+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I prefer store bought (or actually op shop bought) I can't justify the cost of homemade, especially when much 'home made' stuff is a Target onesie with an applique chucked on it. I buy a few homemade dresses, make a few things (dresses, trousers) and mum and MIL knit lots.
    Yes.. When is buying a onesie from a shop and ironing on something or sewing something on it homemade. I recently went to a home made market and there were heaps of stalls with things like this... Bit disappointing. I could do that myself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsboyts View Post
    Yes.. When is buying a onesie from a shop and ironing on something or sewing something on it homemade. I recently went to a home made market and there were heaps of stalls with things like this... Bit disappointing. I could do that myself.
    Yes this does not appeal to my tastes so I prefer store bought. Although I do love love love hand knitted items. I recently spent $40 on a knitted winter hat/beanie for my baby and it is divine. I didn't even hesitate at the price. The quality is amazing, like nothing in the shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mostly buy things from op shops, sometimes from ebay or gumtree.
    I do like the look of a lot of handmade stuff, but if I'm really after that style I'll make it myself. I only buy things from stores where I'm after something specific and can't find it easily/cheaply.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say 80% of my daughters wardrobe is handmade, either by me or some one else. I have my own handmade business so know quality when I see it. There is nothing worse than going to the markets to see a vendor selling crap with that has been poorly made, yet asking big bucks just because it is handmade. If it is made beautifully I will buy it.
    I try to buy things that are a little different too. I am so over deers owls and chevron.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

tubster  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it depends on age and sex
    My boys I mostly prefer store bought. Under one I like a bit of handmade
    For girls I love handmade, probably to an older age maybe somewhere in the 5/10yrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your feedback ladies..
    I understand what you are saying about the onesies & singlets with an appliqué sewed on. I personally like the appliqué sewn onto a singlet if it comes with a handmade skirt or something & the appliqué is just to make it a set, if you know what I mean??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love making clothing and accessories for my kids. And I feel content and proud when people are willing to buy them, especially when they are quite pricy (not able to lower price due to time spend and cost of fabric etc).
    But handmade clothing is catered for a niche market, its not everyone's cuppa tea. Most of the times you can find something nice and good quality (sewing wise) in the shops and a lot cheaper because they are mass produced.
    I would buy / make accessories like headbands for my daughter and hats for my boy. I wouldn't buy handmade clothing for them because they are just too pricy and I can make them too with a pattern and some fabric. Appliqués on rompers or tshirts I would not buy because appliqués usually fray after wash, way too expensive for what it is, some you can't even wash them because the flowers will fall off etc. I bought one a while ago and you can't wash it at all
    If its a set, it will depend on price and how much I love it. I recently saw one and I thought it was really different and wouldn't mind owning a set for DD but for that price I would rather buy a few sets in target