+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Signs of early labour? URGENT HELP!!!

Hi Guys

I am currently 36 weeks (although my drs tell me my bub actually measures for 38 weeks and are treating her as such). I have had 2 episodes of early contractions with this pregnancy (which is my first), one at 24 weeks and one at 30 weeks. So Im used to contractions coming and going.

But all day today I have had period like pain which has gotten stronger as the day has gone on, no real breaks from it. Have also had a love affair with the porcelain (sorry for the TMI) and some nausea for the past couple of days.

My basic question is, is this labour starting? I have told my hubby not to call our birthing unit unless it doesnt stop by tomorrow, but am not sure if I should be worried right now or not.

Any help/advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You should definitely call the birthing suite now and go in and get checked. Even if your bub is measuring big it doesn't mean that the lungs are mature. The worst they can say is that it's a false alarm! Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

truebeliever  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I second calling them. They will probably want you to go in and while it might be a pain at this time of night hopefully the peace of mind will help you sleep tonight.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same thing happened with me, I went to the hospital twice with false alarms.

Are the pains increasing in frequency/intensity? Do they settle down if you have a bath & lay down?

If your worried always call the birthing unit for advice, that's what they are there for.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had very similar experience going into labour. Used my bowel ALOT and had period like pain increasing all day long.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies for your help. It managed to calm down enough for me to get a few hours of sleep (which is all I get these days anyways cause its so awkward lol) But it's still there this morning. Its kinda like the worst period cramps ever, non stop, and now my hips are starting to hurt with it and my lower back.

There are times when it is more painful, but otherwise its just constant.

Hubby is going to call the birthing unit today and ask if its early labour stages. To be honest, I am really hoping it is!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi again

ok, ended up in birthing unit. Turns out wasn't labour but that bub is laying against my spine and also because of her size there is something called separation happening in my pelvis. So just been told it will be painful for remainder of pregnancy, not much they could do.

thanks for all your help and advice ladies, was much appreciated!!!