+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Random cramping - is this normal???

Hi all,

Im now 13 weeks preganat today with our 1st child but second pregnancy. April this year we lost the first one at 6 -8 weeks. It was classed as a blighted ovam. so i had a miscarriage and we started all over again. but it was a month later and i was getting really sick and had the flu but thought nothing of it. one day i was so sick i hadn't eaten in 2 days coz everything i ate came straight back up. went to the dr and did the bloods and stuff again. did a pregnancy test as well which came back positive. anyway, now this is all going so quick i thought i would just join a forum and see what i could get out of it.

enough of that. down to the real issue. throughout most of my first trimester i have had cramping. Its only like around my stomach area. I thought it might have been the baby just kicking away or its the uterus expanding with the baby kicking or something.. it comes and goes.. doesn't happen all the time just little pains every now and then.

can someone tell me if they have had the same or am i going crazy?? thanks

Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cramping is very norm during pregnancy. I would only be worried if you were in alot of pain (doubled over type of pain) or if there is bleeding x

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

lozzietas  (24-07-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Normal. Sounds like ligament pain! I got a lot of it at the end of the first tri/beginning of the second.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

lozzietas  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cramping is very normal, especially in the first trimester. Your uterus is growing. As long as there's no bleeding : )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-07-2013)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarSkull View Post
    Cramping is very normal, especially in the first trimester. Your uterus is growing. As long as there's no bleeding : )
    This

Try not to worry (easier said than done, I know) but I too experienced lots of pain/aches and cramps during my last pregnancy and everything turned out fine, had a lovely healthy bubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to see this post. I'm 9 weeks and have got some discomfort. This makes me feel a little better! Guess its quite common. Look fwd to my next scan in any case....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had cramping on and off, like really mild period pain, from 6 weeks until about 10. Around 16 - 20 weeks I had some pain on the left, which I discovered is what they call round ligament pain which is from the uterus growing and expanding with bub. All normal, as long as its not severe pain and no bleeding you should be fine, but if in doubt ring your doctor or after hours midwife/hospital maternity ward if you have one. Good luck and hope all continues to go well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mild cramping around my whole stomach and strangely enough around the same date each month like slight period pain which i don't think i have had a regular period in my whole life so was weird, even now getting close to third trimester i get cramping on both sides of stomach which i am guessing is ligament and muscle pain from getting bigger. Whenever I worry my sister now tells me the rule of thumb is if there is no bleeding and the pain isn't extreme to stop worrying, although it is good to hear that i still worry of course lol. If you are worried though a quick trip to doc or call to midwife can help ease that worry even if just for a little while (well for me anyway as i then find something else to worry about lol) .