+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you get over a cold QUICK?!

I have a head cold and feeling sick, sad and sorry for myself... I just want to hold dd!! What do you take/do to recover quick??

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I don't really think there is way to get over it quick.
    I guess just lots of rest, water... maybe pop a vitamin and see it through.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Lambylamb  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH's grandmother's remedy. It's pretty gross for some (I love it) but works a treat!
    In a pot put close to a whole bulb (not clove)of garlic (minced) a fairly decent whack of ginger (grated) zest from a lemon or two, juice from a lemon or two, some honey to taste and some water. Cook it until garlic is soft and cooked through. Drink (strained into your cup if you like- although put all the stuff you're strained back into the pot and you can just keep adding water plus or minus more lemon for a day or so to save making a new batch). Drink a couple of time a day atleast. When you go to bed slather Vicks over your chest and back and pile on loads of layers so you swear it out.
    You will stink but this always gets me better quicker!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Lambylamb  (28-07-2013),olismumma  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently used immunebiotic (from chemist) liquid. It did help. And my oldest DS took sambucol tablets and he was over his cold in less than a week but you have to take them within 48hrs of symptoms starting to be effective.

To hold bub while you have a cold get some face masks from the chemist and use hand sanitizer before picking her up
    Last edited by WiseOldOwl; 28-07-2013 at 07:55.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    My DH's grandmother's remedy. It's pretty gross for some (I love it) but works a treat!
    In a pot put close to a whole bulb (not clove)of garlic (minced) a fairly decent whack of ginger (grated) zest from a lemon or two, juice from a lemon or two, some honey to taste and some water. Cook it until garlic is soft and cooked through. Drink (strained into your cup if you like- although put all the stuff you're strained back into the pot and you can just keep adding water plus or minus more lemon for a day or so to save making a new batch). Drink a couple of time a day atleast. When you go to bed slather Vicks over your chest and back and pile on loads of layers so you swear it out.
    You will stink but this always gets me better quicker!
    I would try this but don't have any ginger at home, sounds good though :-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I recently used immunebiotic (from chemist) liquid. It did help. And my oldest DS took sambucol tablets and he was over his cold in less than a week but you have to take them within 48hrs of symptoms starting to be effective.

To hold bub while you have a cold get some face masks from the chemist and use hand sanitizer before picking her up
    Did u take immunebiotic before getting sick? I have dh at home so thankfully he can look after dd today, I hope she doesn't get sick :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    I would try this but don't have any ginger at home, sounds good though :-)

Try it without the ginger. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and the lemon is the vitamin c component. Sometimes we make it with out the ginger if we are out too. Ginger is the anti-inflammatory component.
    I quite like the 'witches brew' as i LOVE garlic. Poor DH, having to sleep next to me all garlic and Vicks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Did u take immunebiotic before getting sick? I have dh at home so thankfully he can look after dd today, I hope she doesn't get sick :-(

I started taking it on the second day.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just chew as many Vitamin C as I can through out the day. Stay close to a toilet at first though...it can give you the runs at first.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BubblesK View Post
    Try it without the ginger. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and the lemon is the vitamin c component. Sometimes we make it with out the ginger if we are out too. Ginger is the anti-inflammatory component.
    I quite like the 'witches brew' as i LOVE garlic. Poor DH, having to sleep next to me all garlic and Vicks!
    Haha I love garlic too! Luckily I can sleep in spare bedroom away from hubby, will give it a whirl