Closed Thread
Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if you can make and eat that sweet potato tart with feta while pregnant (bcos the feta is cooked?) or do you reckon it would work with cheddar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by careermum View Post
    Does anyone know if you can make and eat that sweet potato tart with feta while pregnant (bcos the feta is cooked?) or do you reckon it would work with cheddar?
    Feta is hot so it will be fine. Wouldn't work with cheddar cause it would melt too much .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I ate cooked feta, ham etc, just eat it while its still hot and no leftovers for you

Can't find the lemon butter recipe DE - sorry, I'm mad as everyone loved it so was hoping to make it again this year. Might troll around websites till I find what I thought it was.

Made another batch of bread rolls yesterday and they were even better, practice makes perfect!!

Made yogurt yesterday and its soooo yum! Made it with lactose free milk but used normal jalna yogurt as a starter so not fully LF but close and will get less lactose the more I make.

Making lasagna today for DH cousin and his DW who just had a baby to go drop at there door. I love how easy béchamel is in the thermo! Was thinking I might make some of that cherry ripe slice to go in there to (and to eat )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Yep I ate cooked feta, ham etc, just eat it while its still hot and no leftovers for you

Can't find the lemon butter recipe DE - sorry, I'm mad as everyone loved it so was hoping to make it again this year. Might troll around websites till I find what I thought it was.

Made another batch of bread rolls yesterday and they were even better, practice makes perfect!!

Made yogurt yesterday and its soooo yum! Made it with lactose free milk but used normal jalna yogurt as a starter so not fully LF but close and will get less lactose the more I make.

Making lasagna today for DH cousin and his DW who just had a baby to go drop at there door. I love how easy béchamel is in the thermo! Was thinking I might make some of that cherry ripe slice to go in there to (and to eat )
    Shani youre a little thermo gun

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I'm also looking for non food recipes- bath stuff, lotions etc to make for Xmas!
    Saw this on Pinterest and thought of you http://ironchefshellie.com/2012/08/0...de-hand-cream/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post

Bechamel was so easy in thermie !!!! :-) loved it- so fast I made a canelloni, lasagne, bolognese and carbonara to freeze in an afternoon.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The tart was lovely. Super tasty ^_^

Shani, when or if you find it please lemme know im so disappointed in my efforts yesterday.

Braiiiiins

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know quirky cooking has a lemon butter recipe for anyone who is looking. Judging by the comments it's a winner! I have never made it tho. I have just been given a huge bag of lemons so need to think of something awesome to make with them!

I made some awesome coconut, lentil and veggie pies yesterday. I was so stoked that the pastry worked out so well. Really hard to do pastry dairy free but this is a winner! Great for lunch boxes too!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375332355.201304.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FertileMertile For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Saw this on Pinterest and thought of you http://ironchefshellie.com/2012/08/0...de-hand-cream/
    Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babybabycakes - not sure whether to love or hate you for that slice recipe!! Made the peppermint version, devine.

My first batch of chocolate was a disaster though, it went all crumbly like. So I did the second batch the old fashioned way (microwave). What did I do wrong? I followed the recipe - speed 3, 50 degrees...