+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    Well I'd love to report that it's going great but it isn't. The property was sold and naturally the landlord wanted instant vacation. Saw that coming. We applied for and secured another place. We cleaned the house and passed with flying colours and now the bond is not being returned. The agent who passed us says the owner wants to go through the place and approve it prior to allowing the bond to be released. Thing is, our contract isn't with him, it's with the agency. We checked in on Friday and got the ol' "It will be done. You just have to be patient." Meanwhile, no eBond lodgement has been done. Back to the RTA today to lodge a dispute form.

I now fully understand why tenants just up and leave and don't worry about cleaning. We have been royally screwed. Without the bond, it's going to be difficult to secure the new property. The new agent understands but at the end of the day, we have to come up with another $1200 that they are holding onto.

Just makes you sick of doing the right thing. Nice people actually do finish last.
    I'm so sorry op
    You can lodge a rerun of bond form yourself, it goes straight to the RTA and from my understanding they just ask the PM for the condition report and its either approved or not.
    Call them today in regards to bond.
    It's sometimes better for you to lodge the form before your PM does.

We just moved 2 weeks ago... We didn't have all the issues you had, but it was stressful! So I would hate to think how you're even handling all this.
    We had bond cleaners come through as we moved 4 hours away so we thought it would be easier (if something wasn't cleaned the cleaners would just be called back etc) I thought they did a great job but we were called back by our PM to clean a "water drip mark on the laundry sink" we were told this on the Saturday, new people were moving in in the Monday, the bond cleaners refused to come out on a weekend so we did the 8 hour round trip for a firkin water mark..
    On Monday morning we were called by our PM as there was now a shoe mark on the tiles (from where we walked in in the weekend) bond cleaners wouldn't come back and the new tenants were moving in that afternoon, the PM wanted to take cleaning costs out of our bond for the shoe mark, so we lodged a bond form ourselves through the RTA, told the PM via email we did this and in the end we had our full bond in our account the next day.

I would try and avoid the landlords going in for this "inspection" my guess is it will be full of nit picking $hit.

I can't believe how hard the landlords are making this for you
    I understand its their house by far out!
    I really do hope all this is sorted for you ASAP.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no! This sounds so stressful!! Definitely contact the RTA ASAP, the landlord shouldn't have anything to do with the final inspection!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a cr@ppy person your former landlord is!

Occasionally I would have landlords come with me to do an exit but most were happy with my opinion. That's what they paid me for!

As much as it's going to be more back and forth for you I advise you contact the rta again.

Has your pm completed the exit condition report? Have you done yours? Also, when you moved it did your agent take photos, and more importantly did you?

A few questions there sorry OP but mainly on the photo part if the landlord wants to nit pick you can come back with evidence. Don't forget 'reasonable wear and tear', doesn't mean complete damage but if it's a tiny chip on a skirting board (for example) that is generally acceptable.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Unfortunately as agents we can't release the bond unless we have landlord approval - 95% of them allow us to make that call but yes there are those fussy ones who want to check for themselves and it sounds like your landlord is one of them - or - as it is going through a sale most solicitors request the owner and sometimes the new buyer to inspect the home before releasing the bond to make sure there are no dramas at settlement and as your agent was not the selling agent this is probably the case - just call your agent today and tell them to ask the owner to go down their ASAP or you will lose your new rental and have to move back in ( you won't but it might make the landlord hurry up as he won't want the sale to be jeopardised!! )

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hang on, by owner, do you mean the new owner or the old one? If new, I'm pretty sure s/he doesn't have any rights. They presumably saw the house before purchasing. The condition you left it in is something for the agent and the old owner to approve. Not the new owner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Lodge the bond refund form with the RTA yourself. Then the RE/owner have a certain period of time to respond.
    Also if return of the bond is disputed, they will have to pay to take you to tribunal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: I am happy to update that we lodged the refund from with the RTA ourselves and they have returned it to us. We received it yesterday. The landlord had a certain period to report, he didn't and the RTA refunded it to us.

We had photos etc at the ready to present if we needed to but it was mainly the stress of getting the bond back. The new agency was very understanding but yeah, the landlord was a right royal prig. You get that I suppose but I'm annoyed I worked so hard on the garden!

Thanks to you all for this support and good advice. I'm going to need some more now on a more distressing topic. As things have a habit of turning out well, I'm hoping this one will too. Thanks again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay renting sucks hey! I have my own long list of previous dramas with landlords ..,sigh.

Hope your new rental meets your needs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm glad that is all sorted for you

I'm sure that whatever is an issue for you at the moment there will be hubbers who can help

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Dancing. It's about bullying. I will be doing something about it today. I can't wait any longer. I just want to do it right, though. And legally.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (19-08-2013)