+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not going to daycare

I am a SAHM and I am getting do many comments why my 2.5 year old does not go to daycare.
    I have a 7 month old baby and could not be happier having my two children with me, my husband and I tried for years and years for kids and eventually had to do IVF with both.
    However it's really getting me down and I mean to the point where I am feeling like I am doing the wrong thing by my toddler for not sending her to daycare as from everyone's remarks.
    My toddler is one of the most sociable kids I know and a lot of people think she is 3 or 4.
    We do dancing, kindagym, parks etc and sine days at home with plenty of activities. Both kids love playing with one another.
    My toddler also doesn't cry if I drop off to grandparents for the day etc.

So how do I stop feeling like this? An I really keeping her away from the world??

I don't have to work and gave up a very high end career to raise my babies we desperately wanted and feel why should I if I can watch my babies grow. It's really awful that I get so many comments from people.

Feeling so down I am doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can't win, can you.

It sounds like you're doing a great job with both your kids. If you're happy and they're happy then that's all that matters

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-07-2013),mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just ignore everyone! Your child isn't missing out on anything by not going to daycare, especially seeing as she is doing all kinds of activities where she gets the chance to mix with other kids.

Don't let it get to you, it sounds like your daughter is thriving. Sadly, people just think they can comment on every aspect of your life once you're a parent

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry about it and enjoy them You are lucky and your kids aren't missing out on anything. I keep all my kids home until they are three and are toilet trained and then they go to kindy and then pre-prep which is all they need to prepare them for school independence.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 24-07-2013 at 16:27.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

Lulu56  (24-07-2013),mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    you know what, if as a SAHM you sent your kids to daycare, you would be posting on here saying "I'm sick of being made to feel like a bad Mum because I send my kids to daycare one day a week even though I am a SAHM."

You cant win. There will always be someone who thinks you are doing the wrong thing.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-07-2013),Lulu56  (24-07-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (24-07-2013),mumsrulz  (24-07-2013),rachel27  (25-07-2013),SoThisIsLove  (24-07-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My boys never went to daycare, it's absolutely no biggie! Honestly, don't worry what anyone else thinks, you are doing what's right for your family.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-07-2013),mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a SAHM and my 3.5 DS has never been to daycare and still has not been to kindy either. He's with me pretty much 24/7. He's the most social child I know! He goes to soccer and has a few little friends from our original mums group. It sounds like you are doing a great job, don't let others make you feel guilty because your not doing the same as them. It's probably because they are trying to reinforce/justify their own choices to themselves.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We were at little kickers ( soccer ) last week and the coach was saying how good DS is at following instructions for a 2 year old and that he can tell which kids go to day care/pre school as they follow instruction better , I said ah he has never been to day care and he was very surprised!!

As long as you get them out and about don't worry what other people say - ill be starting DS in pre K when he is 4 , until then the kid has a better social life than anyone I know!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ignore them! It sounds like your toddler is thriving and you ARE socializing her with playgroups etc! People are stupid! I'd just reply with 'haha we don't have time for daycare, between playgroup, swimming, play dates etc we just don't have the time' hopefully that would shut people up a bit!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really??? People are commenting negatively for you not putting your child in daycare!? Wow, you really can't win can you! You sound like you are doing an awesome job, and she sounds like she is getting all the social interaction and mental stimulation she needs! You are certainly not keeping her away from the world! Enjoy every moment I say - i'm guessing there are also plenty of SAHM's out there who don't send there kids to daycare.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

mumsrulz  (24-07-2013)