+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry , accident posts !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only if I see them add a nip of scotch, rum or bourbon in there as well.

On a more serious note did you all know that coke will make their teeth turn black and rot in there mouth. Oh yes i have seen it, it happened to my 2nd cousins child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTruth View Post
    I would judge if it was in a baby bottle or sippy cup but not if an older child (so age 4+) had a coke in their hand.

I have never actually seen a baby with coke/choc milk etc in a bottle, I have only read of it on here (could be that I am not taking any real notice of other kids when I am out or it just may not happen very often).
    It happens, but whether or not you see it depends on where you live I think. I live in a lower class area in brisbane. Lots of teen mums, people just hanging around shops etc with nothing to do. Nothing criminal, just bored people with little education and yes, they put whatever they have on hand into bottles and sippy cups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Yes, caffeine isn't for kids.
    Unless the kid has ADHD, I've heard it's good for them then and know of a child who has a cup of coffee before school because it works the opposite to how stimulants normally work and calms the kid down enough to listen at school, the parents think it's better than Ritalin. People are quick to make judgements without thinking things through on here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After seeing some kids sniffing paint yesterday, I'm not too concerned about coke. The youngest was about 5 and the eldest around 12 or so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes. I have done this before and felt bad. I think there are plenty more healthier options out there, once in a while maybe ok, but not all the time. Milk and water for my kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Not a myth actually. I was a member of the rural fire service and saw the coke in the SES trucks for that purpose. So maybe not all but some do use it.
    I'm in the ses and yes you can use coke, but you can also use any other carbonated beverage. We use soda water cause there is no sugar in it is not sticky. It's the carbonation that's effective, not the coke. Anyway i'm off topic.

I judge the mother I saw put a can of mother into her 9mo bottle and yes I guess I judge mums that give their babies any soft drink a bit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good grief, i'm glad that I wasn't in public when I was required to give my DS2 lemonade in his sippy cup, after reading all of the comments about soft drink in bottles and sippy cups.
    The judgement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Good grief, i'm glad that I wasn't in public when I was required to give my DS2 lemonade in his sippy cup, after reading all of the comments about soft drink in bottles and sippy cups.
    The judgement!
    I'm glad you can laugh. I'm reading this in shock.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    I'm glad you can laugh. I'm reading this in shock.
    You're reading the thread in shock? Parents are judgemental. It's one thing I have learnt from bubhub.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (29-07-2013)