Closed Thread
Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    OMG has anyone made quirky's homemade baked beans before? They are aMAzing, and would be even better with bacon or something too.

Sorry to interrupt the Thermy 5 talk, but I am so excited by this new development!
    Yes, I make this quite a bit, my family loves it The beans are great with bacon, served with a grilled sausage and toast Also, try it with the beef mince variation- delicious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Anyone know what the price will be after the 'introductory price'?
    The introductory price is $1989, after October 31 it will be around $2,500, that's what my consultant told me this morning on the phone when I ordered my tm5.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Lost In The Fifties~ For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (07-09-2014),French Pear  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just wanted to ask you guys a question. I had a thermie but sold it because we weren't keen on a few of the dishes and texture. Now that i am UTD again and they are going cheap on gumtree I may buy one again.
    with dishes like spag Bol sauce, we found the mince to be really fine like it had been chopped too much, even with the backwards function. Is there a way around this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Hi just wanted to ask you guys a question. I had a thermie but sold it because we weren't keen on a few of the dishes and texture. Now that i am UTD again and they are going cheap on gumtree I may buy one again.
    with dishes like spag Bol sauce, we found the mince to be really fine like it had been chopped too much, even with the backwards function. Is there a way around this?
    Put your mince in the basket, add to sauce and gently stir at the end

6. The Following User Says Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Cook it in the basket or cook in the bowl no faster than speed soft on reverse. Though if you spent $2k and didn't like it the first time I'm not sure you'll like it again just because they're going cheap iykwim" might be worth going to a tmx cooking class- they only cost about $20 and will give you a good demo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wondered if anyone had tried making non-foods in the thermomix?

I went to a workshop a few weeks ago about this stuff and my friend and I spent the afternoon making moisturiser, lip balm, choc-orange body scrub, honey-almond face scrub and washing powder. Lots of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    Wondered if anyone had tried making non-foods in the thermomix?

I went to a workshop a few weeks ago about this stuff and my friend and I spent the afternoon making moisturiser, lip balm, choc-orange body scrub, honey-almond face scrub and washing powder. Lots of fun!
    I've made fingerpaint and play dough. Would love a moisturiser recipe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone tried juicing in their Thermomix? I can imagine things like pure fruit juice would come out ok because it would just whiz it all to a liquid-y pulp. What about adding things like carrot?

I've just got bronchitis on top of hyperemesis gravidarum, and the thought of eating actual food makes me sick. The only thing I've longed for today was a fresh juice which cost me $6.90 from the shopping centre! I then went to to green grocer and bought 3kg of oranges, a kilo of grapefruits and a kilo of apples for the same price. I'm planning on whizzing some up tomorrow but am wondering if adding carrot or other veggies to it would just ruin it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've juiced. ... the pulp doesn't really go away. . So you can either have it thick or I use the basket to strain it through.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

mummyChubbles  (09-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had a look at the new model yet?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app