+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default help with Vacuum cleaners

Hi guys, I'm after some help re: vacuums. I'm buying a new one and want to spend under $400. I have a dog and a cat inside so it needs to be good with pet hair and tiles as well as carpet. Any help would be appreciated - what do you have? Apologies for this being all one paragraph but Bubhub has decided not to let me use my enter key :/

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get a Dyson seriously the best vacuum ever I'm pretty sure you can pick them up around $400 mark sometimes just a little more

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (24-07-2013),kezanazz  (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wierd I just bought a new vacuum today and it pretty much sounds like what you're looking for!

It's a Wertheim brand Dog & Cat W2000. I bought it from godfreys for $399. I don't actually have pets inside as I bought it more for the allergy side of things. It's got really good suction and some extra 'special' turbo cleaning heads that are supposed to pick up dog and cat hair, including one specifically for upholstery/couches etc.

Worth a look as it seems to be cleaning up after DH quite well HTH!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CatesBean For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatesBean View Post
    Wierd I just bought a new vacuum today and it pretty much sounds like what you're looking for!

It's a Wertheim brand Dog & Cat W2000. I bought it from godfreys for $399. I don't actually have pets inside as I bought it more for the allergy side of things. It's got really good suction and some extra 'special' turbo cleaning heads that are supposed to pick up dog and cat hair, including one specifically for upholstery/couches etc.

Worth a look as it seems to be cleaning up after DH quite well HTH!
    LOL awesome! It has bags in it though, doesn't it? Are the bags expensive? I think I'd have to replace the bag after every use around here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it does have bags. I was originally looking at bagless but it kind of makes more sense for me to seal all the allergens etc in rather then them going everywhere when I empty it.

I bought a box of 20 for $45, so about $2.25ish a bag. I think they mentioned you can bulk buy an amount that makes it cheaper per bag. I probably wouldn't be changing the bag as much as you possibly would though, hmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love a dyson but yeah it's the $$$ that put me off! Am seriously excited about this one though!

**need to get a life!!**

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'll go to Godfrey's and talk to them. Thanks though, you've given me something to think about :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a really good one. its a VAX. Was about 330 or something. Best for animal hair and it has an amazing suction

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I saw a VAX on the Godfrey's site that's reduced to $299 from $599 which is supposed to be good for pet hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to update in case anyone else is looking for something similar. I bought the VAX bagless turbo powerhead. Was $299 reduced from $599 and it's AMAZING. I wasn't even this excited about my first good vacuum and it was a Dyson!