+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Des1102 View Post
    My private health cover covered all hospitalisation for procedures in the private hospital required for IVF.
    Oh ok who was that with ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandale1727 View Post
    Oh ok who was that with ?
    I'm pretty sure Bupa does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't be without PHI and not just meaning having my children privately but all the unexpected Health problems. I didn't expect my eldest to become type 1 diabetic and our PHI cover the cost of her $10k insulin pump plus hospital stays. My 3 youngest have all had ENT problems and between them had 8 lots of surgeries for grommets and tonsils which we didn't have to pay for or go on long public waiting lists so yep if you are unfortunate to have a child with some health issues minor or large then I swear by it!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I wouldn't be without PHI and not just meaning having my children privately but all the unexpected Health problems. I didn't expect my eldest to become type 1 diabetic and our PHI cover the cost of her $10k insulin pump plus hospital stays. My 3 youngest have all had ENT problems and between them had 8 lots of surgeries for grommets and tonsils which we didn't have to pay for or go on long public waiting lists so yep if you are unfortunate to have a child with some health issues minor or large then I swear by it!!
    Oh wow yea your right that's fantastic that it covered all that which insurance r u with ? And what type of cover ? I know its different depending on circumstance but just out of curiosity

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm with defence health on top hospital and extras with no excess. They have been brilliant. My mums with Bupa and says they are fantastic too.
    Also with a lot of PHI you can claim things like children's swimming lessons, other childrens sports, aqua aerobics, runners, gym membership.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You won't pay anything in hospital if you go public (you might pay the gap about $30ish per visit for gp appointments if they don't bulk bill) and epidural or caesars paeds etc wont cost you anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone once told me "It's like car insurance expensive but cheaper than the alternatives. You can choose to use it when needed but will regret not having it when you face a loooong waiting list"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorrisWombatWife For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (26-07-2013),GrabbyCrabby  (27-07-2013),Mmumm  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is all so true and I'm so torn lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have private health. Even with it I ended up paying around $8,000 with ob appointments, scans and hospital stay (plus surgeons for my Caesar). Plus on top of that I was paying my fortnighly health insurance. It's expensive. In my opinion being in a private hospital was well worth it. I have thought long and hard with this pregnancy and have decided to go privately again. If you are strapped for cash then I wouldn't have the extra pressure. I remember having to come up with $4000 for my ob and it was a huge stretch for us at the time.
    Having said all that, my DS was very sick for a few months and we were in and out of hospital. We went public and it was fantastic. Such a relief to have no bills when I couldn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though it is an extra expense for phi it is definitely worth it. Especially if there are any complications you are watched alot closer by the one ob. Alot of obs will send you to ultrasound places that do bulk bill unless you've got a complicated pregnancy then they might want to have a bit more detail. I've had friends who have gone public and the differences are huge. Plus the big one is in private you stay for 5-6 days rather then overnight in public. Considering breast milk doesn't come in until day 3-4 it's great to have that extra support in hospital rather then been at home. If you have family cover your bubs will be covered if they have to go to nicu. I'm with bupa and there's no waiting period once you've passed the obsteric one. That's jus my personal opinion. Feel free to pm me if you have further questions. I also work in private maternity ward so am happy to help you out xo

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app