+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Fibromyalgia

Hi all I am seeking people who have or know someone with fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed after years of pain but the problem is my Dr is very casual in his approach to certain things and has said I need to figure out my own pain management, I don't want to change Drs because for years no Dr would listen and pretty much accuse me of chasing pain meds. I can usually mange on paracetamol, brufern and if necessary muscle relaxants but ever since flying I have been sore and a little puffy which I read can happen. So I am begging if someone has a suggestion on what I can do to be able to move and not want to cry please tell me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have it as well as a host of issues unfortunately. I was sent to a rhumetologist (sp?). He checked a number of other things as well. I never pursued treatment but I'm sure he discusses lyrica and another medication as possible treatment. My complication was that it was hard to define which issue was causing what so I didn't want to start more medication, plus from memory it had some fairly decent potential side effects.

I ended up getting a personal trainer once a week and we alternate between core muscle training and stretching to reduce the ache. I found panadol osteo more effective as its slow release and heat packs.

When I get really bad I also see a myotherapist which I found great and if I need a quick fix I go for a remedial massage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and my MIL both have it. Well, we think DH has it but the Dr is useless at listening. My MIL is on a lot of things like magnesium and heaps of vitamins. I think she also takes tablets normally used for epileptics.

Sorry I'm not more help.