+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leash.... yes, I had a 5dt transfer. I've only had two transfers before - a 2dt and a 3dt, so I was very keen this time to grow it out and have a 5dt. They kept the other 3 embies that I had until Day 6, but they weren't good enough to freeze, so kind of counting on this little one.

KLM and Odditty... what are Progynova tabs? Do they work similar to the Pessaries?

Odditty... When will you BT be? Will you remain in India for that?

Francesthecat.... How good are we at going through all these cycles? 9 for you!! I have read some women take alot of progesterone support (e.g. KLM0511 mentioned taking 2 pessaries three times a day = 6 a day). I'm only taking two a day (one each morning and night). Someone else mentioned that her clinic does a BT half way through the 2WW to check progesterone levels - I think that's a great idea, but my FS never mentioned it to me. Has yours mentioned that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie my clinic does a blood test about 4-5 days after transfer to check that hormones are all good for sustaining a pregnancy - if not then they'll prescribe extra progesterone or whatever else you need to keep it going if the embryo implants. I thought this would be fairly standard procedure but obviously not?

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC B,

Im with Monash in Clayton, and never have been offered a half way BT.
    But it really makes senses, why wait until its too late to fix.
    This is something I'm asking my nurse on Tuesday when I pay $$$ and collect my meds. I think they are this time going to give me the pregnl injection as I seem to get AF before the BT.
    And I had to ask for that extra progesterone on my last cycle, they weren't going to hand it over. I then found out how pricey it is.

Thanks to the wonderful ladies here I feel more informed of my options, and then can ask for them.

Good luck for BT tests comming up very soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My progynova is oral and I presume the same as the pessaries. I am also of Progesterone pessaries 1 taken twice a day, and a progesterone injection once a day along with steroids.

My BT is on the 10th of August but I can POAS on Saturday if I want to. We will be in India until August 23rd. If my BT is neg.. I might stay on and use another egg donor. Hubby will return to Oz.

We are only trying twice. Have a US based adoption agency ready to go as soon as we obtain our visa to live in Thailand for a year. Our son will be attending Japanese Language School there. Been planning that move for him for a long time now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oddity Acres For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Leash.... yes, I had a 5dt transfer. I've only had two transfers before - a 2dt and a 3dt, so I was very keen this time to grow it out and have a 5dt. They kept the other 3 embies that I had until Day 6, but they weren't good enough to freeze, so kind of counting on this little one.

KLM and Odditty... what are Progynova tabs? Do they work similar to the Pessaries?

Odditty... When will you BT be? Will you remain in India for that?

Francesthecat.... How good are we at going through all these cycles? 9 for you!! I have read some women take alot of progesterone support (e.g. KLM0511 mentioned taking 2 pessaries three times a day = 6 a day). I'm only taking two a day (one each morning and night). Someone else mentioned that her clinic does a BT half way through the 2WW to check progesterone levels - I think that's a great idea, but my FS never mentioned it to me. Has yours mentioned that?
    The Progynova are Estrogen tablets - confusing when it starts with 'Prog' . So 6 of those a day. Used to half that but the FS changed it for everyone apparently.
    And yes, I have a blood test this Friday to check the progesterone levels, then the following Fri is the final BT for the preg test.
    Not sure what is happening with me but I have had a headache for 2 days now - like a massive one! Making me feel ill. Panadol not working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Progynova are tiny blue tablets taken orally. Kind of like the 'pill'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais that makes so much sense for them to do a blood test 4-5 days after transfer (I would assume the amount of time after transfer would vary depending if it was a 3 or 5day transfer?) I will definitely be asking about it next time.

I don't know my progesterone levels from my BT but I have to go again tomorrow for another BT to make sure the HCG is out of my system and when I do I will be asking as my new FS assumes my levels were too low to sustain a pregnancy hence her upping my dose next time around.

Thank goodness for BH... I have learned so much here! What other advice can we all offer each other? I think if we all collate the information and apply it to ourselves we optimise our success!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais.... I have written on my list for next time, about having an extra BT during the 2WW. It totally makes sense, especially since I can't work out why I've only been prescribed 2 pessaries a day, and others are having 6 pessaries a day, plus other things. The last time I had a BT to check any levels was two days before EPU, so who knows what my body is doing? I sure don't!!

JB2011.... I so agree with you. None of the FSs I've seen in the past 18 months have been awfully forthcoming with information. When I mention things, then they're happy talking and explaining. I know that there's no one definite answer in this IVF game, and I think that's where the problem lies - each FS has a different opinion and experience, depending on their clinic, and which conferences they go to etc. Thankfully, I'm a good "list-maker"!!

Odditty.... wow!! You sound like a multi-cultural family. Are you or your husband from Thai and/or Japanese background then?

Veritas... good luck with your Beta BT today. We'll all be looking back here later to see that BFP. Fingers and toes crossed :-))
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 31-07-2013 at 10:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just looked back on my protocol - had ET on a Thursday and the following Monday I went in for a BT to check hormone levels (4dp3dt). I don't know if it's specifically done because of my ANA+ or if it's standard for everyone at my clinic, but it was definitely reassuring to get that phone call to say if it implants there shouldn't be any problems maintaining a pregnancy because my all my hormones were within the ideal range. I've not been told the exact numbers for progesterone, etc but being told it's all good is good enough for me at this stage!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic is the same Arlais, mid TWW BT to check hormone levels, lucky they did as my progesterone level was at 1000 and is supposed to be 180 so I was advised to drop my pessary dosage, I also thought it was standard? Maybe its a Perth thing? Mine was 5dp3dt.

MCG Bertie 2 pessaries seems to be a standard dosage but like someone said everyone differs how can they guess with something like that?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2013)