I know it's a while away but will be here before you know it! Thought it would be nice to get to know each other before starting the journey for either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or how every many times you've been on this roller coaster!
Let's hope we all get the joy of announcing to family and friends we are expecting around Christmas time - a dream come true...
Tip, Hints & Advice from Specialists, Dr. Google, Fellow Bubhubbers and old wives tales!
Tips from Dr. Lynn Burmeister (Twitter @DrlynnB)
- Women who experience an early pregnancy loss after IVF have a higher chance of getting pregnant in subsequent cycles
- Melatonin has been shown to improve egg quality
- Having your fallopian tubes flushed and your lining biopsied improves your natural pregnancy rate
- Regular exposure to your partners sperm before ovulation improve pregnancy rates - makes the uterus more receptive to the embryo
- Delaying successive IVF cycles for 2 or more menstrual cycles does not improve pregnancy rates - you can start IVF after a month break!
- Having a practice embryo transfer = no embryo in transfer catheter = prior to commencing IVF helps improve pregnancy rates
- IVF Fact: 1000IU of Vitamin E daily helps to improve endometrial lining
- Fertility Fact: Ultrasound guided embryo transfer improves pregnancy rates over doing a transfer without ultrasound.
- Fertility Fact - Accupuncture on day of embryo transfer improves your chance of achieving a pregnancy by 1.8 times
- Fertility Fact - Intercourse the night before embryo transfer improves the implantation of the embryo and your chance of pregnancy
- Fertility Fact - an endometrial biopsy in the second half of your cycle prior to IVF can improve implantation
Things to help with implantation
– Random information gathered – possibly all old wives tales but can’t hurt right?
- Eating eggs the morning of the transfer
- Eating real Turkey before transfer – maybe dinner the night before?
- Pineapple core (in moderation) – for 5 days after transfer
- Grape juice (in moderation) - One small glass of 100% grape juice for breakfast only.
- Drinking lots of milk, eating protein especially nuts and in particular brazil nuts
Things to increase blood flow
When I saw a natropath last year before going off the pill in preparation for pregnancy she said to eat “warming foods” eg: porridge, soups etc things that warm your body & soul! They help nourish and warm the uterus.
- My acupuncturist said to eat lots of green veggies so my mum made me a soup of spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onion, garlic and cauliflower – it was delicious! I ate is daily.
- Baby aspirin – I don’t know much about this one…? 81mg daily which is said to also promote blood flow and inhibit coagulation of the blood
- Light exercise like walking which helps promote blood flow to the uterus
Tips from a Natropath
- Cut back on alcohol and caffeine
- No smoking (smoking during pregnancy not only affects the health of your baby, if you’re having a girl it can affect her ovarian reserve and the last thing we want is our babies suffering from infertility!
- No strenuous exercise that raises your core body temperature
- Avoid cleaning with heavy duty cleaning products
- Minimise mobile phone exposure - put on airplane mode whenever possible
- Try to relax
- Visualise a healthy body, blood flow and oxygen flowing through your body (she told me to to this after I said i feel like I am jinxing myself visualising being pregnant so she said to visulise a bhealthy body instead)
- Breathe deeply by expanding your rib cage to increase oxygen flow to all of your body.
All easier said than done!
- Epsom Salt bath (or foot bath) - I've read that bathing in Epsom salts is good for fertility too. Something about detoxing and stimulating natural DHEA hormone. Essentially the salt is a muscle relaxer and helps to detox the body, it's best to put it in a bath, but we don't have one, so footbath it is!
- The magnesium oil is just a different delivery, instead so taking a tablet, you take the magnesium in through the skin. It's supposed to be a much better way of getting it as the stomach acids dilute the tablets. It helps your body absorb other minerals that you need and apparently can help your body create its own DHEA hormone or something like that!
- I got the magnesium oil and Epsom salts from blants.com.au. They have lots of info on there about both of them
- Two girls on BH had a 3 day transfer and 4 days after the transfer they had a BT to check hormone levels in case the embryo did implant if their hormones were at the right level to sustain a pregnancy and then their support was adjusted accordingly and guess what... both of them got their BFP's on their 1st cycle! So it's worth asking for this BT after transfer.
Please let me know any hints, tips, advice that we can share and I will add it!
- MrsSG - 1st stim cycle in September- nvandmv - 1st stim cycle in September
- Rainbow Rain -1st stim cycle in September
- Sandra13 - 1st stim cycle in Oct - Injections start 22/9 - Estimated EPU 16/10
- Minib - 1st stim cycle in September
- Sparklemonkey - 1st stim cycle in Oct
- Booboo78 - 2nd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
- Spring Rain - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
- Nise35 - stim cycle in Sep/Oct
- JB2011 - 4th stim cycle in October
- MGC Bertie - 6th stim cycle in October
- Heartstringz - IVF-PGD cycle Sept/Oct - Estimated EPU Oct 11th
- Buns - FET in September
- Becca85 - FET in September
- Loolu - FET in October
- Sharlee32 - FET in October
- Megsarama26 - FET in Sep/Oct
- LoCo - FET in October
- hposs - 3rd stim cycle - Synarel started 16/8
- stc76 - 3rd stim cycle - Injections started 26/8
- Chiefsgirl - 3rd stim cycle - EPU 14/9
- Jessie87 - 3rd stim cycle
- MrsCarlton - Natural BFP in "month off" - fingers crossed for BT!!!!!!
- Francesthecat -
GabberQueenN83 - ?