+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CitrusRain
    I would love to hear your experience when you get the chance, thank you I'm sorry to hear your lil ones are sick, hope they get better very soon for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    CitrusRain thank you so much for sharing, its so nice to know that others have had experiences that are not what they should have been and that i'm not alone in trying to move past it. I am so sorry that you were so badly ignored, it must have been so very scary when nobody would listen to you! Congratulations on your second birth and finding the strength to put your foot down for what you wanted I will do as you suggest and at least write a complaint letter, talking on here and hearing other peoples experiences has been helpful but I might try to follow up and find a councellor too Thank you Thank you Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a similar experience. I too feel that mine wasn't as traumatic as others and some might not have found it traumatic at all, but I really struggled for months afterwards and think I might have suffered PTSD.

I have recently requested my birth records and am having a couple of birth trauma counselling sessions once I get them. This was also cover the trauma from breastfeeding I went through.

If you do seek counselling within 12 months of the birth there are Medicare rebates available.

Best of luck and you will always did support here x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was able to get a mental health plan set up so even though my sessions were through a private practice they were bulk billed! Some people don't know things like this are out there! I know I didn't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry to hear your story and things not going to plan.
    I would definitely make a complaint through the hospital regarding the midwife.
    I cannot get my head around the midwife breaking your waters and cutting you.
    I am thinking you gave birth in a public hospital?

With my ds1 I had a 36hr labour but my ob was visiting me throughout and the midwives did nothing without consulting him first. My waters were broken by my ob. everything that was happening to me was explained to me along the way. He was there when I eventually gave birth and I had an episiotomy which I was fine with and suggested I have one if need be early in the peace because I didn't want to tear. I was comfortable with everyone and everything which is how it should be.

To you.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 31-07-2013 at 13:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't aware there could be the possibility of medicare rebates for councelling, thats a great thing to know and look into - thanks for the tip!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your gp writes up the plan you get 5 sessions then can apply for an extension which I did so got an extra 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just wanted to confirm that the counselling I am referring to is not the same as the 10 sessions you can get via a mental health plan from a GP. It is specifically for pregnancy-related counselling.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pcd-pregnancy-support

Thanks
    Reviews
    The one I went to was a pregnancy - post natal clinic and the mental health plan was accepted..... I would check with your gp or maternity hospital in your state to check specifics