+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I won't have any more than 2 small cans of tuna a week. But do try to have fresh salmon once a week. Check the guidelines, it's pretty straight forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had canned tuna since being pregnant about twice a week. Sometimes 3 and other weeks not at all. I have also had hot as in temperature , cooked fresh calamari from a busy and well known restraunt as well as Cooked hot prawns once from the same place. I love seafood ah can't wait till bubs born I am going to the fish markets

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read in a pregnancy recipe book that 2 small cans of tuna per week was fine. Canned tuna was fine whereas tuna steaks (ie large pieces of tuna) weren't- the reason being is that higher levels of mercury are found in big fish at the top of the food chain- the fish that eat the smaller fish. Tuna companies tend to can only the small tuna that they wouldn't be able to sell whole or as steaks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miss prawns. How do you have them hot? I have them in fried rice, but apart from that they are cold. Haven't had prawns since Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    I miss prawns. How do you have them hot? I have them in fried rice, but apart from that they are cold. Haven't had prawns since Christmas.
    Have a look at the Thai curry pumpkins soup with prawn recipe on the taste website. It's a new favourite for me

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    Surf n turf garlic butter & prawns on a steak...mmm...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prawns are often hot.
    You buy uncooked ones & cook them in a stir fry or curry or with garlic, or any number of common prawn dishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prawns in soup. Interesting. Not a fan of curry, or prawn cutlets, or anything crumbed really. Anyway, sorry about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it sounds strange but it is really really yummy. But if you don't like curry you probably wouldn't like it as it has quite a bit of a curry taste to it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    Yeah it sounds strange but it is really really yummy. But if you don't like curry you probably wouldn't like it as it has quite a bit of a curry taste to it
    Like a hot laksa!!! Yum

Idammed