+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 230
  1. #161
    jbish's Avatar
    jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    654
    Thanks
    171
    Thanked
    128
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I have to say....I originally answered yes but I'm going to own up to the fact that I was a bit naive when I first answered. After reading through all posts I honestly had no idea about some of the reasons why a child may be seen drinking coke. So thank you to those ladies who shared their personal stories because it really has opened my eyes to the fact that I have absolutely NO idea what is going on beyond the glimpse of their lives that I see.

    So I do apologise to those ladies because I can't even imagine what some of you are going through with your children. I also want thank you again for sharing.....thanks to you I'm going to think twice when I see parents making certain food/drink choices because some of the time there is a bigger picture and who am I to judge on the brief moment I am there for.

    Hugs to you ladies, you're doing an amazing job

    ETA: I also just wanted to say that in my first post when I said yes I would judge I would never ever have said anything out loud to the parent. I know that doesn't make the fact that I used to judge any better but I did understand it was none of my business. That it would be awful and embarresing (for the other parent) for me as a complete stranger to comment about somebody elses parenting choice. It would only ever be a thought to myself and not something I would dwell on.
    This absolutely!

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Adelaide foothills
    Posts
    753
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked
    426
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *deep breath* Ah, the smell of hypocrisy on a Saturday morning...

    Gotta love a thread that asks whether you judge and when you are plainly honest others turn around and eat you for it. Just luuuurve how certain participants of this thread feel that an answer that is wrong, according to them, gives them the licence to go on the attack and engage in the very behaviour they say they abhor. Must be wonderful being perfect.

  3. #163
    MrJones&Me's Avatar
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked
    1,370
    Reviews
    22
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    *deep breath* Ah, the smell of hypocrisy on a Saturday morning...

    Gotta love a thread that asks whether you judge and when you are plainly honest others turn around and eat you for it. Just luuuurve how certain participants of this thread feel that an answer that is wrong, according to them, gives them the licence to go on the attack and engage in the very behaviour they say they abhor. Must be wonderful being perfect.
    Judging is one thing, admitting to confronting someone (and possibly verbally attacking) is a whole other.

    Focus on your own kids & your own life.

    [text deleted by Moderator]
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 27-07-2013 at 13:06. Reason: unnecessary

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,695
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,284
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    *deep breath* Ah, the smell of hypocrisy on a Saturday morning...

    Gotta love a thread that asks whether you judge and when you are plainly honest others turn around and eat you for it. Just luuuurve how certain participants of this thread feel that an answer that is wrong, according to them, gives them the licence to go on the attack and engage in the very behaviour they say they abhor. Must be wonderful being perfect.
    It's one thing to be honest and admit you would judge, but when you say you would actually confront someone, well that is crossing a line.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (27-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (27-07-2013)

  6. #165
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Adelaide foothills
    Posts
    753
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked
    426
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's still being truthful and something I don't back down from.
    Your responses do not answer what is being asked.
    To assume that to approach someone is to verbally attack them is your conclusion and your unfortunate perspective, not actual reality.

    [Text deleted by Moderator]
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 27-07-2013 at 18:35. Reason: unnecessary

  7. #166
    MrJones&Me's Avatar
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked
    1,370
    Reviews
    22
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    It's still being truthful and something I don't back down from.
    Your responses do not answer what is being asked.
    To assume that to approach someone is to verbally attack them is your conclusion and your unfortunate perspective, not actual reality.[quote edited by Moderator]
    Wow, you think my world is perfect..

    [Text deleted by Moderator]
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 27-07-2013 at 18:37. Reason: unnecessary

  8. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,643
    Thanks
    15,089
    Thanked
    11,253
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Ok you judge that it wrong and walk over and say something to them.

    A perfect stranger walking up to me telling me how bad of a mother i was for giving my coke. Yes, I would feel attacked.

    BTW my life with several kids with special needs is no way perfect. I have had enough experience at this mothering gig to know life is not black and white.
    Parents often have reasons for doing things i might feel is wrong/strange that are none of my business.


    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (27-07-2013),BabyG4  (27-07-2013),heeeeerekittykitty  (27-07-2013),ICanDream  (27-07-2013),Purple Lily  (27-07-2013),Witwicky  (27-07-2013)

  10. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,695
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,284
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    It's still being truthful and something I don't back down from.
    Your responses do not answer what is being asked.
    To assume that to approach someone is to verbally attack them is your conclusion and your unfortunate perspective, not actual reality.
    [Text edited by Moderator]
    It doesn't matter how diplomatic you are, to confront a stranger whose life you have made judgments of from a tiny snippet is crossing a line.

    Who said anything about being perfect anyway? I know I'm not perfect. You must be though, to tell strangers that coke is wrong
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 27-07-2013 at 18:39. Reason: quote referred to deleted text

  11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (27-07-2013),Atropos  (27-07-2013),beebs  (27-07-2013),gizmoduckus  (27-07-2013),hopefulmama2b  (27-07-2013),HugsBunny  (27-07-2013),Kelly8329  (27-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (27-07-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (27-07-2013),Meld85  (27-07-2013),risfaerie  (27-07-2013),Witwicky  (27-07-2013)

  12. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've honestly never thought about any reason coke would be necessary to a child, so apologies to those mums who have needed to give it to their kids. Generally speaking though, coke is not needed so yeah, I guess I do raise my brows when I see it given to young kids. I remember a particularly violent and rough boy at the playground at a local club who was pushing my friends son around. His mother was sitting with her back to him he would have been about three. I saw him go back to his stroller and retrieve his 600ml coke bottle and polish it off. I remember thinking that explained why he was so feral- full of sugar and caffeine. My 10 year old still doesn't have coke! If that's judging, then yep, I guess I do judge, but no, I'd never say anything to a stranger about their decisions on feeding their kids. How rude would you have to be to do that?!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    risfaerie  (27-07-2013)

  14. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    Ok you judge that it wrong and walk over and say something to them.

    A perfect stranger walking up to me telling me how bad of a mother i was for giving my coke. Yes, I would feel attacked.

    BTW my life with several kids with special needs is no way perfect. I have had enough experience at this mothering gig to know life is not black and white.
    Parents often have reasons for doing things i might feel is wrong/strange that are none of my business.


    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Completely agree. OT I see on here all the time people judging parents whose children aren't wearing shoes. My son will scream the screams of a person having daggers put into his eye balls if he's made to wear shoes some days. Often while we're already out and with 2 other kids in tow I just have to get on with it. I hate it knowing the number of people on here who say they judge kids without shoes.

    Pretty much sums up why I don't post on here anymore. Far too depressing knowing this is how some parents view other parents from just a snap shot of their day.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    hopefulmama2b  (27-07-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. ~*Young Parents Locations*~
    By Freya in forum Young Parents
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 21-02-2014, 20:53
  2. Do you judge other parents??
    By cassieh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 23-06-2013, 22:07
  3. Would you judge parents for spending *too much* on their child's birthday party?
    By eMBe in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 19-06-2013, 15:46

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth Sydney
Julie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and organised for the wonderful birth of your beautiful new baby. Birth Support Doula training provided in 2017 open to all. Call 0401 265 530
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!