Closed Thread
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi JB, we have been trying for 18 months. We always said to give ourselves 12 months before deciding on the next step. After a few months of trying, I tried acupuncture but that didn't help. I have quite a regular cycle (30 days) so didn't think too much of it. But after over a year, we agreed it is time to do more specific check ups. Our doctor confirmed after a laparoscopic that I have good tubes, no endo, etc. My husband unfortunately has antibodies in his sperm and also high number of abnormal sperm. We could keep trying and wait for a miracle. Or go for ivf. The doctor suggested ivf as our only option.

So here we are, ready for ivf. Have submitted all paperwork, just waiting to meet the nurse, accounts and counsellor.

We were upset but after a few days I was really relieved. It explain why we couldn't fall pregnant. And I'm quite excited that there's a solution for us. I can't wait to get started because it's one step closer to have a baby. Not sure if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We will do ICSI. Stimulated ivf down regulation treatment cycle. Takes around 6-8 weeks. Not quite sure what's involved yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone and gl , Minib it is very daunting at first but as you said its better to know than to not, now you can move forward with the best chance. These are the changes I will be doing from 1st cycle, uping my puregon dose from 200 to 250. Will be using diff med called synarel (nasal spray) instead of orgalutron. Started taking dhea to help improve egg nos and quality, apart from that will continue to do acupuncture and try and eat as healthy as I can
    Last edited by Booboo78; 31-07-2013 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I saw my FS yesterday and so am waiting for AF to arrive to start pill popping. I'll then do stims/epu/transfer in sep with the tww in oct!

I am 39 and have low AMH (1.5), DH is normal!

This will be my third IVF round. First one was 2 eggs collected and fertilized, one transfer-Bfn

Second was 4 eggs 2 fertilized, 2 transfer - BFN

No changes to the long down cycle, pill popping for a cpl of weeks when AF arrives then 450 gonal f and 10 lucrin. This time I am going to be participating in a study for older women with low egg numbers, maybe get a growth hormone, maybe get a placebo.

I've read that bathing in Epsom salts is good for fertility too. Something about detoxing and stimulating natural dhea hormone - don't have a bath, but read that soaking ur feet will do it.

I'm also going to be using a magnesium spray, apparently that can help as well.

Last cycle I just took folate with iodine, this time I'll also be taking coq10 and fish oil as well.

Good luck with the wait, it's terrible isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chiefsgirl. Sorry to hear you're joining us in this thread. Hopefully Sept/Oct will be the lucky months for some if us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed Becca that sep/oct is all our months !! We got married in October so it's a special month for us and to get a BFP in it would be amazing!!

Chiefsgirl all those things sound very interesting. What is the magnesium spray? Where do you get it? What is it supposed to do? If you don't mind me asking? Ill try just about anything for this cycle!

Where do you get Epsom salts from? Footbaths are awesome so happy to try that out!

I started a list of things: tips from my FS, what I did etc which ill post on Saturday when I have my computer back. DH & I are having a mini city break out for dinner tonight and looking forward to (one!) glass of red wine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jb2011- I got the magnesium oil and Epsom salts from blants.com.au. They have lots of info on there about both of them. Essentially the salt is a muscle relaxer and helps to detox the body, it's best to put It in a bath, but we don't have one, so footbath it is! The magnesium oil is just a different delivery, instead so taking a tablet, you take the magnesium in through the skin. It's supposed to be a much better way of getting it as the stomach acids dilute the tablets. It helps your body absorb other minerals that you need and apparently can help your body create its own dhea hormone or something like that!

I'm willing to try anything to get better eggs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I got another BFN today :-((
    Will probably only do one more cycle with my own eggs, probably at beginning of October, as will take a little break to research and get some second opinions.
    Sitting eating comfort food - charcoal chicken, chips and chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you're joining us MCG Bertie. :-(

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC so sorry for for BFN - it sucks! That's the best description... SUCKS! Getting a 2nd opinion is a great idea... I saw a new FS for my next cycle and felt so good after seeing her. A fresh set of eyes on all you history can make such a difference!

Big hugs to you and enjoy your chips, chicken & chocolate xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-08-2013)