+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't give my daughter coke as she doesn't need the caffeine haha it d let her have soft drink when we go out to dinner etc or if I buy a bottle for home which don't normally do, so can't really judge anyone, each to their own, the aren't my kids so don't care lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the average baby, formula is not detrimental to their health, but would be detrimental to their health to be denied that in the absense of breastmilk. Giving coke is of no nutritional value. It will not matter if a child never has it, or any alternative to it, because it is not needed for survival the way milk is needed for infant survival. Formula is obviously a better alternative than cow's milk for babies. People can go their entire lives never having softdrink, but every single person has had milk of some kind at least in their babyhood because they have to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Secret of Cleo For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think many people took the time to read this post!! Not once in the several times I've read it have I thought you were comparing formula to coke. Just goes to show how quick some are to judge.
    In response to your original question, it depends. Filling a childs bottle with coke, yes. The odd sip, no.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (26-07-2013),harvs  (25-07-2013),RandR  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends on age and how much.

One of the previous post mentioned coffee. I have given my kids a sip because they kept wanting mine. I have coffee with no sugar so knew they wouldn't like it. One taste and they have never asked again. Sorry went off topic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. A child in my opinion doesn't need to be exposed to high sugar and chemical drinks. They don't know any different by not having it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coke is something DH and I don't drink so neither does DD, she is 23 months and has only ever had water offered to her and doesn't ask to try our drinks? In saying that, if we r having Turkish coffee, there is nothing she love more then to dip a spoon in and have a few licks. I have a friend who's 18 month old ( now 5 ) has had. Coke as his main thirst quencher for years now and her has horrible brown stained teeth that are really small and crooked. Our osteo told us fizzy/ sugary drinks will cause development issues with baby teeth, then the adult teeth will more likly be needing braces, work etc. so I just figure if they don't ask do t give, I don't know if I would give (cave lol) if DD started pestering me for it? I try not to judge, however my friend kept pushing her so and that I do judge sorry!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I find bizarre, is why would you give a child who can't ask for it coke? Sure my son would grab at a bottle in my hand, but he would do that with anything! Seriously at younger than two (ish) how can they want to try it? Surely that first drink must be given for the parents amusement. So I guess I just think its completely unnessecary.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (27-07-2013),HugsBunny  (25-07-2013),Vonnie89  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a formula feeder AND a Coke drinker - hell, I'm pretty much addicted to the stuff; every time I go off it, I get mild withdrawal symptoms.

But yeah, I'd judge anyone who gave a child Coke. Depending on circumstances, of course. It really depends on the age of the child. For a younger child, an occasional sip is fine, a can of the stuff is not. For an infant and toddler, I don't think so!

DS tries (and usually succeeds) to grab stuff off me all the time, edible or not. I know it's going to go into his mouth; if I have Coke, I keep it well away. When he's older, if he asks, I'll likely give him a sip. I'm pretty sure he won't like it because it's unusual and gross to taste if you're not used to it. I'm sure one day he'll probably ask to try daddy's coffee too. That should be interesting. But I digress.

Coke has zip all nutritional value and it's addictive. Formula is FOOD for babies. Of course people are more likely to judge parents for giving their children Coke and not formula. There's really no comparison, even if you do lump them both under the label of substances that can be imbibed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep have to say I do, in rare circumstances life or death, sure I can understand that, but out and about and giving your baby 1,2,3 yr old coke... I used to work in a pub, and often saw it.... As I was making drinks, if the child was obviously so very young, I'd water it down with soda water.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer1 For This Useful Post:

tatia&shura  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What do people think of giving your child juice then? I class juice and coke in the same category all full of sugar and unnecessary (obviously for reasons stated in my previous post I have to give my eldest some at times). My daughter only knew of water to drink for her first 3.5 years of life but I'd constantly have friends and family feeding their 6 month olds juice in a sippy cup.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Kelly8329  (27-07-2013)