Closed Thread
Page 66 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    Me too. Except I went silly and spent WAY way way too much
    @Atropos, I can't wait until they build the one at Marsden Park - it'll b closer for me. Do you go to Auburn or Crossroads? I've been going to Auburn, it's still only a 45 or so min trip for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there Thermomummies, does anyone know whether you can make puff pastry in advance and keep it in the fridge or freezer? After making a batch a few weeks ago (not the EDC version, another that I found on the internet), I absolutely cannot justify buying it anymore!! I would love to make some sausage rolls for dinner later in the week, but could really do with making the pastry on the weekend.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Not sure, sycx, but could you make the sausage rolls on the weekend and just freeze them? I've done that a couple of times...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

mummyChubbles  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Not sure, sycx, but could you make the sausage rolls on the weekend and just freeze them? I've done that a couple of times...
    Genius!!!! Feeling rather foolish that I didn't think of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    @sycx would you mind posting a link to the recipe you found? I've tried the EDC one and wasn't impressed.
    Sorry I am having trouble getting the link feature to work!!

http://feedmemummy.blogspot.com.au/2...ff-pastry.html

I made this recipe - the pasties were a hit with hubby and bubba. I changed the vegetables to whatever I had in the fridge. My only issue with this recipe is that it makes about 3 times as much filling as you can fit into the batch pastry. With regards to pastry quantity, I think I managed to get about 10 of the 10cm circles - therefore 10 smallish pasties. (And enough filling leftover to make another 20. That is living in my freezer at the moment). I froze these unbaked and just throw them into my airfryer for 15 minutes when we want to eat them.

Next question: if I am making and freezing sausage rolls, do you make and freeze them baked or unbaked? I left the pasties unbaked when I froze them, but I am worried that if I baked them raw and frozen, the meat won't cook as fast as the pastry?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good point! I think if I were to do that, the pastry might just go sad and droopy! (That's the one thing I've found with handling homemade pastry - it goes really soft really quickly!)

Might bake them first then freeze them.

What else is everyone cooking this weekend?

I have a hubby that is sick and with a hand injury (limiting his ability to help look after the wee one while I am cooking), and I'm working extra hours this week - so I am forcing myself to be super organised and make the most of the weekend. By getting things made and portioned out and frozen. Plans for today are to get some pizza dough done, some pasta dough done, all grocery shopping. Then tonight. Will get cracking on the sausage rolls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is heading overseas again Monday (for at least 2 months maybe more) so I did a huge cook up for DS2 yesterday I made all from the baby & toddler cook book.

Creamy chicken bolognaise sauce
    Chicken & sweet corn risotto
    Beef and zucchini meatballs
    Berry and peach quinoa porridge
    Wholemeal crepes
    Ricotta pancakes
    Apple maple and almond muffins
    Cheesy vegetable muffins

Then my own recipe which is chicken, veg & cheese wholemeal scrolls

So the freezer is loaded for him. Later today I'm hoping to do a few lots of pizza dough and some vege lasagne for me.
    Wow what a supermummy you are!!

I'm on a bit of a kitchen high at the moment, as I did a massive stocktake of my freezer and pantry, have spreadsheeted everything and have gotten right back into meal planning. I also just got my order from a Tupperware party that I hosted, so my kitchen has never been in such good shape!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a key lime tart in the oven now for dessert tonight, smells good!!

If you haven't tried the vegetarian sausage rolls I highly recommend them - it is so weird though as they taste like normal sausage rolls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH is heading overseas again Monday (for at least 2 months maybe more) so I did a huge cook up for DS2 yesterday I made all from the baby & toddler cook book.

Creamy chicken bolognaise sauce
    Chicken & sweet corn risotto
    Beef and zucchini meatballs
    Berry and peach quinoa porridge
    Wholemeal crepes
    Ricotta pancakes
    Apple maple and almond muffins
    Cheesy vegetable muffins

Then my own recipe which is chicken, veg & cheese wholemeal scrolls

So the freezer is loaded for him. Later today I'm hoping to do a few lots of pizza dough and some vege lasagne for me.
    Must be the day for this book today I've made the salmon patties and sneaky mac n cheese omg soooooo yum just love this book!!!

Made apple tea cake to which turned out so nice thank god as had a friend over for morning tea

Thanks
    Reviews
    The baby and toddler cookbook has given me my Thermi mojo back woooooooooo mind you I've had this book for ages lol