Closed Thread
Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Anybody have some vege or seafood recipes they can recommend as we are cutting out meat from our diet. 3 weeks and counting (except bacon because that's meat according to hubby).
    Creamy garlic prawn risotto is yummy. I also like the tuna and macaroni bake - both from forumthermomix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying my first loaf of bread, it's proving as I write. Wish me luck, my last attempt at a pull apart was a disaster. (Admittedly that might have had something to do with my yeast being a year out of date!! Whooooops.)

In any case, I'm committed. Because if this bread making thing doesn't work out, I'm not sure what else to do with the 5kg sack of bakers' flour that I just bought.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyChubbles For This Useful Post:

mummtime101  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    I made CADA for the first time this morning and omg it is soooooo sweet. There was no way I could eat even half of it!

I don't understand why it's so popular lol.
    Yes I know what you mean - I find using more of a 'tarty' apple rather than sweet helps. Also don't use the sweetened dates. Through summer it really is a beautiful breakfast

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (18-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fail safe bread recipe! I have made a lot of bread and this was by far my best loaf ever!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1622834&type=3

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Buttermilk bread from edc was delicious, made it yesterday.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Made jam donuts yesterday. Not bad- a bit yeasty. Will try tweaking the recipe a bit and see how it goes next time. Very quick though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm making soup tomorrow and want some delicious bread to go with it to impress my work mates I'm thinking of making the bestest ever bread rolls. anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Made jam donuts yesterday. Not bad- a bit yeasty. Will try tweaking the recipe a bit and see how it goes next time. Very quick though.
    Have been thinking about doing these.....my local bread store sells the proper jam donut jam haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having real trouble getting DS1 to eat veggies in their natural form. It's not the flavour he is rejecting - for example, he devoured a bowl of spinach, broccoli, pea & apple purée (he called it soup) made for DS2 tonight! He just won't eat plain veggies on his plate.

So I've made a huge batch of the vegetable sauce from the Toddler book, it's actually really nice.

Do you ladies think that if I made mini pizzas using this as the 'base' sauce, with ham/cheese etc on top, that this is a reasonable healthy meal?? I'm getting sick of giving him pasta every night with hidden veggies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pesca I def think that's a good meal option! I have trouble getting veggies into my kids so I feel your pain!

Have you tried the gluten free chicken nuggets off the recipe community? They have carrot and zucchini in them and I also add a handful of spinach to it and also use spelt flour instead if GF flour. My kids devour them! I normally serve them with some homemade ketchup.

I'm currently making a batch of savoury muffins so I'm really hoping they turn out. I've not had much luck with savoury muffins. They smell delicious so fingers crossed!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (23-08-2013)