+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    THanks for the replies! I am wondering what toppings to freeze as well! Other than vegemite and cheese! lol.

I didn't find any problem doing kindy lunches on the day last year, however this yearI'm finding it takes a big chuck of my evening or morning routine to think about healthy ideas and pack 1-3 lunches every day. If they were happy with the same thing every day and I didn't have to be creative it might be easier, but getting into the second half of the year I am getting a lot of "I don't want that again".

I will need to cut up fresh fruit daily, so doing that times 3 is enough work, I am hoping to make the rest of it weekly in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I make lunches in the morning,it takes me 5-10 mins.I do a lot of baking and individually freeze it so I just grab it out of freezer in the morning.Thats the time saver for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I make lunches in the morning,it takes me 5-10 mins.I do a lot of baking and individually freeze it so I just grab it out of freezer in the morning.Thats the time saver for me!
    Any recipes?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also do baking and freeze weekly to save time and money.

I usually do a couple of batches of muffins/slices/pikelets/scones etc. I then grab a baked item from the freezer, make a sandwich, add fruit plus yoghurt, cheese crackers etc and pack lunch boxes the evening before. I also make things like pop corn in advance on non work days and keep them in zip lock bags to pop in lunch boxes.

With DS who is in part-time day- care I also have a stash of frozen meals (from dinner left-overs) for him in small containers in the freezer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I make school lunch 10mins before we run out the door.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Either the night before while I'm cleaning up the kitchen after dinner or I get up a little earlier in the morning

I normally make cakes or slice or something on Sunday afternoon & Wednesday afternoon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I usually make up school lunches the night before when I'm doing dinner. But occasionally, I will make up some sandwiches and freeze them (say if I've got a lot of meat to use up or something before it goes off).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    Yep. Same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandramm1 View Post
    I'm just wondering what sandwich toppings you freeze?
    Easier to say what doesnt freeze: lettuce, tomato, salad in general doesnt do well!

When i make up a loaf, i usually use: ham & cheese, ham & pickles, vegemite & cheese, peanut butter & jam, lemon butter & philly cheese, pastrami & mustard.

Like some pp's, i bake & freeze too. The day after "shopping day" is always "baking day" when i make brownies, blondies, muffins, cookies, mini-quiches, and cakes, slice up and individually wrap, then it all goes in a big bin in the chest freezer and each morning each lunchbox gets *a* sandwich and *a* snack (at random) plus two pieces of fresh fruit.

So easy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

sandramm1  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I make sandwiches in the morning each day but I make up & freeze big batches of banana bread & muffins, savoury scones, buns etc. every 3 weeks or so for easy snacks to go in the lunchbox.