+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newcastle Private

Anyone given birth at NPH recently? What was it like? Im due in oct and would love to hear ladies feedback. What did they actually supply while you were there and what did you have to take? Are the rooms nice? Midwives helpful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not super recently but in June last year I did. It was great, I had a really good birth experience of my 36 week DS and then we were there for a week (he needed phototherapy and he lost a lot of weight, I was so grateful they didn't keep him and send me home!). The rooms are nice enough, nice and clean with an ensuite. Not super posh or fancy but definitely nicer than JHH. They supply clothes for bub, nappies, a mini pack of johnsons head to toe wash, blankets and wraps for bub... They give one pack of wipes but we needed more, so not a bad idea to pack some. If there is anything else you are thinking of just ask because I can't remember! The food was really good, and my DH stayed (on a mattress on the floor that they supplied as I had a single bed) which we both loved, he would have hated leaving at the end of the day. We were mostly lucky with our nurses but as with everywhere some had stronger opinions than others - certainly nothing major though! Overall, good times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all the info =] did you do there birthing classes? I spoke to one of the midwives and she didnt really think they were necessary, just the bf class and the maternity tour?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did the birthing classes (the one spread out over a few week nights, can't remember how many!) but mostly because I felt DH really had no idea about what was going to happen. Obviously he knew the mechanics of it! But he couldn't understand why I didn't even want my ILs waiting at the hospital, he kind of thought that everyone could just come and join us and give our bub lots of cuddles on the last push, lol. So for us it was good for him to get more of an understanding about the mess and emotion of it all I'm glad we did it! We didn't do the bf one but I was really well supported after the birth and they have the LCs on the ward too so I didn't feel like we missed out on anything there. I have heard they are really good though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I gave birth in nph in December last year and was in for over a week before Bub too.
    I found it great, the nurses and midwives were lovely, rooms fine and food generally pretty good, although there were some weird things on the menu on occasion.
    We did the ante natal classes and hubby especially found them very worthwhile. I didn't get the chance to do the bfinf class but wish I had. However I got a private lc out after who was excellent and I can highly recommend if you need one. I had ac section and was in for 5 days post Bub.
    As pp said they supply nappies, some clothes but I would suggest taking your own as theirs are pretty crunchy, I pack of wipes but then other wipes you just wet with water to use.
    Who is your ob?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIT - thats good to know that they do have good support available. My parnter is exaclty the same, i think he is in a bit of denial about the whole birth ha ha ha!!!

Grebbeci - im seeing jillian spilsbury, who did you go through? Do you mind me asking how much $$ the private lc was? Its good to know that they are available =] i was thinking of taking my own things for bub anyway just to be on the safe side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob was ljiljana milkovic, she was awesome.
    The LC was only $90. That was for like a 2.5 hour home visit and heaps of phone support for weeks after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I birthed there in march this year.
    I took clothes & toiletries.

They provide nappies, wipes and if you want gowns for bub.

The staff were lovely