+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I'd probably start looking to move as well as there is a good chance they will give you notice to leave if they think you are trying to impede the sale of the property.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    Wow! I'm not a professional but know for sure that a landlord canNOT just show up at the property unannounced! That's terrible! I'd be doing a form 11 or whatever it's called straight away!
    This and turning up at the BACK DOOR not even knocking at the front 😱 how scary op

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy12 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The owner of the agency handling the sale called again today - being Sunday - asking for an inspection. On a Sunday. In the morning. We have never been in a property listed for sale but is Sunday normal?

DH grabbed the phone and very calmly but sternly advised him that it was a day of rest, that we were having this day as a family and that due to the landlord's attendance the previous night, all inspections were suspended until advice could be gleaned from the RTA and the matter reported to the rental agent. I heard a lot of spluttering and ums and ahs on the other end of the phone before DH thanked him for the call and hung up.

As for a Form 10, yes we were given one a week after we were notified by phone but we note it was a copy, not the original.

Yes, coming to the back door was a bit of a surprise. On reflection, when I told DH that the selling agent knew that I'd been alone during the week (DH was working away), we feel that the landlord thought I'd be alone. DH has now taken a week's leave to stay with me while we work this out.

DH and I would never think of impeding the sale of the house and the landlord can think that if he wants to and can issue us with a Notice to Vacate if he wants to. Bottom line for us is that we won't be pushed around by people who obviously think that because we rent that our home is open for their exclusive use whenever they feel like it. The last thing we want is a barney but the incident was really upsetting for us (DH was livid) and we think it's necessary that a complaint be made.

Thanks for the feedback. Will be speaking with the Tenant's Union and RTA tomorrow and will report the outcome.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (12-08-2013),LoveLivesHere  (28-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I'd probably start looking to move as well as there is a good chance they will give you notice to leave if they think you are trying to impede the sale of the property.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    To be totally honest, we find it repulsive that we are propping up this man's mortgage and in light of what's happened we are seriously taking a look at the market right now with a view to moving. We don't have the money right now to purchase a house but eventually we will and believe me we cannot wait to buy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad you'll be speaking to your PM and a tenancy advocate tomorrow.

As for Sunday inspections, they can be normal. Sometimes people only have the weekend to view properties. Doesn't mean you have to agree though. Calling and asking for an inspection THAT morning is not ok (IMO).

It's good that your DH is going to be with you this week, but sucks at the same time because of the reason why.

Stand your ground. Of course the landlord can sell, it's his house. But while you live there and pay rent it is your HOME. I hope it settles down for you and your family.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spoke to RTA, Tenant's Union and managing agent today.

RTA recommended a Form 11 breaching the agent.

Tenant's Union recommended a Form 16 and do a three way mediation dispute resolution thing as well as a Compliance Notice with Fair Trading about the selling agent.

Managing agent rang at 9 this morning, I gave her a brief gist of it over the phone and we are seeing her at 2pm today.

Going by advice that you've all provided us, we have decided to go with a Form 11 accompanied by a brief note point recall of what transpired and will present this to the managing agent.

Oddly enough, no calls from the selling agent today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good to hear you are keeping lines of communication open with your PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you sort it out. From memory, I think any inspection is at least 5 days notice. So rude of the sales agent and the owner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Nancy we didn't want to embark on WW3. We just wanted to communicate that what transpired is just not on. Our managing agent has been good to us and it's only right we go through her first.

Californication, the notice requirement is 7 days. Yes, both were rude but judging by the landlord's body language and behaviour towards us and his wife, we were given the impression he is used to standing over people and getting what he wants and when he wants it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't suggesting you wanted to embark on WWIII?