+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ps, my kids don't drink soft drink or juice. Phew - safe from Judgement on this topic at least.

Oh wait - my DS2 who has autism, hardly eats anything in terms of variety and amount, plain, colourless,dry, ie crackers, bread - things like that he'll eat. No meat, no veg, and only very few fruits. His paed told me to give him sustagen - oh yeah - the chocolate one. If anyone ever said anything to me about it, they would rue the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I'm completely honest - yes I do. I also judge the kids lunch boxes at school ... But that's a whole different thread.

Not just random people though - but people I know, who have no health reasons whatsoever who just make bad health decisions often out of pure laziness... Yep I am silently McJudgy.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 27-07-2013 at 18:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My just turned three yo boy still has a dummy at times, isn't completely tt so is still in day time pull ups and I from time to time give him nuggets chips and omg... Watered down Maccas coke!! Judge away!! I On the other hand couldn't give a flying you know what what you give your kids

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What I do find funny is that on here we get a chance to "see" people's thoughts.

The fact is whether we read it on here or not, people are thinking the thoughts in their head.

Sure I think it, but I won't say it aloud.

I sort of think it's funny when you find out someone judges something you feed your kids, but without realising they are incorrect about the ingredients.

I've been amazed when I've talked to some kids, one who has been to visit me at my house and asked about drinking a can of V - when I replied, "you can't have that much caffeine in a day, it's dangerous", then outlined that kids can have heart attacks. Then there was another who drinks copious amounts of brewed coffee, and his mother wonders why he bounces off the ceiling a fair bit.

FYI:

Maximum amount of caffeine per day

You can calculate the exact daily maximum of caffeine for children 13 years and older with this easy equation:

(child's weight in pounds) × (1.1) = maximum amount of caffeine per day in milligrams
    or
    (child's weight in kilograms) × (2.5) = maximum amount of caffeine per day in milligrams

Remember: never exceed 400 mg of caffeine per day.

4-6 years 45 mg (about one can of cola)
    7-9 years 62.5 mg (about one and a half cans of cola)
    10-12 years 85 mg (about two cans of cola)
    13 years and up Varies depending on weightTable 1 footnote 1

There's about 40 - 45mg of caffeine in a can of coke.

I certainly acknowledge that some parents give coke to their kids for a reason, but wondered if people who just shake their head at the sugar content know the above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes, depending on age. I once saw a mum buy her kid (maybe 4?) a massive can of Mother!!! I def judged that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep. The "acceptable age to drink Coke," is a bit of a grey area for me, I'm not sure when that age arrives... but it's sure as hell not when they've still got a mouth full of baby teeth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen it happen many times. I was guilty of it when my first was younger as I needed to give her something to be quiet for ten minutes in an interview and coke was all I had.

I've told my kids when they turn 10 they can have one glass for their birthday dinner. And from then on each birthday. I hope they stick to it when out with friends as coke is horrible stuff which I am trying to give up myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't drink coke, and we don't keep soft drink in the house. I treat myself to a diet coke when I'm out without the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the child was under school age and sculling a whole bottle to themselves, then yes I'd raise an eyebrow. That said, I still don't really agree with giving older children coke, but a tiny bit every now and then isn't so bad. If they were drinking it daily from a young age, hell yes I'd judge. That said, I do recall once giving DS a sip of my coke when he was probably about 3 or 4. I'd bought myself a bottle with the shopping, and was having a sip of it in the car before heading home, and he started whining about being thirsty. I told him that we would be home in a moment, but he kept carrying on about being really thirsty, and wouldn't let me strap him in his seat. I was exhausted and didn't really feel like going back in the shop with a tantruming child in tow just for a bottle of water, so I hesitantly let him have a sip. He didn't really like it lol, but it kept him happy enough until we got home. All i could think was, what would anyone who happened to glance over think?! Since then, I think he's only had it one other time not long ago, and again he didn't like it. I actually offered to him as a treat recently at the movies, and he said no he hates it and it's not a kids drink. Lol. He only drinks milk or water at home, and has lemonade or fanta very occasionally as a treat on special occasions. I really don't think that children need caffeine or excess sugar on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would if the child was having a whole bottle or a few glasses. A sip to a toddler or older is fine because I've done this.