+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How did you know you were ready?

So I had a miscarriage just last weekend, I feel fine physically and bleeding has almost stopped even. Emotionally I'm doing ok, although do have random little hormonal moments which I'm assured is normal.

I know it's probably common to be scared to try again but how did you know you were ready to try again? As much as our lost bub was very planned and wanted, and we are doing ok, I'm just not sure if I'm ready to start TTC again immediately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss

I was ready immediately. For me, I wanted a baby so much and that feeling only got stronger after going through loss. If I had of waited, I would have gobe crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Green Cheese, i had been wondering how you were doing

I have had 5 miscarriages, and each one was different. Becoming ready to TTC again afterwards was a different amount of time for each. But really, i guess there comes a point when the yearning for a baby outweighs the grief of the loss.

My most recent was in April. The pregnancy was unplanned, so the miscarriage and grief took me by surprise. But as it turned out, i ovulated less than a week after that loss, and here i am now at 10weeks with #3.

Take all the time you need, but also, dont hold back out of guilt or grief. Only you can know when the time is right. Big hugs to you. I wish you a happier journey next time xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Sorry for your loss

I was ready immediately. For me, I wanted a baby so much and that feeling only got stronger after going through loss. If I had of waited, I would have gobe crazy.

For me i was much lile redlipsandpearls. I tried straight away. It was the only thing that kept me looking forward to a positive future rather than dwelling on the loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. At the moment I feel like I have no interest in getting intimate with my dh at all which kinda makes ttc not possible. At same time I just want to be pregnant again/still. The timing wasn't ideal as I was due right on my 30th birthday so for now I've decided it is going to be a huge party. But then things like my sil 21st which we were gonna be 12 weeks so telling all the extended family, my sisters wedding where I was going to be 5-6 months preg and we ordered dresses already with belly room. I don't know if these things will be easier or harder if I'm pregnant again, and I don't know how I will trust my body to do its job next time.

I tend to over think everything too so going through my head is worrying about ending up like some friends who got pregnant again straight away and now with an 8 month old they are on verge of separation.

I've suggested to dh that I would like to take a holiday, even just for a few nights but I just need to refresh and rejuvenate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A holiday sounds like a great idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your loss

xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry for your loss A holiday sounds lovely if you can just get away and rejuvenate!!

I was the same as redlipsandpearls I wanted a baby so much that that's all I could focus on and tried straight away again.