day it will be our turn.
    I hope everyone is well.
    Sending lots of good vibes to all.
    Xx

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Megsarama26 For This Useful Post:

Bettie  (09-09-2013),Chiefsgirl  (09-09-2013),francesthecat  (09-09-2013),LoCo  (09-09-2013),Sharlee32  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Megsrama not that is a competition but you win in the category of "hardest job to do whilst TTC" - wow! The strength you must have I think I would be losing the plot!!! I can only imagine all the things you must see that frustrate you... tough job.

Megs covered the personals all very well and not to seem lazy but I 2nd all of what she said and sending extra sticky vibes to francesthecat !! Welcome to the newbies - I hope all of us graduate from this thread (maybe a few will spill in to Nov!)

AFM: I worked out my timeline on my next down reg cycle and estimated EPU is 31/10... I have tried to steer clear of timelines as i have gotten my hopes up before but my best friends wedding is on the 26/10 so I had to figure it out... I am matron of honour too so I can't miss it! Have sent timeline off to my nurse so hopefully I got it right.

Just waiting on DHs leave to get approved then hopefully we will be away from the 17th-24th of September - yay!!! I have never been spontaneous and planned a trip a week out so it feels rather exhilarating!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (09-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Megsrama not that is a competition but you win in the category of "hardest job to do whilst TTC" - wow! The strength you must have I think I would be losing the plot!!! I can only imagine all the things you must see that frustrate you... tough job.

I second that! you truly are a strong woman to be able to handle that everyday while ttc!

Megsarama, I do think the orgalutran is easier the more you do. I have only ever done the injections myself, I'm much more of a shove it in there, press the plunger and get it over with. DH would be humming an ahhhing about how to put the needle in without hurting me that it would take an hour and hurt the whole time!

Becca, I'm currently planning my 40th which will be xmas eve, and hoping to be pregnant at the time this cycle is my BFP. I thought i was going to have all my babies by the time i was 30, but unfortunately was single all through my 20's and had virtually given up on finding my prince charming till he came along in my 30's. unfortunately for him and me, we took our time deciding to get married and have babies, thinking we had all the time in the world - how wrong we were. I'm nearly menopausal and struggling, but at least i have a loving supportive partner - as I'm sure you do too. Whatever the outcome, remember you have him which is so much more than some

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Megsarama26  (09-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    I don't want to have yet another birthday without bring pregnant, I feel like we're losing time and things aren't going to plan at all. I wanted to be done having kids by now but now we don't know if it'll even ever happen. I really don't want to celebrate my birthday but I also feel that if I don't at least do dinner, It'll be the start of me really cutting myself off from the people around me and that's not a good thing. This is just so emotionally draining.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1378701689.919515.jpg

Becca I know exactly how you feel... it's so hard to get past all of this. I have attached a card my Dad gave me a couple of months ago... it is SO true and since reading this from the psychologist I am going to see I realised I need to enjoy my life more.

"When I work with IVF patients at my private practice or at the clinic I do focus on supporting patients in shifting their attention a little away from having a baby when they can, and re-engaging with other aspects of their lives, so that their lives can continue to progress and be pleasurable even while treatment goes on. This is a real challenge for most women doing IVF because it just takes over their minds and their lives!"

In every other aspect of my life I am so happy and lucky - loving family, wonderful husband, gorgeous dog, lovely home, great friends, fun job, have had relaxing/adventurous holidays and although none of this makes it easier to accept the challenge of having a baby it just makes me realise how much I do have in my life which is a lot more than many.

Chin up Becca... go out and enjoy your birthday - you deserve it xx
    Last edited by Jb2011; 09-09-2013 at 14:47.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-09-2013),Emzy5  (09-09-2013),Megsarama26  (09-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl sounds like your follies are doing wonderfully well! for EPU on Saturday Butterfly thanks for the info, my last shot is tomorrow of 1500IU so if I wait 7 days for that to be out of my system it takes me to the 17th and my BT is on the 18th anyways so I think I'll have to wait Magsarama, you are a strong woman, how you have contained yourself to this point is a feat in itself, Im sure I would've blurted out "shut your pie hole" to your inconsiderate friend by now! Just keep remembering that your time is coming, super big hugs to you and JB have an amazing time on your break away, its well deserved relax and enjoy!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-09-2013),Megsarama26  (09-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Attachment 41918

Becca I know exactly how you feel... it's so hard to get past all of this. I have attached a card my Dad gave me a couple of months ago... it is SO true and since reading this from the psychologist I am going to see I realised I need to enjoy my life more.

