+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I won't let my Son drink soft drink but I do not judge others for letting their children drink it their child their choice. I give my son juice the V8 veggie only ones and I'm sure others would judge me for that but he's my child and its my choice to allow him to drink it, I do not allow soft drinks as I know there is no nutritional value in them but when he is older (say 5yrs+) and if he asks for it I would not have a problem letting him have a small amount occasionally as a treat but for now he is 2yrs old and I am responsible for his eating/drinking habits so I won't allow it. Each to their own as I said your child your choice it has nothing to do with me and I probably wouldn't even take notice of what another parent was putting in their child's bottle/sippy cup

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not generally a judgmental person, but I do judge people who knowingly harm their children, whether it be through physical abuse or emotional abuse or starving them or feeding them terrible junk food 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They're not my kids so what's the big deal?? I am only concerned with what my children are eating and drinking. I will let them taste my soft drink if I have one. By no means is it a regular occurrence.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly it's something I've never ever noticed? How much time does everyone spend looking at how other parents are parenting? DD is just too full on for me to waiver my attention elsewhere

Once a fortnight after dropping DP off at the airport we get a maccas brekky, hotcakes & orange juice, DD gets a few sips *cough* steals my cup *cough* but it's not a regular thing, I don't offer it to her, she steals it! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only person I judge giving coke to young children is my ex. I don't think my kids are of an age to be drinking caffeine so I refuse to give the kids this and they very rarely get even lemonade only for a treat.

Anyone else I don't care what they feed their kids do I agree no but I'm not perfect so I don't judge but my kids are my kids and the ex knows my position on coke and my kids so shouldn't be doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I make it a point of not thinking of myself of so special I think I have the right to judge anyone.

i wonder if they truly know the the damage or risk of ANY soft drink or processed food to their long term health. I figure most people don't or they would have other options. But no judgement, just concern for the future health of the child, but this inc,uses kids eating any processed frankenfoods.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (05-08-2013),Mod-pegasus  (27-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dependant on the age of child and situation, yes I have judged parents for giving a child Coke. Generally, I would not notice as I am too busy with my own kids, but two Coke-specific moments come to mind:

I was standing with my pram at a train station with DD when she was about 10 months old. Lady with bub similar age was standing next to me. She tipped the dregs of a bottle of milk onto the tracks and filled it with half a bottle of Coke. Totally judged her. But then she was also smoking under the covered section and right next to both of our kids, so I was pretty well judging her for everything.

Second time, I have a friend who refuses to give her kids water or milk, on the grounds that she and her partner do not like water or milk, so her kids do not like it. Instead she weans her kids directly onto cordial and soft drink. Things with "flavour". I have spoken to her about it, and pointed out that her kids drink water just fine at my house, but she insists that they do not like it. I do judge that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (26-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've heard there are worse options than coca cola. I think I've only seen this situation once, with an extremely young baby, and was a bit miffed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coke in a babys bottle - yep I'd judge.

A little bit at a birthday party - thats up to the parents.

My kids both hate the bubbles so I am saved from the emotional trauma of deciding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've never seen anyone put coke in a baby bottle in my life, I would be pretty upset by it.
    I try to limit most drinks to milk and water here, they have had soft drink before though. They know it's a sometimes thing, like lollies and processed meats, etc.. They had coke in a Happy Meal with my parents a few weeks ago, I wasn't thrilled but let it go.
    My 12 year old has it at friends places and sometimes here, it's a rare occurrence, but forbidding it imo just makes them want it more..