+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone used Tresos Natal?

I've been taking the above for the last couple of months and just noticed that is has folinic acid as well as folic acid. Folinic acid has mixed reports during pregnancy. Has anyone else taken this supplement before? It's different to the Natal Plus made by the same people - Eagle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minniemousey View Post
    I've been taking the above for the last couple of months and just noticed that is has folinic acid as well as folic acid. Folinic acid has mixed reports during pregnancy. Has anyone else taken this supplement before? It's different to the Natal Plus made by the same people - Eagle.
    How have you gone taking this one? Ive just had it recommended to me by a naturopath after my friend recommended Natal Plus to me. Now Im not sure which one to get!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, as far as I am aware folinic acid is better and more absorbable? Eagle is a very reputable brand

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had no problems so far. I actually ran out so am taking the Natal Plus - made by the same people but no folinic acid in it - but I have to say I prefer the Tresos Natal. I did do some further research and found that like the post above says, it's much easier to absorb.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Difference between folic and folinic acid - Elevit

Hiya

just wanted to share my lil bit of knowledge on the topic..

it was explained to me that as a general idea which has been scientifically proven approximately 50% of the population cannot actually absorb folic acid... HOWEVER, it has been scientifically proven that everyone has the ability to absorb folinic acid. It is I guess you would call, folic acid that has changed so you can absorb it, just as good/same as folic acid.

The thing is, drug companies and brands like Elevit know this already... But Folic acid is a lot cheaper to put in their product rather than the more expensive folinic acid.. So they brag about having 800mg of folic acid in the Elevit more than the competitors however it is absolutely useless if your body can't absorb it and could endanger your child as a lack of folic acid does... Tresos natal has half folic and half folinic so at least you know you are absorbing one or the other or both.. I am one that does not absorb folic acid..

So kind of makes you angry that for the sake of marketing and money people are unknowingly not making a difference when taking these other types of vitamins