"When I work with IVF patients at my private practice or at the clinic I do focus on supporting patients in shifting their attention a little away from having a baby when they can, and re-engaging with other aspects of their lives, so that their lives can continue to progress and be pleasurable even while treatment goes on. This is a real challenge for most women doing IVF because it just takes over their minds and their lives!"

In every other aspect of my life I am so happy and lucky - loving family, wonderful husband, gorgeous dog, lovely home, great friends, fun job, have had relaxing/adventurous holidays and although none of this makes it easier to accept the challenge of having a baby it just makes me realise how much I do have in my life which is a lot more than many.

Chin up Becca... go out and enjoy your birthday - you deserve it xx
    Beautifully said JB!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

First off massive to you all.

This is my first cycle and saw my nurse this morning and collected my first lot of medications. Holy moly its so overwhelming!!!

I have never wanted AF to show up so much before! Its so nice to have a bunch of lovely ladies like you all to share my journey with. Like a lot of you the only people who know about this is my mum and best friend we didnt want all of our family and friends knowing.

well heres to a month of many emotions and highs and lows!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megsarama 26 well done you on the personals. I agree with JB and Cheifsgirl you win hands down. That just broke my heart a little bit thinking of those poor babies in prison. My DH often says to me that is the part he finds the hardest is that so many *mongrels* of society can breed, breed, breed when they don't even want children when there are others who would and do give their all to have a baby and have to struggle so hard for it.

Cheifsgirl I hear you on that I too thought I'd be a mummy by 30 but hopefully this year will be our year

Frances good luck this week, I hope your HCG's just sky rocket for you.

Emzy when can you HPT? When is the pregnyl out of your system by?

Well my embryo transfer (accross clinics) has being easy. Actually the embryologist? called me fro QFG last week and said that my embies wil be here on the 3oth of Sep. She has asked for my old clinic to bring them up so it will save me $400 shipping fee. I was so happy with that as already there seems to be that extra level of service and my cycle hasn't begun yet. I see the new FS in a couple of weeks & I am super keen to get more tests done. From there I wil determine if I transfer one or both of my remainign frosties. I have already made an appoitment for March next year to see Wazza thoug in anticipation that my last cycles most likely won't work out and he has a huge waiting time so it was the earliest I could get in to him. I told DH if we aren't pregnant by x'mas I am buying myself a very expensive bottle of red wine for me to drink on the day (2 bottles if I have to share).

Hello to all the other lovely ladies cycling or cycling soonish ATM . xo.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (09-09-2013),francesthecat  (09-09-2013),Megsarama26  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

My last wednesday scan with my FS was ok. She said, my lining was still in the early stages so she decided to put me on an artificial cycle. Since then, I was popping progynova 2x a day. (I was hoping for a natural cycle)

2nd u/s scan was today and all went well.. I responded pretty good with the hormone so my FS said, my FET transfer will be on thursday. I forgot to ask how many mm was my lining but it must have reached the ideal thickness.

the only bad side, I have throbbing headaches because of progynova did anyone experienced this?

I am going to have a pre&post acupuncture sesh on Thursday. Hope everything goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by buns View Post
    Hello ladies,

My last wednesday scan with my FS was ok. She said, my lining was still in the early stages so she decided to put me on an artificial cycle. Since then, I was popping progynova 2x a day. (I was hoping for a natural cycle)

2nd u/s scan was today and all went well.. I responded pretty good with the hormone so my FS said, my FET transfer will be on thursday. I forgot to ask how many mm was my lining but it must have reached the ideal thickness.

the only bad side, I have throbbing headaches because of progynova did anyone experienced this?

I am going to have a pre&post acupuncture sesh on Thursday. Hope everything goes well.
    I was on prognoyva 2 x 3 times a day and I got head aches from them pretty much straight away as soon as I began taking it. I found they improved after a couple of weeks on them though.

Good luck with frozen transfer