Closed Thread
Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. I haven't told my boss & unless I really really have to I don't intend to. Lets just say that I don't get along with either my supervisor or manager & I don't find either of them to be at all approachable. They might be fine about it but I just really don't know. Also, I'm on contract with the Qld Public Service & they are now talking about more job cuts - I know they can't fire me for ivf/pregnancy but I can't help wondering if it will influence their decision when deciding who to sack. Given how unstable the Qld public sector is at the moment I just don't think it's worth taking the risk.

I just have to figure out how to get around all the time off - thanks for the tip Sandra, I'll have to find out if I can take some rec leave during my EPU/ET time - i know we'll be doing a five day transfer because of PGD but I guess I could take that whole time off.

I'm with QFG. I'll probably say something next time we go in about how upset I was today regarding being stuffed around. They also stuffed us around previously as they had to send our PGD work-up stuff to a lab in Melbourne - but then the Melbourne lab took forever to do it & would not give a timeline/were being evasive as to how long it would take etc. We finally manage to get an answer out of them & then we get stuffed around by people not communicating. I'm really over this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra13 View Post
    I really do hope that the day has gotten better for you most of you. If it hasn't, then there's nothing wrong with that. Don't ever feel guilty for feeling a bit down on a particular day. Unfortunately this happens to most of us. Just remember that you are a fighter and this journey will not beat you, it will only make you stronger. One day it will all be worth it .... Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Sandra thank you for this the words really made me feel inspired

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklemonkey For This Useful Post:

Sandra13  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just a short one from me, I'm still recuperating from a sinus and chest infection!

I'm so sorry some of you are having a hard time. This really is an emotional roller coaster we're all on. I just thank you all for sharing the journey - nobody else truly understands what we go through. So feel free to vent here- it's the best place to do so, we know where you're coming from.

Jb2011 what do you mean by calcium activation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks needed to hear that Sandra heartstringz Im keeping it low key with work also, I can just imagine if I told one person it will be around the office by mid day, Im also not the closest with my boss, she isn't the most supportive even when people r sick she is very untrusting. I think I will be keeping it this way, I have thought about telling one lady I am close to there but something keeps holding me back - once Ive told theres no going back. Some really love the extra support though and it can work better for them. Lucky with my work I have flexible hrs so I can start later and leave earlier if need be. Feel better chiefsgirl, hope you r over the worst of it. Your so right no one else gets it and never will, thankfully we have this forum that helps so much. We will be doing the calcium activation also here is a link below - its added to the egg/sperm to hopefully assist fertilisation rates - http://www.fertile.com/Calcium-ICSI.html. How is your jabbing going? do u know roughly when ET will be?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree, that was very inspiring Sandra we all need a little pick me up/inspiration sometimes!

I haven't told my work either... fortunately I am self employed - just on contract so I can take days off whenever I need although I try my best to accommodate them and swap my work days around. This time around I am going to take off from EPU to the day after ET and my excuse is sciatica! I've had it before and it's horrible and debilitating so the last thing I would be able to do is look after children aged 18mths-5yrs.

Thanks for answering the calcium activation question booboo... I am really hoping we have better results this time! Have you used it before?

Not sure if you were asking me or chiefsgirl about jabs and ET but if it was me then the jabs have been totally fine - it's actually sureal that I am cycling as I am not talking about it with anyone it doesn't really feel like it is happening! I have my 1st scan and BT tomorrow so will be good to see what's happening, I have no idea about ET - I haven't asked because the last 2 cycles it just got my hopes up!! Will just take each day as it comes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Megs I'm sorry about your numbers, I know that gutted feeling, but the fact you got one for freezing is a good sign. They don't freeze unless they are good quality. We have only ever had one frostie and that was my BFP.

Re supplements, I am taking Blackmores conceive well gold, vitamin E, CoQ10 and vitamin C.

I told my boss after my second unsuccessful cycle and although he was a bit funny about it at first, I'm now glad I did. most of my friends and family know too. I don't talk to many people about it but I find that if they know they are a bit more sensitive and don't rub new babies/pregnancy in my face. Just about every one of my friends is pregnant or has a baby already so it's hard to avoid.

AFM, blood test tomorrow then potentially starting injections on Thursday. Just wish I could fast forward to the end! I don't have much faith in a stim cycle seeing I've only had success on a FET, but I'm still hoping.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better today now that I've had time to get over the frustration of yesterday & accepting that I'm back on the 'waiting' train again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have told my boss that we are doing ivf but not the CEO, we are a small 9 person office so everyone pretty much knows everyone's business. The best thing about my boss is she is a really good friend so it helps. I haven't been at work for the last 8 days due to other issues so I doubt I'll be having any time off during my cycle when I start end of October.
    I have my scan and blood tests tomorrow . Boy I don't miss the internal scans lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been very quiet.

JB, can you please update the roll call. So I went to see the FS and turned out my amh hormone leve was high. So the FS changed my treatment to antagonist. I have missed the last cycle and waiting for AF to show so I can start my meds. I'm hoping to start mid September now

Sorry ladies for the short reply. Will reply more when I have caught up with what's been happening

Babydust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB, how did the scan and BT go?

MGC, sorry that you've been on this journey for quite a while. Hang in there.

Megsarama, which clinic do you go to?

Heartstringz, sorry that the clinic stuffed you around. Waiting sucks. That's what I'm doing is month. Thought I was starting in August and then had to wait a month in the end.