+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vegans! What is your favorite...

What are your favorite everyday vegan friendly things?
    It can be cosmetics, house hold cleaning, food, baby products, a company where you buy clothes, recipe books, homemade things or even a charity.

I'm still fairly new to the world of vegan.
    I'm still learning plenty of things, and going through the notions of changing every day products or looking for homemade ways.
    I'm always on the lookout for vegan friendly alternatives so throw your go-to vegan favorites at me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cupcakes. I bake vegan cupcakes often and they are delicious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This recipe is AMAZING!!!

Chocolate, Coconut Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut milk
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/3 cup canola oil
    1 1/2 t. cider vinegar
    1 t. vanilla extract
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup cocoa powder
    3/4 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. baking powder
    1/4 t. salt
    Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, canola oil, vinegar, and vanilla. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting with dairy-free frosting of choice.

Whipped Chocolate Glaze
    6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use dairy-free to keep vegan)
    1/2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream, for non-vegans)

Place chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl. Set aside.

On medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from scorching. Pour milk over the chocolate, making sure that the milk covers the chocolate. Allow to sit for several minutes before stirring until smooth. Allow frosting to rest on the counter until it cools down and thickens to a pipe-able consistency (anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes).

Beat the frosting for several minutes until it incorporates air and feels lighter. Place frosting in a pastry bag (or plastic bag with the corner cut out) and pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Fry's stuff. Dh loves the nuggets. I like the chicken style strips for stir fries. It's in the freezer at the supermarket.

There is a site called veggie num num and she has some awesome recepies.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am not a vegan, am in love with 2 vegan-friendly skincare products - Yuva's Antioxidant Hydrating Cream and Super Cleanse. It's seriously amazing... I am addicted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    This recipe is AMAZING!!!

Chocolate, Coconut Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut milk
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/3 cup canola oil
    1 1/2 t. cider vinegar
    1 t. vanilla extract
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup cocoa powder
    3/4 t. baking soda
    1/2 t. baking powder
    1/4 t. salt
    Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, canola oil, vinegar, and vanilla. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting with dairy-free frosting of choice.

Whipped Chocolate Glaze
    6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use dairy-free to keep vegan)
    1/2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream, for non-vegans)

Place chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl. Set aside.

On medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from scorching. Pour milk over the chocolate, making sure that the milk covers the chocolate. Allow to sit for several minutes before stirring until smooth. Allow frosting to rest on the counter until it cools down and thickens to a pipe-able consistency (anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes).

Beat the frosting for several minutes until it incorporates air and feels lighter. Place frosting in a pastry bag (or plastic bag with the corner cut out) and pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
    Yum!!!
    I will be making this one.
    Thanks for sharing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies
    Ill be on the look out for these products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    De Lorenzo shampoo and conditioner are vegan and amazing!
    Aroma baby have beautiful baby products and some of their products are vegan, it states which ones are on their website.
    Good old Nuttelex is a good substitute fpr butter/margerine and you can get it at pretty much any supermarket.
    There's so many products at aldi that sre vegan and they state it on the packet. They have a bread similar to helgas that is vegan and really nice.
    Can't think of anything else off the top of my head but will be back!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to haveheart For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also the cruelty free shop is a really good online store for everything vegan!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I like Wild Morsels. It's an Australia vegan cookbook. I think it's actually sold under a different name these days but it has some yummy recipes and the ingredients are all easy to find.

I agree with pp about Frys too. They are quite nice for the occassional night of processed rubbish.
    Sanitarium hotdogs are pretty good too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app